Eternal Lands Official Forums
saxum

Be able to get status of your quest from NPCs

I like how Redeermer tells you current state of what you need for quest and it would be nice if other NPCs can do the same - i.e. Vixen would tell you that you still need to break Used Titanium Plate Mail, etc, Gerund will tell you that you need to break Dragon Blade, etc. Chat log is kept on client side and many times it is not correct due to a number of factors including multiple computers and corrupted logs.

I would like this very much. Considering I am still on iron armor for that quest and I started it the same day it came out, 2 computers ago, I have no good idea what I still need to break :P

:icon13:

This should be available long time ago, even for dailies (How many mobs left can be told by daily NPC). It would be also nice if quest log can provide that status (last info from NPC).

Since at the moment it is useless (or I don’t know how to use it). Mostly I need to write down in notes what I have to do.

Is it so hard to do it? At least the quest log!

Why not a new NPC Informeer, s/he has a list of all the quests, you say "yea I want that one" s/he tells you what you are lacking and who to talk to. Maybe it could be programed to put the information into your quest log. Less programming, since you only need to make 1 npc, not change all the others. You only need to do this for stuff that doesn't log.

Edited by Aquila

Why not a new NPC Informeer, s/he has a list of all the quests, you say "yea I want that one" s/he tells you what you are lacking and who to talk to. Maybe it could be programed to put the information into your quest log. Less programming, since you only need to make 1 npc, not change all the others. You only need to do this for stuff that doesn't log.

sounds great - and add to it progress to achievements..

Chat log is kept on client side and many times it is not correct due to a number of factors including multiple computers and corrupted logs.

Now I know why I can't 'use' quest-log. Recently I changed PC so I have fresh EL instance with empty quest-log.

I would really love to have this idea implemented. Single NPC is a great idea (make it a hooded agent who can provide you with info even for a small GC fee), otherwise I have to run to all NPCs again, just to check what is my current status.

Walking to each NPC that starts a quest to check the progress or have one NPC that can tell you your progress on the quests you are doing atm would be nice. Knowing how much more you need to get an achievement would be very nice too.

Why not a new NPC Informeer, s/he has a list of all the quests, you say "yea I want that one" s/he tells you what you are lacking and who to talk to.

There's a LOT of quests. That would a messy NPC menu to go through

Why not a new NPC Informeer, s/he has a list of all the quests, you say "yea I want that one" s/he tells you what you are lacking and who to talk to.

There's a LOT of quests. That would a messy NPC menu to go through

Good point, but you can eliminate the daily ones, they will tell you who you need to see. Mainly I think it would be used for quests that don't keep track in the log. Most of the quests you can look back in the log and check. It could be programmed to show only those quests you have started. I wanted to keep it as easy as possible for the programers.