Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SenZon

Raising caps to 52. Radu is willing, are you?

I've been talking to radu tonight about a few things that have to do with attribute caps. I know 52 isn't such a big difference, but it'd change the builds of some people right now, which would change things up a bit. I think it'd be fun to mess around with builds, and test things out. Please post your thoughts here and tell me what you think. We need 60% of the community to vote yes, I will make a poll after this. Hopefully we get good replies.

-Jay

why make it so those who only do 140s~ invasions and not even capped in anything besides 2-3 attributes mess around? if you aren't even close to maxing attributes how would it be any different then now? sure you could harm more or you could dodge/hit more... pots already do that though.

- soLo

The game is different now than it was in the past when caps were added. One of the biggest reasons is that restore is no longer full health (requires magic+rationality to increase now). If caps were completely removed instantly and people went to their old builds, they would actually be worse than they are now.

In example, consider LuciferX's build from before caps:

http://s173.photobucket.com/user/ln2sales/media/before_caps.jpg.html

This build has high coordination so it will hit/dodge and do a ton of damage when it does. However, it has almost no rationality, with a maximum restore of 226 and a mana pool of 80. This char would not be able to tank any creature that has mirror skin...it would die to its own mirrors or run out of mana very quickly and have to use a diss ring very quickly. In pk, this character does not have high health so it can be killed easily with bombs or harm.

So basically what I'm saying is, if caps were removed, people would still need to think through their builds now...the all coordination build is archaic and would not be as OP as it used to be. So, personally I'm for the change.

@luke12

why make it so those who only do 140s~ invasions and not even capped in anything besides 2-3 attributes mess around? if you aren't even close to maxing attributes how would it be any different then now? sure you could harm more or you could dodge/hit more... pots already do that though.

- soLo

People who don't have capped attributes are the ones who actually have to think through their builds. People who have bought enough pp to max their attributes now will probably be able to max attributes whenever caps are raised. What's more important is making it possible for people to be creative and experiment to find what works best for them..not to have everyone be the same (like they are now).

-RM

The game is different now than it was in the past when caps were added. One of the biggest reasons is that restore is no longer full health (requires magic+rationality to increase now). If caps were completely removed instantly and people went to their old builds, they would actually be worse than they are now.

http://s173.photobuc...e_caps.jpg.html

This build has high coordination so it will hit/dodge and do a ton of damage when it does. However, it has almost no rationality, with a maximum restore of 226 and a mana pool of 80. This char would not be able to tank any creature that has mirror skin...it would die to its own mirrors or run out of mana very quickly and have to use a diss ring very quickly. In pk, this character does not have high health so it can be killed easily with bombs or harm.

So basically what I'm saying is, if caps were removed, people would still need to think through their builds now...the all coordination build is archaic and would not be as OP as it used to be. So, personally I'm for the change.

@luke12

- soLo

People who don't have capped attributes are the ones who actually have to think through their builds. People who have bought enough pp to max their attributes now will probably be able to max attributes whenever caps are raised. What's more important is making it possible for people to be creative and experiment to find what works best for them..not to have everyone be the same (like they are now).

-RM

Just a clarification, restore was not calc'd before caps. Restore did all of your health, regardless of level/attributes. So I could restore from 5 health to 2000 with one restore and only have 21 magic.

http://s173.photobuc...e_caps.jpg.html

@luke12

- soLo

-RM

RM has pretty much summed up most of what I wanted to convey in my post. I believe this change would be just a baby step to what could be so much more.

I believe the game has progressed to a point where caps aren't even needed anymore, there's been soo much progression with implemented mobs (which require strategy to kill, not just tank and spank) and skills and items that influence other types of gameplay which would be benefited ever so slightly even by a +4 increase.

I would vote in favour, because I could use my next 8 pickpoints to get +4 physique and coordination, which would make me a bit stronger against monsters and give me more carry capacity, which would be nice. But I expect that all other players will do the same, so I don't understand how this would change the game in any serious way.

