Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RiyaadhABR

secrets

how about creating new secrets, that would stay secret. Eg a secret lib that makes reading faster when there are less people inside, the more people, the slower everyone researches. If sombody found that, he would want to keep the secret to himself, and not post it on some forum for everyone to see.

The certain forum with a bunch of secrets on it is actually still missing quite a few. And I ain't telling. ;-) Some of those I doubt more than a handful of currently active players are aware of.

So even if you know those on "that forum", you won't know all of them.

New secrets would require a new client update to update .elm map files with new areas that would have to be created by someone. There is a suggestion in the programming forum now to consider putting out a new release, but I don't know if anyone is available to build new stuff in maps that will then need to be converted later for the (one-of-these-days-coming) OpenGL2 client. If there is a new client soon, new map additions will likely be minimal if any at all (I'm not a programmer so that's not an official answer, just guessing).

Not dismissing the suggestion, just considering the current client state.

You can search for all the guild maps. Those are secret and the owners try as much as possible to keep them secret:). Plus, some of them can offer some benefit.

New secrets would require a new client update to update .elm map files with new areas that would have to be created by someone..

Not necessarily. There are areas on maps that are no longer accessible (for example, the other cave on the DP coal cave map (unless this is one of the really secret secrets to which you were referring earlier)). These could be used.

New secrets would require a new client update to update .elm map files with new areas that would have to be created by someone..

Not necessarily. There are areas on maps that are no longer accessible (for example, the other cave on the DP coal cave map (unless this is one of the really secret secrets to which you were referring earlier)). These could be used.

That's still accessible.

That's still accessible.

And not even a very hidden entrance as i see it, I think i know many many secrets, quite a few that are not on the forums, and yet now and then i find a new one that i did not know about.

i bet you wouldnt mind telling your friend or guildie about a secret, eg best place to harv iron. because there is nothing to lose. But what if there was benefits, like harving faster when u are alone. You would try to keep that secret harvesting spot to yourself if you havested slower when there is more people.

actually there is a benifit of keeping secrets secrets, in the past there where quite a few secrets, where the benefit of it got removed as it started to get a to popular spot for steel and iron bar making and so on. some Secrets stuff where removed by altering other things, like making tele to range in not magic area impossible (because people used the bug to tele into arena) or the shortening of the tele to range spell (as it was possible to shortcut hydro run) when the secrets ways became to common knowledge. Of course the last 2 examples where playing with unindented stuff (radu called them bugs) but for all purposes they where withhing the scope of skilled playing with secrets.and until called a bug something not everyone could have seen as bug. Anyway there is a good thing, not to tell everyone about the PV entrance to Zirakgunda. (its hidden not secret but one example)

Edited by vinoveritas

There are enough incentives for exacerbating personal or (elite) ingroup greed, i doubt EL would need more.

There are lots of secrets I am still looking for and I think I am pretty versed in secrets.

There are also a lot of secrets in updates people do not know about but when they find out are pretty unhappy about like reduced drops which seem to occur every release and drop rates are certainly secrets.

I think secrets should be added to each release - little ones and big ones - both for players who like secrets and for those who like to code secrets.

I have idea for a new secret - secret way to kill Elevy and get my scythe back from the thief!