Eternal Lands Official Forums
BruSu

shape shifting into a dragon

hi:)

I would like to have more shape shifting posibilities then mule and phoenix

What would you think about a tiny little mixing dragon?

lets give him 10 levels to get from a red to a blue one - each after consumed 1k cf - 1 per minute

With every step he is able to mix 1 more item at one time: 1 Mix - 10 FEs in the highest level. Perhaps dragon should be able to cast restore what would make mixing with toadies easier because that would need a lot of food.I know this will make mixing low level stuff a bit more expensive but also a lot faster.

J

Two issues:

1) Mixing and spells (and trading) are off for shapeshifting. I believe radu mentioned not wanting shapeshifts to do these things. Dunno if that means that's how it's coded and would require major code rewriting to allow or not, but there's a possibility any shapeshifts will have to follow the same pattern.

2) The "dragon is mixing" aspect...

- a mule is regularly used to carry heavy loads. Thus the extreme emu is relevant.

- a phoenix fights like a bird, being mythological is more powerful than your average hawk or falcon. Thus its fighting skills and possibly respawning instead of dying is relevant.

I don't see how dragons and mixing work together.

I think radu also already had plans for (little) dragon shapeshifting and what they could do already. Though those seem to have gone by the wayside since phoenix never "took off" (primarily because it's way too expensive for what little it does, too much creature food combined with the relative rarity of the glyphs we thought would become makeable).

Not sure if the faster-mixing thing would even be allowed, but I'd picture it being more an "item" thing. What item I dunno, never considered it. But like the frying pan allows faster meat cooking...

I don't see why in a mythical world someone would shape shift into a dragon to mix faster.

But i like the idea of mixing faster. In fact there is an open(more like abandoned) thread about it. It would be really nice for some of us that have to mix a lot.

I don't see how dragons and mixing work together.

I don't see that particular aspext either, but I'm sure we could come up with a creature that would fit the mixing part better... say a wood sprite or imp or whatever tiny creature that (at least in some traditional fairy tales I know) help many a craftsman unseen or at night to get things done faster.

I think radu also already had plans for (little) dragon shapeshifting and what they could do already. Though those seem to have gone by the wayside since phoenix never "took off" (primarily because it's way too expensive for what little it does, too much creature food combined with the relative rarity of the glyphs we thought would become makeable).

I know of at least a few people in game who would immediately start "levelling their phoenix" as soon as the glyphs would become makable in game. They even have all the necessary CF already saved up (or at least part of that), despite its being twice as costly as levelling a mule. So the latter is not the issue I think, neither is the "little it does" - I think it's special enough the way it is :icon13:! IMHO there's no need at all to make it over-powered or even the slightest bit more powerful for it to be fun.

So to make the Phoenix "take off" I suggest to either lower the price of the glyphs from the shop or finally make them mixable - or even better: do both. So people could simply decide whether to spend $ or gc/in-game mixing efforts for them.

... just my spontaneous thoughts on the issue.

Would be more fun if you could shape shift into a dragon to acknowledge the creatures "natural" abilities.

Like dragons - a mythical magical creature that could give you more magic resistance perhaps an A/D and EMU benefit while shape shifted into it.

Wood Sprite/Brownies - are small and hard to hit so shape shifted into those could give you the MM perk and a chance to diss an attacker straight away when someone attacks you (You are small and hard to click on so the dissing would be a similar scenario)

Imps - small creatures so diss effect (less chance than he Sprites/Brownies) high heat resistance and while fighting has a chance to give "burn" damage

Something like that would be cool, instead of New creatures (would be awesome too ofc) use the ones already in the game and use them for a shape shifting skill. While shape shifted into a creature those creatures will not attack you if they are naturally aggressive so a "special creature MM function" and so on..

This board still doesn't like Me so I will not take any responsibility for any typos! :P