Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
littlebro2

Invance achievements

I like the idea that achievements can be "cashed in" to receive some other benefit. Along this line, I would like to suggest another way to get achievements using the Invances.

Some ideas are:

+Won 20 invances (Name of Achievement: Invancer)

+Killed rat in invance 20 times (Rat Killer)

+Killed greatest amount of monsters in single invance (Pr0 Invancer - Is calculated at end of *successful* invance and broadcasted on invance channel)

+Won invance with team of less than 10 people. (Guerilla)

+Gatekeeper 10 times (GateKeeper) (hard to report on, but how about something where the invance does a check some number of times during the invance for playername who is standing on space x. At the end of a *successful* Invance, the player is determined, awarded and broadcasted in invance channel)

+Died 5 or more times in single Invance (Sacrificer - calculated at end of invance and broadcasted on invance channel)

Some of these things might be difficult to implement, but just like anything else, with great risk comes great rewards. :)

Mostly, just like to see some more achievements in game and trying to use Invances to do it.

Edited by littlebro2

I think Gatekeeper achievement may result in opposite - poorer gatekeeper play. Some gate keepers do not want to move from the spot telling players to TTR over gate and others may do the same to get achievement. This wastes mana and resources but some say it is necessary to protect gate. I put a bag behind gate and ask players to not stand on it so I can move to alternate spot without pesky mouse bug and then select bag at gate to get back and face correct direction.