Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Latest Android client (14/10/2013)

Unfortunately i am clueless why this happens. Perhaps you can find more details in time. Also, not having the latest version could be the problem. This is because there were 2 bugs i fixed in some of the previous versions and are very related with this:

1. the sorry you have not seen what you have in that category message

• open storage
  • go to a category
  • close storage
  • open storage again

At this point you see the items from the previous time, but when you try to withdraw something you get that message. This was fixed long time ago and now when you open the storage again you have no category selected.

2. Can't withdraw some items

When you click on an item from the storage i have some coordinates (x, y) and i need to find the item for those coordinates. This is quite easy, but i was doing it wrong. As result, some items were ok, clicking on some items resulted in withdrawing other items and for some items nothing happened.

So, please look if what happens to you is similar with these defects. If so, than perhaps you don't have the latest version and hopefully installing it will fix the problem.

installed new client still got the issue - seems to be last n items where changes for each section..

Food 4/4 selectable

Coins 1/1

Flowers 29/32

Ores 8/8

Metal 6/6

Minerals 10/10

Tools 10/12

Weapons 15/23

Arrmor 32/35

Magic 20/21

Cant seem to make out a pattern in there.... anything else I can do to help?

This is on a fresh login ie first trip to store.

Gives the you have not seen what you have in this category message..

Edited by Raz

When using the 'Home' button and go do anything else on the phone, how do I get back in properly? If I try to re-click the app, it shows the login prompts again and (I assume) because I'm still logged in, it freezes for a bit, then stops responding and shows the popup to force close the app.

Is there another way to get back into a connected client after pressing 'Home' and not logging out?

When using the 'Home' button and go do anything else on the phone, how do I get back in properly? If I try to re-click the app, it shows the login prompts again and (I assume) because I'm still logged in, it freezes for a bit, then stops responding and shows the popup to force close the app.

Is there another way to get back into a connected client after pressing 'Home' and not logging out?

I haven't tried the Android client yet, but long-pressing home should bring the list of recently used applications; it's just a guess, but if you can click the client there maybe you get back to the same instance of the app (i.e. the one you already logged in with). Good luck

xam

Edited by massimoC

I haven't tried the Android client yet, but long-pressing home should bring the list of recently used applications; it's just a guess, but if you can click the client there maybe you get back to the same instance of the app (i.e. the one you already logged in with). Good luck

xam

Thanks, I did not know about long pressing 'Home'. Works like a charm! :)

For reasons unknown to me I am unable to have the client be my friend on my tablet... it let me open my inventory, but would not let me close my inventory, nor do much else after.

When will the client be on the DL page for EL with a link to the forum for issues?

Press the back button(the one from the phone) to close dialogs or log out.

Press the menu/action button to switch from the console to actor. Recently i have found out that newer devices don't have that button anymore, but they support software compatibility(here is an article). Unfortunately it doesn't work for everybody, so you might be stuck with console only until i will make a new release.

I plan to make the project open source and publish the project somewhere online.

I have this issue - and it seems to be items later in the category. ie the first few items you can withdraw. I have also noticed in the console - a sorry you have not seen what you have in that category message.

I have not got the latest version installed - but have this on the old one. Would it help if I did some tests on the old client and posted the results here?

Yes, the problem is withdrawing the later item(s) in each category... I know nothing of programation, i'm just guessing, but maybe each category makes a chain of the items' id and the parameters are limiting this chain (for example the chain reaches 1000 and the parameter has only 3 digits)...

sorry for that random guess, but i hope that inspires anyone with more knowledge than me :P

Yes, the problem is withdrawing the later item(s) in each category... I know nothing of programation, i'm just guessing, but maybe each category makes a chain of the items' id and the parameters are limiting this chain (for example the chain reaches 1000 and the parameter has only 3 digits)...

sorry for that random guess, but i hope that inspires anyone with more knowledge than me :P

You are close:) The limit is 60 per category(6 columns and 10 lines). You have more than that?

You are close:) The limit is 60 per category(6 columns and 10 lines). You have more than that?

As per my tests detailed earlier -it happens way before the 60th item ie weapons - I can only select 15/23

Looks like this was the wrong forum, and there's also a dedicated thread over in Programming. Sorry for the mis-post.

