Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cabman

Dung rat event

WeaverDAS said in a moment of pure brilliance:

[weaverdas @ 6]: I just thought of something. Instead of a rat being pulled from an outhouse, what if the event spawned some kind of mob or mobs in the dung portal room?

What if that mob were an invisible rat? The reward is enough to get people to search and it would take Dung Transporters and TS esses out of the game. I also can't see a way you could camp the outhouse room with TS up all the time and make it profitable. Not only that, it would lend some "confusion" to #il and add an air of unpredictability.

I really like this idea. Thoughts.

I've always thought that it should be a giant rat or some such pulled out. Nothing really deadly, just something fun.

That's what I want too and said several times.

A rat as big as a lion or perhaps a boar with some K's of health so it aint killed too fast and not too strong so it will kill you as soon as it spawns like the mare did :P

Thinking about the suggestion here again got me thinking, does the invasion metre tell you if the shy rat is on a map or not?

If it Doesn't show it might be a bit too hard to find if it can use any of the TPs in the DTPR..

Edit: can't quote even if my life depended on it.. And cut paste doesn't work either :P did try to quote Aquila though but the board failed.

Edited by Entris

Go to the bottom of the page and change the theme to IP board. You can use quote like it used to be. :)

Already done that due to loads of other issues that is gone now (afaik) but the quote problem still exists no matter which theme I use, seems to fallow me lol

I'd like to see a rat like from Princess Bride ..... "Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist."

I like the idea of forcing a dung portal invasion instead of a rat. Would be great addition imo. I do have to ask though, would the invades be able to spread or would they be restricted to dung portals room?

They spread, right now dung portals works like any (walk-over) portals. Maybe in the future the outhouses will be clickable instead, then they would be restricted to the portal room.

Edited by Maxine
corrected typo :p

They spread, right now dung portals works like any (walk-over) portals. Maybe in the future the outhouses will be clockable instead, then they would be restricted to the portal room.

I like that idea. Thanks for answering my question :)