Eternal Lands Official Forums
PaulB

Retro Eternal Lands IP Party and Contest!

RETRO ETERNAL LANDS WEEKLY PARTY AND CONTEST

In light of tonight's fun at beam and hide and seek I have decided to make this a weekly event.

Want to know what's required? It's simple.

1. Must be 25+ people at beam having a party around the campfire.

2. Enjoy the fun and take part in the hide and seek contest.

Yup folks! That's it. Easy right :)

I will move this event to Saturday or Sunday evenings around 9pm EST. Hide and seek contest will start at 10pm EST.

If this time frame is too late for you to join in then why not run a contest of your own :) Let's get IP active again and draw in newer players. IP really is a great place to be when it's packed with players right?

I will post here weekly with prizes for contest and if you would like to donate to the event please contact me in game or you may post here or message me here.

Thanks to all who made this possible tonight! I had a great time and hope you did also.

PaulB

GM of BO$$

I'm going to be running this event again tomorrow! Time frame is listed in above post.

Prize as of right now will be 1,500 srs, 2,000 coal and 1,500 spirit essences!

If anyone is willing and able to donate to the prize pool please post here or contact me in game or via forum PM :)

Thanks for the support in advance.

PaulB

GM of BO$$

OTHER DONATIONS TO PRIZE POOL:

1 ELE, 1 EDE and 1 EME donated by the very sexy Ecstasy

1 Artificer cape donated by SnowghosT

1 MM cape, 1 BP cape and 1 Mirror cape donated by FeaR guild

20,000 diamonds donated by Norad

1 EFE and 1 EWE donated by NSA guild

Hide and seek prize is now as follows:

1,500 srs

2,000 coal

1,500 spirit essences

1 enriched life essence

1 enriched death essence

1 enriched magic essence

1 artificer cape

1 Monster Magnetism Cloak

1 Body Piercing Cloak

1 Mirror Cloak

20,000 diamonds

1 enriched fire essence

1 enriched water essence

THANKS ALL FOR JOINING IN! WINNER WAS WARZARD!

Stay tuned for next week!

Edited by PaulB

I'm going to run this event again today Sunday March 9, 2014 at 6:00pm EST and the hide and seek at 7:00pm EST.

I'm running it early so more people are on and have a chance to partake in the fun :)

As always thanks for the support!

PaulB

GM of BO$$

I am donating 1 Rostogol Stone to the prize pool!

Anyone willing to donate to the pool for the hide and seek is more than welcome to message me either in game or here on the forums. You may also post here.

OTHER DONATIONS TO THE PRIZE POOL:

1,500 SRS donated by BO$$ guild

1 Enriched Water Essence donated by Stitch

1 Enriched Life Essence donated by Stitch

1 Enriched Fire Essence donated by OldSchOol from the best polish guild PL

1 Haidir Pass donated by OldSchOol from the best polish guild PL

1 Serpent Stone donated by OldSchOol from the best polish guild PL

1 Enriched Death Essence donated by Norad

1 Haidir Pass donated by PrincessTitanium

PRIZE POOL:

1 Rostogol Stone

1,500 SRS

1 EWE

1 ELE

1 EFE

2 Haidir Pass

1 Serpent Stone

1 EDE

SPECIAL NOTE:

Radu said in 6 that on new day he is going to make it Sun Tzu. I am still going to run this event but the only people who will be allowed to join in the hide and seek will be those that joined in the party on IP. I will keep a notepad file with the names of everyone attending the IP beam party and award the prize to the one of them that finds me during the hide and seek.

THANKS ALL FOR PLAYING! MYD1 FOUND ME You are in Idaloran [432,597]

eternallandspty_zps15b28c77.jpg

Edited by PaulB

Hello all! I'm going to be running this event again Saturday March 29, 2014 @ 5:00pm EST.

Prizes for the hide and seek are going to be as listed below. If you would like to donate items please contact me in this thread, forum PM or in-game PM/IG.

I am donating 3K SRS to the prize pool.

