Eternal Lands Official Forums
Aislinn

Possible Invance Rehab?

Possible Invance Rehab?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Should the bonus experience be removed from invances?

• Yes, and allow players to wear whatever they want and participate as much as they want.
    • Yes, but keep the required gear rules AND participation rules.
    • No, leave invances as they are now.
  2. 2. If the bonus experience is removed, should there be an additional bonus per hit?

• Yes, 1.25 times current normal experience.
    • Yes, 1.5 times current normal experience.
    • Yes, 2 times current normal experience.
    • No, leave the critter per hit experience as it is now.
    • Does not apply as I voted to leave invances as they are now in question 1.
  3. 3. Should gatekeeper get an automatic bonus? (method to be determined)

• Yes, as long as only one person per invance does the job and can get the bonus. Otherwise it will be abused.
    • No, gatekeeper just stands or sits there and doesn't do much.
    • Yes, with no restrictions on how many people can be gatekeeper in any given invance.
    • Does not apply as I voted to leave invances as they are now in question 1.

... And: if the invance is lost players will loose the xp they would have gained when the invance was won

Brutal and very easy to abuse, but I think it would be interesting to have a penalty on losing.

I also would love to see invances run at random, maybe on average every 20 hrs, rather than always at the same time. Gives groups other than 120-200 a chance at a prime time invance.

Well I want to start off with 1 suggestion I really like.

Replacing the gate-keeper with an object/NPC is in my eyes a good idea, as in that way everyone gets the same amount of playing time in the invance (no one just needs to sit and wait for a mob). At the same time there is no instant failure anymore, as one could implement a message pop-up when that NPC is under attack, giving all invancers enough time to go back to the gate and help out there (NPC works as a buffer = no instant failure).

Having said that I want to explain my disagree on gear/nexus requirements as suggested here:

To make this clear, I'd really like to see a note added to the invance rules with a minimum nexus requirement per level. And why not, a check on entrance and at the end for that nexus.

I still don't understand why there are even those requirements, as for me the effort that got put in by a participant counts. So if someone can kill the mobs in augmented leather armor the same as someone in iron/steel/titanium armor, it is the same effort for me. So as long as there is no handicap for the team regarding the win/fail of the invance i don't see the necessity of limiting ones build by determining a minimum nexus or gear (i assumes we talk about human nexus).

Exaggerating this one also could say invancers need minimum magic level of 49 for failsafe restore and a minimum rationality level to even heal enough. If they can't and die and thus don't contribute to the teams effort they shouldn't be in that invance, but that shouldn't be measured on the build or gear.

I also have read some idea of checking gear before giving the XP bonus. Regarding that 1 scenario came into my mind. What happens if someone fights the whole time and his/her armor breaks just before the last few mobs are killed. Checking than the armor before distributing the XP bonus would be hard to that person as s/he would not gain it due to too low armor.

Maybe I should also state that so far i have only taken part in 4060 (haven't tried 6080 yet, as i don't know if gear requierments already apply there at the current situation) and can imagine that it makes sense to have better armor at higher invances. Again, what armor that has to be has to be decided by each person him/herself so that this person can contribute in the invance. If that person can't find/wear or doesn't want to use such an armor then the person shouldn't be allowed in that invance.

PS: with contributing I mean killing normal mobs solo and not the boss mobs which are meant to be done in a team. (This also implies that people who can easy kill the lower level mobs should leave them to others and focus themselves onto stronger mobs).

Hope I could contribute a bit to that discussion and as I have written at the beginning, I really would like to see the idea with replacing the gate-keeper be developed.

Kind Regards

MannyNZ

Edit:

I also would love to see invances run at random, maybe on average every 20 hrs, rather than always at the same time. Gives groups other than 120-200 a chance at a prime time invance.

Agreed. Diversity in time could lead to more fun. (If there aren't enough players invance will run out after time limit anyways).

Edited by MannyNZ

So why not make it a bit harder:

Limitate the players to perhaps 15.

I think, it's really nice idea, maybe even down to 10 players.

I like small-team invances much better than 50-players rush.