Eternal Lands Official Forums
The_Piper

Get rid of rule #5?

The game needs more than just rule 5 being revoked. It needs time and thought and effort and discussion about what the fundamental problems are. Then it needs solutions to those problems. Then it needs not only someone to who is able/willing to implement them, it needs a player base who doesn't think every single change is the end of the world. The hemorrhaging of players isn't going to be fixed or even stemmed by any one change.

I honestly believe that taking away rule 5 wouldn't ruin the game. There are many games out there that have no rule against multi and many of those games thrive, even pulling in mass amounts of revenue from happy players.

In a game where people are leaving faster then they come in, maybe it's time to try something new to attract new and older players.

The game needs more than just rule 5 being revoked. It needs time and thought and effort and discussion about what the fundamental problems are. Then it needs solutions to those problems. Then it needs not only someone to who is able/willing to implement them, it needs a player base who doesn't think every single change is the end of the world. The hemorrhaging of players isn't going to be fixed or even stemmed by any one change.

^This

For me it's good idea to remove Rule 5. I think ppl will create harvesting alts for start, but than get bored and change them for DPa chars. Also about other thing- it will help economy, not ruin it. More alts with non-combat skills = more items on market = prizes go down. So ppl will use more cols/armors/sword and no afraid it break. And then- no point to sell gc on blackmarkt- u spend them in game for cheaper items.

I like the idea. Taking away rule 5 would be a little helpful. And why can't we just make it so any one main account can only have 1 alt account? So we can't just have "Raz_arrows, Raz_Pofs, etc" ? Maybe we can think of a way to make this happen. Flag a character as your main, Flag your other character as your alt. And if blackmarket is illegal, then buying and selling chars would just be banned, so this "main" and "alt" thing would seem, at first glace, pretty useful,

Ever thought of the % of the chance of finding an empty spawn after it would have been removed (if ) and all players have a few more alts running around? Of course it can be compensated by adding spawns, but even that can only be done to a certain extend.

Ever thought of the % of the chance of finding an empty spawn after it would have been removed (if ) and all players have a few more alts running around? Of course it can be compensated by adding spawns, but even that can only be done to a certain extend.

Or difficulty in getting a spot at storage/dung/etc?

Removing rule #5 is a lot more than letting some get around rule they are already getting around thru friends and other mechanisms.

I could not agree more with Aislinn. In fact, I think that that multi-char trading could drive down prices over time. The alts would feed the main therefore the main would not need to go on to the markets as often. Less market demand should lead to lower prices.