OTHER DONATIONS TO THE PRIZE POOL:

1,000 SRS/100 feast pots/1 serp stone donated by DarkDragoness

1,000 SRS/100 feast pots/1 serp stone donated by lunarcey

3 EFE/1 EWE donated by SteelLorD

10,000 Gold Coin donated by Dragonlore

1 Staff of Protection donated by CherUT

4,000 HEs donated by BO$$ guild

1 Orc Slayer donated by patriot

1 Mule Glyph donated by Fantastika

1 Haidir Pass donated by Fantastika

PRIZE POOL:

5,000 Potion of Spirit Restoration

3 Enriched Fire Essence

1 Enriched Water Essence

2 Serpent Stones

200 Potions of Feasting

10,000 Gold Coins

1 Staff of Protection

4,000 Health Essence

1 Orc Slayer

1 Mule Glyph

1 Haidir Pass

Thanks,

PaulB

GM of BO$$

SPECIAL NOTE:

I would like to thank Fantastika for her generous donation of feasting and serpent stones to those of us that #suicide for Joule Day today. Without her donation some items wouldn't be here for the prize pool :)

ROSABEL WON! THANKS ALL FOR PLAYING.

Edited by PaulB

I just wanted to take the time to thank anyone who helped me make this event a great one. Sadly for many, I will no longer be running events. I feel I owe you a reason for this.

Earlier today I took my bomber alt and decided to go have some fun killing guard bots with another couple players. We had a great time and I invited some people to join in with us on channel 6. I gave them the location of the map and how to enter it.

Apparently this is against the game rules as guild maps are considered game secrets. I did not know this at the time I invited others to join in. For that I am sorry. I really didn't know guild maps were considered game secrets.

For this unintentional action of mine the moderation team refused to help me announce the event, thus decreasing the amount of players able to join in due to lack of knowledge that event was running.

I again thank the many players who have helped make this event a great one and I am sorry for unintentionally breaking a rule I didn't know existed.

PaulB

GM of BO$$

PaulB its sad to me that the moderation team chose to link a contest with the other together. I have played consistantly for 5 years and have never heard of that rule before. I think this should have also been handled seperate. As bombing guard bots, giving away guild map locations has NOTHING to do with the contest you did. Thank you for returning all the items I had donated for future contests. Its very sad to me that it has come to this. lately you have been the only one running contests so now as I see it there will be none, hopefully the mods who made this decision will step up and do some contests. Maybe its time for everyone to relax and have fun instead of worrying about pointless shit. they pay for a guild map they should be able to have a guard bot strong enough or wise enough to protect it. Anyway thanks for all you have done. :)

PaulB, you said : "...and I invited some people to join in with us on channel 6. I gave them the location of the map and how to enter it."
So if you tell someone of a Guild Map Location, you're breaking a rule.....interesting that this never came up when our C-1 Map was compromised . Bummer about you having too much fun...many people seemed to enjoy it. Guess some don't like their sunshine stolen,huh ?

What stops a player from giving out a guild map location via PM? Or is it just *illegal* to say this on channels? Lmao...

Really guys, the mods here have gone insane. Even so, why punish a player that wants to make the game more enjoyable for others? Especially since the two things are separate and should be treated as so.

Just to update you all who cared enough to message me in game about this issue...

After a conversation with radu I found out it's not illegal to give out guild map locations and they are not considered game secrets.

I'm sure it was a misunderstanding by a moderator or moderators. All is forgiven and I hope we can put this behind us.

My actions with my alt was to have some fun, I didn't realize it angered anyone as quite often people in @@6 are laughing and having a good time killing guard bots (mainly CO bot).

So for starters I still apologize to the people I offended with the actions of my alt and after a day to think it over I will continue to do this event as so many poured in support for me over this issue. I just hope that the moderators can find it in their hearts to forgive me and help keep this event a active one. EL really needs events like this for its players.

Sincerely,

PaulB

GM of BO$$

Just a power-mongering mod that likes to push her weight around and bully people. Not like I haven't seen thousands of those over the years all over the internet. Give her the middle finger and keep doing what makes you happy.

Watch your back now PaulB. I'm not saying you're going to get it...no...I'm saying your're going to get it "with no grease or the common courtesy of a reach around". Every law or rule laid down is another liberty or freedom lost, and just when you think the Bill is clear, it goes through as a "rider bill" on the back of another obscure law already on the books.
Just because you survived round # 1 don't mean Mike Tyson ain't gonna' bite chunks off in the next round.
Duck, stay low and be very-very quiet about winning round one.
Yeah go ahead and smile...just not in front of the Camera. "They're Watching"...always watching, and listening...

Just a power-mongering mod that likes to push her weight around and bully people. Not like I haven't seen thousands of those over the years all over the internet. Give her the middle finger and keep doing what makes you happy.

