Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DeadlyTears

Raise attribute caps to 52. Vote now!

Raise Attribute Cap to 52.  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to raise the attributes to 52?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Maybe. (Explain below)

I don't understand the reasoning for a 52 cap. Yea, maybe ok for 64 cap, but 52 isn't an optimal value. Nevertheless, i see no point in increasing attributes to more than 48 with the current OA cap.

I vote no, few people have hit all 48s and they just did it to say that they can, there accounts don't even play anymore... if anything make a quest that takes a long time to do that gives you effects of having more atribs (much like has already been done).

Then vote maybe and post you want oa cap raised, that's the reason for the 3rd option. To the people voting no because they want uncapped outright we initially asked for removal of the caps but at this current time a raise to 52 is all radu was willing to offer.

being that i am maxed out in all levels, skills and attributes, it is currently the only way that i will be able to further advance in eternal lands. i have the malaise that comes of reaching the pinnacle with nothing left to do.

I am far from maxing out on all skills and levels, but today or tomorrow I'll max in the thing that interest me (48 rationality). Further advancing my magic would be solely from lvling up, and honestly it's not really worth it without more rat to back it up. Invested a lot to get here (max rat, 53 magic) but honestly not worth spending months and months online for little if any improvement from here on, and still not able to make a living without fighting or harving.

I don’t understand it. AFAIK Radek didn’t say he will make monsters stronger, so why crying? Now he is offering you a possibility to make your character bit stronger, have another goal/reason to play, without any penalties (you don’t invest PP to raise above 48, you don’t feel any difference) and a lot of you start whining! WHY?!?!

You will get opportunity, it is not a must to raise attributes to 52, damn it!

So please, if you say NO, then give me a reasonable explanation, reasonable, not the kind of "because I just maxed my P/C and now it won't be maxed!!!111!".

I voted no for a variety of reasons:

1. The system is flawed, increasing caps doesn't remove the flaw, it will only magnify it

2. Top level gold farming is already to easy, hurts the economy (except for gc seller's wallet) and increasing or eliminating caps will only exacerbate the problem

3. If you're trying to improve the attr system fix it, don't try to polish a turd. I suggest the following:

a. remove primary attributes

b. use pp's to directly choose xattr's

c. create an emu xattr

d. create a hp xattr

d. remove emu and hp attr from might, coord, and will

e. uncap x attr's

f. increase pps from 1 per oa to something around 2.25 per oa

g. have fun

4. If you want to discuss something important to the game, discuss removal of mini events or a perk where you can trade the extra gc and xp from the mini events for relief from the mini event harv stoppage

go go go discuss.

edit: xattr=cross attributes (for lelugo)

Edited by D34DLY

1. The system is flawed, increasing caps doesn't remove the flaw, it will only magnify it

2. Top level gold farming is already to easy, hurts the economy (except for gc seller's wallet) and increasing or eliminating caps will only exacerbate the problem

3. If you're trying to improve the attr system fix it, don't try to polish a turd. I suggest the following:

c. create an emu xattr

d. create a hp xattr

e. uncap x attr's

g. have fun

4. If you want to discuss something important to the game, discuss removal of mini events or a perk where you can trade the extra gc and xp from the mini events for relief from the mini event harv stoppage

go go go discuss.

I also support this and would vote yes for it.

Well, originally voted yes as I have reached the limit of developing my magic. What D43DLY proposes sounds much better, being able to develop your char according to what you really like, not having to invest pps in something that you only partially use. However, I see little chance of something that revolutionary being implemented, my last rage quit was over the discussion to revamp magic several years ago, that led to close to nothing. So I vote for D34DLY's proposal, but until there's at least discussion about this, I'll stick to my "at least let me improve my magic" yes vote.

Dam, i wish my guildies all said yes, like some of the guilds that all said No :bangwall:

I agree with all deadly said, well mainly E, F, and G. Though if someone really wanted it all, just delete this topic and make one that addresses all issues. Regardless not everyone will be happy.

Tbh, to be honest i would HATE to see the Attribute cap get raised only because pickpoints are a pain to get, it cost like 1.7m for a pickpoint, so yes deadly gold sellers/buyers will take advantage of that. Even though i hate it, [Only because i so poor, free items please :)] i still voted YES. Why?

Because if this gets implented why shouldn't OA cap be rasied? I mean There are like 20 players who are 179 overall, and only 4 of them play constantly. And 2 of them just farm gold, to get more pickpoints, and sell Gc. I voted YES, because this is like a baby step, if this works out maybe the cap will get rasied higher, or even have no cap. Once people reach max attributes and overall like some players, they will just be pro smart ass's :P Or just inactive like Muffo. (Him and Luci Probably bought most fun to game, and ofcourse someones pocket :P) I voted YES... because i want change. I don't want it for myself, i want it for the greater good.

If this happens none is forcing someone to get there attributes to 52. I mean im sure lower levels are fine with 800 emu harvesting instead of like 1.2k. Im sure all them invancers hate having to waste 200 gold on a MM ring and going back to just to grab 100 Hes.. I mean that's 12 clicks extra, it don't feel like alot, but go harvest gypsum only like 25 clicks, easy no problem arthritis at the age of 25, not 60.

I mean only downside of this is Radu will have to sell like 500 attribute removals, to like 150 players which is alot of trading, so its time consuming... and im probably going to have and beg Stivy to share the red spawn so i can get some attribute removals, but i doubt he'd do that, he likes getting 5m a week easy. But.. i don't care. I VOTED YES, for a better tommorow, for more fun, more diversity.

Vote YES for a greater tommorow! Im Obama, and i Approve this message!

Meh.. the above is just my opinion i felt the need that someone should explain why you should vote, and why it should be YES, or no (Expect for the Luci/Muffo thing, i never played then, what i was told) :D

Edited by ISnipe

Simple NO - not just cos of Oa cap but as well cos some of us dont have the Motivation of running like mad as others to buy our att .. i preffer to take the road as it Comes and makes it much more fun for me. And if this isnt enough reason to some , their Problem... :whistle:

I think those who would get most advantage are those who are causing some of the rapid inflation in the game making many items in this game unprofitable to make ruining ability to attract new players but is a reason for creation of multiple alts.

Spend time elsewhere in game fixing other issues first like partially implemented quests.

c. create an emu xattr

d. create a hp xattr

e. uncap x attr's

g. have fun

go go go discuss.

This idea is 10x better. I will make a poll and a topic about it later

Well, I would vote for both - increase attributes to 52 at least, and for increase overall cap.

PS. To dudes who voted "No, unless increase OA caps" - while doing that you'll lose both :(