Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarkLordDiablo

Spell commands using alt+numbers

only spell that actually works is alt+1 the rest doesn't....

Did what Darrock told me to do is close client and delete my spells file and recreate spells list but nothing change..... but only way to work by mouse-clicking. :(

Could be a configuration issue.

The absolute first thing to do would be to back up your datafiles ('main' directory in the standard setup), as some cannot be recovered if you lose them (chat and quest logs notably, also counters).

Then: what system and keyboard/language configuration do you use? And do you get a character instead a spell effect with alt-2 and up?

I have a French keyboard ("azerty") under openSuse13.1 and with that I have no access to any spell short cuts (ctr shortcuts to use slots work though).

Edited by revi

Anyway, I got most of the shortcuts to work by adding the following to my key.ini

#K_SPELL1 = LALT &
#K_SPELL2 = LALT é
#K_SPELL3 = LALT "
#K_SPELL4 = LALT '
#K_SPELL5 = LALT  (
#K_SPELL6 = LALT -
#K_SPELL7 = LALT è
#K_SPELL8 = LALT _

(the character after the LALT is the base character of the key I want to use).

Even with this, K_SPELL2 and K_SPELL7 don't work as expected

notes:

- LMETA almost works, but I lose the "#" character (altgr-"), which is annoying

- I have the same issue with K_ITEMn: default doesn't work on AZERTY, and CTRL-é gives the "é", and does not use the item in slot 2.

Edited by revi

Hi all, it is possible that the client is not to blame.

IF using Mac OS X (at least up to snow leopard):

1) the OS captures some keystrokes which happen to be shortcuts. If you enable the shortcuts, the EL client never receives it. This happens for many key combinations, check the keyboard preferences.

2) UNDOCUMENTED FEATURE == BUG ; changing the number of screens via the Spaces preference also resets to enabled the hotkeys for the space selection, and those hotkeys are exactly alt+ number.

So here is the bug: add more spaces, e.g. up to 4, and you'll find that alt+2,3,4 are trapped by the OS; change to 8 spaces, and you loose alt+2 ... alt+8.

If that is the case, you need to go to the keyboard prefs and disable those shorcuts again (everytime you enable additional spaces). You may find more useful to leave the alt+ arrows shortcuts enabled, if you don't need them for EL.

Hope this helps

xam