Watch your back now PaulB. I'm not saying you're going to get it...no...I'm saying your're going to get it "with no grease or the common courtesy of a reach around". Every law or rule laid down is another liberty or freedom lost, and just when you think the Bill is clear, it goes through as a "rider bill" on the back of another obscure law already on the books.

Just because you survived round # 1 don't mean Mike Tyson ain't gonna' bite chunks off in the next round.

Duck, stay low and be very-very quiet about winning round one.

Yeah go ahead and smile...just not in front of the Camera. "They're Watching"...always watching, and listening...

It is exactly the kind of attitude that some people, not PaulB, are displaying in this thread that make moderators NOT want to help you. In this case the moderator in question had read back after being afk and was just kind enough to let PaulB know what had happened.

It was not a single moderator action, but it was based on the wrong assumption that entrances to guild maps are considered an official secret.

I am glad that PaulB will continue with his event and I am sure he can get a generic #jc 7 announcement in the future, as has happened in the past.

As to others who are not so mature, grow up!

Nobody is being immature about this (except perhaps the mod that makes up her own rules so that she can push people around). We are simply pointing out that a power hungry mod, thought that she could come up with her own rules, simply for the enjoyment of bullying one of the players on the game. This very same mod has consistently abused her power by muting people in channel for no better reason than to bully players (oh I'm sorry, is pretending to wrong chat a gm to 6 just to goof around against a rule?). This very same mod complains time and again that she hates being a mod. And we all know that I'm not talking about Cree.

We are simply pointing out that a power hungry mod, thought that she could come up with her own rules, simply for the enjoyment of bullying one of the players on the game.

However,

1) This is not, in fact, what happened.

2) Please see rule #27, Moderation is never a topic for public discussion.

Let's return this thread to it's initial topic. Thanks.

Dont know if the coords were given on ch 6, but this is from the channel rules :

All official channels 1-20:

1. No coordinates are allowed to be given in any official channel. Players need to learn to explore and notice their surroundings. The goal is not to blindly auto-walk everywhere you go.

I have played 9 years and always heard the guild maps were secret, even if people told guildies/friends where to look for them.

If I had been active at the time, I would have given the same answer. Radu has obviously since chimed in with his answer of the day on this one. In any case, I think this falls under the unwritten "don't be a dick" set of rules. A hidden entrance to a guild map is obviously meant to be hidden. If not, there would presumably be a portal room or other public entrance to each guild map. Many guilds are supporting EL with guild maps and bots, and are paying for some semblance of security. Furthermore, I don't want to read back pages of PK Central spam, filled with obsolete bots and PK alts. It's a waste of bandwidth. I will push to have PK Central report only PKI kills (for players 65 average att&def).

It doesn't matter what any of you MODS have to say about this. Radu, you know YOUR BOSS,the OWNER OF THE SERVER, said it's not against the rules. So quit already!

SteelLord, this is perhaps too much to ask, but:

could you read back over your last few posts and think about what the "powerhungry" mods should have done applying the forum rules strictly (just as an exercise for yourself)?

For what it's worth to you armchair quarterbacks out there, the issue was discussed among all the mods who were around at the time first. As much money is paid for maps and guard bots, it has long been the "assumption" that the obviously secret entrances were supposed to be secrets, and people paid dearly for that right.

There was no intent to be powerhappy mods, nobody was out to get anyone. If anything, the goal was to protect people. Yes, radu has spoken, it is his game and his income that may or may not be affected, so there you go. However, the constant harping by the same few who have an axe to grind gets old and does you no favors. Maybe civil discussion with the people you have issue with might serve your purposes better, unless you have no purpose other than to sow discontent.

If guildmap entrances are not protected from being given in public channels, this information should be prominently displayed somewhere easily accessible, where people would think to look when looking up information about purchasing guild maps, so they can decide if that fact affects their decision to buy a guildmap.

Edited by Nova

If guildmap entrances are not protected from being given in public channels, this information should be prominently displayed somewhere easily accessible, where people would think to look when looking up information about purchasing guild maps, so they can decide if that fact affects their decision to buy a guildmap.

I could not agree more. Was Radu awake during this conversation, did he even know what happened? Because in my humble opinion this goes against everything he has build up over the years. Second thing I am wondering about is the rights of the people who already purchased.