Sign in to follow this  
bkc56

Redeemer perk: Old School Harvester

Requirements:

Herbalist rank 3

Miner rank 3

Mother Nature hates me rank 3

50 Xaquelina Missions

(if the above is viewed as not enough, add:)

Lucky Finder rank 3

Prerequisite:

Harvest level 100

Reward:

No harvesting mini-events (no change to regular harvesting events)

Optional (as radu sees fit):

It could nullify the penalty of Dedicated Harvester, or exclude that perk (making Old-School mutually exclusive with Dedicated (one or the other, not both)).

Comments:

I suspect there aren't a lot of gc farmers at the level of harvest 100, so there's little need for them to be burdened with mini-events. The lack of mini-events is also one of the best things about the PK server (and not the reason for it's demise). And if you like the gc/exp of mini-events, don't get the perk.

(Personally, I think a gradual reduction in mini-events should simply be a benefit for reaching harvest 100 and above since there are few (if any) other advantages for such levels. But that would be a different discussion.)

I would instead give no-minis to either

1) everyone

2) as a reward to people who finished all the tutorials (manu, potions, crafting, harvesting, etc..).

3) as a reward for people who have 6 skills (other than harvesting and overall) at 100+.

Edited by hussam

hussam, i guess that because u have 6 skills 100+ ye?

No, I don't have 6 skills 100+ other than harvesting and overall.

But the rationale is excluding harvesting from the formula makes sure that the people who get rewarded are not harvesting alts.

Edited by hussam

But the rationale is excluding harvesting from the formula makes sure that the people who get rewarded are not harvesting alts.

But that sets the bar too high for "normal" people. Do you really think there are that many harvesting alts with harvest level 100+ for this to be a problem? What about harvest 110? 120? There's some appropriate harvest skill specific threshold that could be set that would provide reasonable assurance only real players achieved the perk without making it so difficult that virtually no one could reach it.

I would hate mini events removed, they give me 5k-6k or more extra gold each day.

They dont break Harvester meds. the Mother nature events do.

I took the Dedicated Harvester because it give more mini events but I have not finished the Child of Stars and am not sure I wil because of more Mother nature eventsl.

A better reward for me would be to remove some of the bad Mother nature events, like tele nexus after level 100.

They break many Harvest meds.

If mini events were removed should it be a perk so people could take it if they like.

I like the idea of this perk, but think 50 Xaquelina missions would be too few.

Make sure you wear anough radiation protection (6) to get rid of radon pouches, that is at least one MN event less.