Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Latest Android client (14/10/2013)

Thanks domino, it works now way better.

Another thing: Channel numbers in the console would be nice, its a little bit confusing if you have joined more than 1 channel.

And the food bar looks a little bit confusing, the bar itself is nearly empty, but it says, my food level is with 41 points nearly full..

Piper

Another thing: Channel numbers in the console would be nice, its a little bit confusing if you have joined more than 1 channel.

And the food bar looks a little bit confusing, the bar itself is nearly empty, but it says, my food level is with 41 points nearly full..

Piper

Piper, the food bar is currently set to 100 max (as some items allow you to go above 45). There might be a setting to set the max value within a given range in the future (as in the desktop client settings).

Edited by helebek

Piper

Piper, the food bar is currently set to 100 max (as some items allow you to go above 45). There might be a setting to set the max value within a given range in the future (as in the desktop client settings).

Yes, but it shouldnt be that hard to make the food bar behave like the other bars.

Like current food level / (max_food level / 100) and adjust the food bar width to that value.

IMO it does not make that much sense how the food bar behaves like now, and it's not such a big work to change that.

Piper

The problem with the food bar is that some players have 45 max food and others have 100. The server doesn't tell which case you are. In all the other cases i get this info from the server(max hp, max emu, max mana...). It was the easiest way to just consider the max food 100 for everyone, but, as helebek was saying, there can be an option for everyone to specify it's desired value.

New features added to the client, including manufacturing. All these done by Helebek, so big thanks to him:).

I have also added something that should have been there from the start: a release version. And since is popular to give a name to a release this one is called Helebek :icon13:

So please download and try out the new client and report any issues you encounter :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4dlzugiOm2KUklVdGVhM0VWdnc/edit?usp=sharing

Edit:fix link

Edited by Domino

New features added to the client, including manufacturing. All these done by Helebek, so big thanks to him:).

I have also added something that should have been there from the start: a release version. And since is popular to give a name to a release this one is called Helebek :icon13:

So please download and try out the new client and report any issues you encounter :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4dlzugiOm2KMmw2TEFSZTE2MjQ/edit?usp=sharing

Edit:fix link

Yayyy. I am famuous :). Well thx also goes to Domino for taking the time to start this android client and help me great deal setting it up.

Enjoy...

Donwloaded and installed the new client on a galaxy 10" tablet, but it doesnt work :(

Domino sugggested to change language to English, that did the trick, tyvm.

Edited by Maxine
added fix

I made a new build(not changing version tough). The old link doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4dlzugiOm2Kam9XbTBLbVJCSVk/edit?usp=sharing

There was an issue starting the app for some ppl. I was parsing a date - '08 June 2014' to be specific- using phone's default locale. Surprise: this fails if your device's language is not english(DUH!). So sorry for the inconvenience and i hope the new apk won't cause any more problems.

Edit: changing the language was a trick to make the prev build work. You don't have to that for the new build.

Edited by Domino

Great work again. I haven't mixed a great deal with the new client yet but it's another huge step forward. Thanks for all the effort you put in.

Also, an edit to the first post of this thread, like was done with previous updates, would be very helpful in pointing people in the direction of the latest update. I check this thread fairly regularly, but only now did I notice the new capabilities- one month after posting :)

I am not sure how hard it is to code this, but can you please allow the client to have screen rotation? I play on my tablet that has a keyboard attached but it's in landscape position all the time except when I play EL.

Thanks.

It's not hard, but on a small screen(my phone) right buttons collapse into each other and that's why it's disabled. Fixing that would require a new layout and I won't do that. But I could just leave it as it is and enable it.

Could you enable it but make an option in the settings to allow for screen rotation?

Also, channel numbers would be awesome!

Edited by Infect

I was on a bus using unreliable wifi on Thursday night during the Joule day and noticed a problem with the android client while mixing: the 'you started working...' and 'you successfully created a[n]... ' messages sometimes didn't work, and the load (total carry capacity used) wasn't updated as ingredients were used (try counting the items in my inventory and calculating their weight, and compare that to the reported weight, and compare it to the brown bar at the bottom). I am certain I was mixing at the exact moment this screenshot was taken because ingredients were disappearing, the product was appearing, and I was getting experience.

gallery_31159_16_112445.png

Recently picked up EL after a long-ish stint away. Just picked up on the Android client. Maybe critiques/complaints to follow :-P, but for starters... Holy F. WOW! Love it!

I was nowhere near my computer last night but still able to enjoy Alexi #Day!

A very big 'Thank you' from me :-D

I would LOVE a windows phone version! I would be able to log on a lot more then :)

I hope You can manage to get it working for 'em.

Edited by Entris