I disagree with the idea that the OA cap should be raised - it creates more diversity among players if we have a scarcity of pickpoints and an abundance of ways to use them.

Also, it would be nice to use the 1000 button when buying items from the NPC. :D

I agree with raising the caps, but I would like to see the oa cap raised as well. It would help retain people who have maxed their oa. Add some new high level items for skills, new higher level monsters for fighters and some higher level spells for magic (a reason to level beyond 49). It would be a win for all of us.

Just a clarification, restore was not calc'd before caps. Restore did all of your health, regardless of level/attributes. So I could restore from 5 health to 2000 with one restore and only have 21 magic.

Wasn't restore 300 HP earlier, not all your health? I'm not sure tho, but that's how I remember it.

Sounds like a great idea for mixers we would have higher emu for when we harvest and health bars being higher would be nice for poison mixing and ebul mother nature..

now for fighters..

1. will monsters be made stronger to compensate? and what affect would that have on lower level players, invances, etc... Some players will re-cap right away.. many will take a year.

2. Will there be any +damage compensation done to make pk *sigh* not take so damn long? silly me... but i remember a time when the average player could kill someone with a thermal.....AND IT WAS FUN! and because it was fun LOTS of PEOPLE PK'd

for the higher level fighters who play, our Mana bars are super big (and higher health) make pk take forever as it is to get a kill. Because Capped we all hit like shit on each other 2 people hit each other barely doing damage as it is and our mana bars and health bars are so high we just heal over and over... basically 2 people just smack the hell out of each other back and forth until one guy is low on he/sr and diss/tele's. Will there be any +damage compensation done to make pk *sigh* not take so damn long? maybe the guy thats 10 or 15 a/d levels higher than his victim should actually be able to kill him with a 90$ shop sword? Uncapped every level made a difference because u not only had a/d but p/c from every OA u got... - The competitiveness and worthwhile of leveling up was destroyed with caps and never compensated for in the combat code. The 3 stooges game sucks and thats why i never waste my time Pking... And even as weird as I am, im probably not the only one who feels this way ;)

Even higher mana + health bars will make this worse.. but I guess atleast players would have more emu to carry more he/sr to waste in a KF map where even if u did kill someone they dont lose a rosto.

LuciferX

Edited by LuciferX

I voted yes.

Today I was thinking about where to put future pp. There are only 179 available right? Plus nexus points from hydro bars and negetive perk points.

I am pretty much exclusively a mixer so I would like more EMU (p & c) and all the nexus at max.

NO. This would not improve game in any way. Same bullshit like cape of no mirroring. I think we should let Radu spend time on implementing something more constructive than tweaking the game for RM.

NO. This would not improve game in any way. Same bullshit like cape of no mirroring. I think we should let Radu spend time on implementing something more constructive than tweaking the game for RM.

This comment makes me think some voted no on these ideas because they think it would benefit the suggeater in some super special way. I encourage you to reread my posts and think about what I said.

'm not convinced I would change any attributes on Rabbitman if this change was made...I have carefully thought through every pp I have allocated on RM, and moving any of them may hurt more than help.

I vote for raising attributes. This will help harvesters and manufacturers to increase capacity and capabilities.

If you increase all attributes is unfavorable, may introduce a perk that will allow an increase of two attributes with +4 points?

Name perk: Two rocks :)

changed my vote to NO. I think OA and attributes should have no cap at all!!!!

No cap on attributes might be interesting. But I do believe that buying additional levels in *each* attribute should become increasingly expensive in the same way that getting an additional level gets increasingly expensive. For instance raising an attribute by one could cost one PP more than the previous one cost. And everyone would get like 10 (or 15) PP per level gained.

It would have the additional advantage that strength does not increase linearily with OA levels.

elke could agree to that if getting pp would not be so extreme difficult the higher you are, me with my oa of 161 need almost 43 Million XP to get OA 162 and i am far from having all my build with the existing attributes as i want them, and i bought lots of my nexuses with hydro bars.