Good work, though. Runs great here on my SIII.

Edited by freeone3000

I assume you need root to create the appropriate folder and use the better quality maps?

btw, ty for the app, it's working great on the Galaxy S4 and Kindle Fire HD

edit: nevermind, got the .obb file in the proper place, but don't really notice a change in map quality

Edited by D34DLY

There are 4 white exit circles out of the WS coal cave, but none seem to work. 1 is under 2 of the others, but could not seem to make it work from what was visible either.

Hash values for the 10-14-2013 version to verify your download is complete:

md5sum:

0409c5deb06f2176aecd8f2ade392463 *eternal lands android.apk

sha256sum:

45033a7ffb9b0eb5a31029b9ae5a9a29689780c9f66de6f85ea615e4e6ecaef0 *eternal lands android.apk

If you trust me, I have mirrored it at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw-CkZchH7AcZlJLbmpXZmZIMm8/edit?usp=sharing

I tested this version on Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 3.

Hi, thanks for this app, it's nice to use (on my Galaxy Note) and quite useful to harvest with when I'm watching films, etc. :) I'm posting to give you a bit of feedback about my experience using the app.

The long press on the screen to walk was difficult to use. For some reason it actually confused me a lot at first because sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't (like with un-walkable areas). I'm much happier now that I've changed the setting to a short press.

The map-walker is strange. It occasionally gives up and my character stands still until I re-command it to walk. Once, when walking in NC from the WS flag to the bridge, the game directed my character through the western city gates, up towards the PK arena, then INTO the PK arena(!), and then out and up to the bridge.

Like other people, the storage doesn't work for me when trying to take out certain items. I can't get excavator capes or harvesting medallions out (I get the message saying I have to see items in the category before I take them out), so I have to have them before I log into the android client.

Opening storage took practice, I couldn't work out how to do it for a while, and it seemed to just happen by chance sometimes. When I changed the settings to a short press, then I learnt that it opens if you click on the storage NPC.

I disconnect sometimes (sometimes my bad wifi), and get the red 'power on/off' symbol on the bottom left of the screen. But the only way to reconnect is to log out and in again (and typing my long password on a mobile keyboard isn't fun :D)

I presume this is the android OS's fault, but it's annoying that the app dies if it's in the background, and also if I turn the screen off for more than ~60 seconds.

I would like to see the following new features in this order: channel numbers on channel chat, talking to any NPC, magic, mixing, fighting (I envisage a battle screen a bit like pokemon on the gameboy, plus a quick spell bar and a quick item bar).

If there is anything I haven't mentioned, it means I liked the feature, and it was implemented intuitively. Thanks very much! :)

Edited by extrapolation

Hello!

About feature req ;-)

What do you think about kind of #AFK msg saying e.g. "I'm using mobile client it is very possible i'll not see what you are talking to me, sorry" ?

About storage bug.

i have his problemm on two different devices with different adroid versions.

I like to track the bug. First of all. Are you sure it is not about item Id? I think it is always connected to the last items in storage. last items has AFAIK larger Id. It is also not about position in sto. for example:

in food tab i have 8 types of items:

cooked meat, fruits, vegs, toad, bread, mead

wine, PoF

i can take all BUT PoF (last one)

but if i'll take all bread, go out from sto and open it again i have just 7 types of items and STILL canot take PoF out of the sto!!!

same time in flowers category i have 35 types of items, can take ALL of them!

clothes:

i have 24 types, can take 1 - 15 and no more.

Edited by wariat

Is it the same things that you cannot open on both devices?

From what I have seen - you are able to remove items from storage starting at item 1 and upwards. At some point you hit an item you cannot remove. After that you cannot withdraw any other items.

The item you cannot withdraw is NOT in the same position - so may be related to the item itself.

So in the example above -

in food tab i have 8 types of items:

cooked meat, fruits, vegs, toad, bread, mead

wine, PoF

i can take all BUT PoF (last one)

So is it a case of mead / wine causes an issue such that no further items can be removed?

Have just tested - I have pof and can withdraw them... but no wine/mead

Edited by Raz