Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Littlebig

Haidir/Kalana bug

I got today Haidir mission, 30 rabbits in DP, as usual, i not talk NPC, Kalana in this case, before i do them. I killed 30, and got a normal message afterwards, job done. Then i go to Kalana, but she had no option "i killed your rabbits" as it should be, and i not get any exp, becuse cannot talk to her. So i went back to test kill 1 rabbit more, but no more message appears, as it should be until talk NPC, so i went back to Haidir, and he says "first kill stuff to Kalana".

Maybe Haidir quests changed like Harvest ones where you need to kill the right one. In fact since Haidir quests give so much more experience maybe the bug is that you can stay on spawn spot and kill same creature repeatedly. :inquisitive:

Only things I can guess is (1) someone without guild (like me except my guild was destroyed by server bug) summoned rabbits so you got rabbit which did not count or (2) one rabbit spawn does not count. Did you count the bodies if you did not just leave them on ground?

He did get the message that he had killed enough of them for haidir, so summons or invalid spawn would be strange.

@ Littlebig: One thing I'd like to know:

did you by any chance kill the rabbits before today's update, and tried to cash in after the update?

I made them before update, and all messages was normal, except Kalana, who talked only her basic business, not the Haidir thing. (after all i returned again to Haidir, used pass, and finished another one normally)

Well, because it was routine message, i closed message window quick, but it looked just normal message "you killed 30..." And i am pretty sure i had 30 rabbit furs in inventory too after work. And as far i remember, i had only excavator, spear and harv medallion weared, and nothing is lost, so it not be break stuff message.

Revi is correct, I harvested some Wormwood before update and after update I finished it but got experience for entire 300 Wormwood harvested. Something odd occurs during updates sometimes which is why I wonder why updates do not occur between days.

Well, because it was routine message, i closed message window quick, but it looked just normal message "you killed 30..." And i am pretty sure i had 30 rabbit furs in inventory too after work. And as far i remember, i had only excavator, spear and harv medallion weared, and nothing is lost, so it not be break stuff message.

Check your chatlog. I had this quest last night and that's not what my message said.

But pop up messages not come to chatlog?

Argh, okay. I have the pop-up messages disabled and sent to chatlog. Are you absolutely positively sure you killed enough?

Revi is correct, I harvested some Wormwood before update and after update I finished it but got experience for entire 300 Wormwood harvested. Something odd occurs during updates sometimes which is why I wonder why updates do not occur between days.

I don't think I understand, can you please rephrase it?

Aislinn; lets say 99% sure,(I done that mission xx times without problem, but there is always room for human error) 30 furs in inventory, and so far i can't recall i had killed any rabbit before recently, and now when i thinking, if you talk to Haidir, going proceed his task, but not kill all what he demand, and go talk to map NPC before finished, it gives you option "you need kill all" or something like that? Cant remember for sure. I will try check that option on next Haidir.

Ok, confirmed now, if you start Haidir mission, but not finish, and go talk to NPC, the NPC give option "Haidir sent me.." At least that option i should see on Kalana, but nothing.

Edited by Littlebig

Okay, next question: are you absolutely positively sure you were supposed to go to Kalana? Since you didn't talk to Kalana first, so wouldn't get the message in your quest log, is it possible you forgot who Haidir said and went to the wrong npc?

I got today Haidir mission, 30 rabbits in DP, as usual, i not talk NPC, Kalana in this case, before i do them. I killed 30, and got a normal message afterwards, job done. Then i go to Kalana, but she had no option "i killed your rabbits" as it should be, and i not get any exp, becuse cannot talk to her. So i went back to test kill 1 rabbit more, but no more message appears, as it should be until talk NPC, so i went back to Haidir, and he says "first kill stuff to Kalana".

That seems to indicate he indeed needed to kill the rabbits for Kalana

I made them before update, and all messages was normal, except Kalana, who talked only her basic business, not the Haidir thing. (after all i returned again to Haidir, used pass, and finished another one normally)

And that makes testing any possible solution very difficult or impossible, so I guess this one is closed for now?

I don't think I understand, can you please rephrase it?

Not sure on which point you wish to be rephrased.

1. I harvested wormwood before update and after update for Xaq before first hour was up - I got experience for all 300 Wormwood from North Redmoon @ [62,67] . Normally I get exp 280 (120 + Smart Harvester Perk using cloak) so I got extra experience. No big issue to research.

2. Could not the server go down at 5:59 game time that way players could use resources such as Day stones without being interrupted or having special days to be restarted? It is a planned restart so it would help people to prepare for it by saying at Day Change.

Sometimes when I get rabbits for Kalana, I brain-fart and talk to Nevina afterwards instead since she's right near a double rabbit spawn (and she is a daily NPC for minel so she's marked on my map). Just sayin... possibility?

Z