Eternal Lands Official Forums
Kabat

Membership. What would you pay for?

So, we had a discussion at ch6 about possibility of making a membership in EL, for a fee of course. And there were a couple of ideas of advantages that will come with such membership, some ppl said it would be good to have some exp bonus, others wanted increased drop rate. There were some other ideas too, like no mini events, and a new skill.

I have some idea about new skill, which is bounded with pets. The proposition is to make a new skill called Taming. With this skill you can try to tame a creature in game, to follow you, to be trained by you anto have special abilities etc. The higher the skill, the more dangerous monsters you can tame, for example at lvl 5 you can only tame rabbits/beavers, then at 30 you can tame armed gobs, and later acw.

I think we should finish at Yeti :P

About the pet special abilities.. Well I have a couple ideas for it. It can fight with you, it can have some emu to carry things with you, heal itself or can be also used to fight in tournaments.

The idea needs a lot of work and tweaking, we have to discuss a lot of matters, but I think its better then just exp bonus or no mini events.

Khamul

This seems to me to be more then 1 idea... I like both the ideas but not together... For the membership idea I think it would be nice to limit everyone to 1 free account and then charge a fee for alts... If you do this I would also say get rid of rule 5... For other membership ideas I like the idea of a small increases in xp or increase in rair drops or breaks or small tweaks to what is already ingame...

For the tame idea I think that would be a great new thing to lvl but not stop at any creature... And just make it so the creature will fallow you around and attack what ever you are fighting... Now the idea of emu, you can make it so the tamed creature picks up all that it can from any bags it sees around you and it can fallow you to storage and you can kill it and it drops what it picks up... Downside to this is anyone can kill your creature and take your drops... This is a good thing to keep in mind, with every awesome idea we need a downside and this is a good one

Increase storage space, 1 p2p char, discounts for bot fees and shop prices. Maybe maps only people with a membership can visit. Items only usable by members. I made a joke of this one in game, cloak of many colors. FR, excavator, power saving and MM rolled into one.

On sign up, you'd get 1 rosto, 1 haidir pass and a cool down pass.

Taming would be like pets in other games. Summoning, but the creature never dies unless killed in combat. I think you'd need to feed it CF to keep it going. This would be a gc sink.

EXP bonuses would be bad because of the cap. You would be pushing people up to the cap faster and faster. I am seeing old friends leave because they are getting bored from maxed out skills.

Edited by Aquila

EXP bonuses would be bad because of the cap. You would be pushing people up to the cap faster and faster. I am seeing old friends leave because they are getting bored from maxed out skills.

Uhhh? I quess it took about 6-8 years until first person reached cap even in OA level. I don't think anyone has reached it in any other skill yet. Not to talk about average players, it would take 150 years to reach the cap even with small exp bonuses.

I think Aq's comment on 'maxed out skills' is that most of the skills aren't really worth the effort except for braggin' rights after a certain point, and that 'certain point' isn't really all that high in some of the skills. Getting even 50-60 short of the cap is pointless in anything but combat. Still a long way to go for me personally, but there are plenty of folks who are there.

Z

I wouldnt name it membership, because that implies, that you must be a member to play, somthing like Supporter would make more sense for me.

And yes, give those supporters something nice, the idea of a taming skill is nice.

I would define a taming skill like this:

o You can tame only animals, not creatures like gobs, orcs or yetis and such

o Tamed pets will follow you and follow some commands like "come", "beam", "go to storage"

o Pets could have a mule feature, so they can run some stuff for you to/from storage. Like, a tamed rabbit, well, some flowers, 1-2 fruits...

o Tamed pets can be attacked by raptors like fox, wolf, puma, bear. When they die, you can resurrect them by going to an NPC and pay a random fee, some gc, some bottles of wine, some jewellery, some magic items, to get your pet back.

o Pets can be agressive like summoned creatures or not, depending which command you give them.

A supporter might be able to wear special items, like a rucksack, which increases your slots in your inventory and your EMU.

A supporter might get a unique badge "supporter of EL"

A supporter might get a color change stone for free, when s/he pays a fee every year.

A supporter might buy a ticket for the lottery for 50% of the usual price.

If a supporter donates stuff for GWIS, this stuff counts double.

A supporter has access to some special teleport spots which teleport him to some nice areas, maybe from C1 to C2, for free. for example from Whitestone to Hulda or such.

Well, some thoughts :)

Piper

A supporter has access to some special teleport spots which teleport him to some nice areas, maybe from C1 to C2, for free. for example from Whitestone to Hulda or such.

Lol, thanks for the support money, prepare to die.

Lol, thanks for the support money, prepare to die.

Just make Hulda non PK for supporters.....

Uhhh? I quess it took about 6-8 years until first person reached cap even in OA level. I don't think anyone has reached it in any other skill yet. Not to talk about average players, it would take 150 years to reach the cap even with small exp bonuses.

let me clarify my statement, other than fighting or writing books, leveling any skill to around 100 maxes out just about all you can do with it. Everything stops being a challenge and gets to be the same ol'.

let me clarify my statement, other than fighting or writing books, leveling any skill to around 100 maxes out just about all you can do with it. Everything stops being a challenge and gets to be the same ol'.

Yep I agree with this, sorry for misunderstanding.

People have asked for homes. Supporters could get homes where they were auto fed and collect action points when not on-line so they do not need to stay on-line. One per player, no alts please.

I wouldnt name it membership, because that implies, that you must be a member to play, somthing like Supporter would make more sense for me.

And yes, give those supporters something nice, the idea of a taming skill is nice.

I would define a taming skill like this:

o You can tame only animals, not creatures like gobs, orcs or yetis and such

o Tamed pets will follow you and follow some commands like "come", "beam", "go to storage"

o Pets could have a mule feature, so they can run some stuff for you to/from storage. Like, a tamed rabbit, well, some flowers, 1-2 fruits...

o Tamed pets can be attacked by raptors like fox, wolf, puma, bear. When they die, you can resurrect them by going to an NPC and pay a random fee, some gc, some bottles of wine, some jewellery, some magic items, to get your pet back.

o Pets can be agressive like summoned creatures or not, depending which command you give them;

Pets sound like the ants able to be rented.

Taming should be a skill - as you get better you can tame tougher animals (I agree no monsters). Should be heavily charm based. Difference between summoning and taming is summoned creatures can appear but tamed creatures can flee when scared and need to follow you map to map. They can be healed via remote heal or heal ally spells.

Carrying is tougher - more EMU for instances as example. Already we have mules and changes to carrying should be raising mule levels. Having a bag which can carry additional non-stackable items would be different. You would need to take off item, place on ground and open it. Bag on ground can be lost to attackers, grues, or just damn bags popping even when you put something in and out in last 5 minutes.

Edited by saxum

umm

Yeah, thats very intelligent and helpful answer. Moreover, it brings a new light on the topic of supporting the game. Thank you for your response Busterblader.