Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
saxum

Harvester Medallion broke without an event

I am used to Harvester Medallions breaking, sometimes after only being used for a few minutes, but always after an event.

In this case there was NO event - the only event occurred was breaking medallion.

You started to harvest Dung.
Your Harvester Medallion has been destroyed
Mother Nature decided to destroy Saxum's Harvester Medallion. Don't you love Mother Nature?
You stopped harvesting.
Oh and I'd bomb Mother Nature's temple if I could. I want there to be a God of Napalm.

The "you stopped harvesting" is (part of) a harvesting event. There's just no other effect, like damage, gold bags, or stone involved.

As it is a normal event, your medallion can break.

So not a bug, but a normal result of the possibility to have an 'empty' event.

I've got a similar "event" trashing my harvester medallion some while ago. I assumed that "you stopped harvesting" is an event in itself.

I've got a similar "event" trashing my harvester medallion some while ago. I assumed that "you stopped harvesting" is an event in itself.

You are correct, but unlike other events starting with "you", this is not a mini event but a regular event, which indeed can break the medallion. The break message precedes the stop message, but this is also true for non empty events that break the medallion.

Reminds me of work of a bug which a problem was described as 'it was designed that way' as if a design flaw is okay reason.

Auditor demanded a message so I added message 'Subcontractor XXX was too lazy to insert error message".
Auditor asked if I was sure that was message I wanted to put there and I asked if it met requirement. I was told it did and told auditor next time perhaps they will change the design next time.

Reminds me of work of a bug which a problem was described as 'it was designed that way' as if a design flaw is okay reason.

Auditor demanded a message so I added message 'Subcontractor XXX was too lazy to insert error message".

Auditor asked if I was sure that was message I wanted to put there and I asked if it met requirement. I was told it did and told auditor next time perhaps they will change the design next time.

:icon13:

:omg:

Lost my harmed to this "uneventful" event this day as well. Also, this one lasted only to THIS very event, which was FIRST on this medallion, really quality stuff :P

That occurred to me as well with no dung collected at all which makes it even more frustration.

I'd blame the mixer but it is me!

The "you stopped harvesting" is (part of) a harvesting event. There's just no other effect, like damage, gold bags, or stone involved.

As it is a normal event, your medallion can break.

So not a bug, but a normal result of the possibility to have an 'empty' event.

Not sure I'd describe it that way, afaik the breaking of a harvmed is a standalone event of itself, like any other regular harvevent.

Could be, I always understood it as:

if you wear a harv med, at every harvesting event there's a chance that it breaks.

I.e. you get an event, and only then is there a roll to see if the med breaks.

Again one of those things where only the developers can tell what's going on ;)

Right.

"You stopped harvesting." is also one of those random events. Just a plain, neutral, nothing-else-happens "You stopped harvesting."

It's one of the things that can happen like a cavern wall or a bee sting or finding a nexus stone. Just nothing happens other than you stop.

But it is an event in itself. Which in turn means you can have your harv med break on it.

There's no bug here. It's always been in the chances for a regular event.

(288 harv meds and counting...)

Edited by Burn