Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

Addict

Hey how about a new pos perk that costs around 6 PP that gives you speed hex when your food is pos without drinking the potion, it will work just like the potion does cut off at 0 food insted of -30 but cut back on at 1+ food lvl... maybe make it turn on and off with #speed

Why "Addict" as Subject ?

IMO I think speed hax should stay a "rare" privilege in EL. SH-Pots are not rare and easy to do for most pro-potter...

As a 24/7 speed haxer, I see no value in this.

All this does is eliminate the need for the potion. Any haxer will tell you the food is the real cost.

If I didn't intentionally stop my hax on occasion for things like shapeshifting, I could easily run for months on a single potion. Anyone who tries 24/7 haxing will soon enough be able to do the same.

End result: 6 pickpoints spent on something that will cost you maybe 400gc here and there.

Hax isn't really rare as it is. Anyone can grab a 400gc potion off a bot and speed away, once they get the hang of handling the food. The real issue is the food itself.

(Even changing the food for the perk, I'd stick to being haxed using potions. Unless it eliminated food usage completely, something I seriously doubt would be acceptable, it's not worth that many pp's.)

Oh, and radu has actually stated before that he doesn't want everyone running around. That's why it's "possible" (I and a couple others do it) but costly and requires a lot of attention to keep the food up--- Intentionally to avoid that situation.

Edited by Burn

I have used speed hax in invances and can spend the entire invamce speed haxed on one pot, with a little thought it it veryy easy.

Probably a better suggestion is to take away the weight thing(with a full inv you use more food) but 6PPs is too much...

Imo a better perk would be less food used per step while haxing ...or could even be integrated in with the already existing power saving perk. But I'm not sure it really needs a change tbh.

I agree with ROKK and Burn, i tried continous speedhaxing for a couple days. The food is the problem. Possibly lower the chance of using food per step a little, but 6 pickpoints would remain to expensive for it.

Yes the potions are cheap and easy to use and its the food that costs so much but there are some times where I afk at a flower and come back just in time to not be able to keep my speed up or if I'm doing a long run and PMing people and happen to lose track of my food it would be a Lil nice to not have to take a slot with a pot in order to keep speed again... But if no one is interested then its a waste

Edited by Orick

If you are going to make a speed hax ADDICT perk it should be a NEGATIVE perk. The key thing should be that you should only be able to go so long on a speed hax potion before taking another and after a period of time you would need to take increased number of them. And their should be side effects when stop taking them (when not on speed hax).