Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Latest Android client (14/10/2013)

This is the newest client, as of 1-16-2014

http://www.eternal-lands.com/eternal-lands.apk

This is optional, but if you want better quality maps download this: http://www.eternal-lands.com/main.1.el.android.obb then place it in a dir called Android\obb\el.android (on your phone)

Changes:
- fix icons for saphires, emeralds, diamonds and rubbies(and possible others)
- fix portland cave entrance(the one to ws)
- add disconnect notification
- add current load/total capacity on inv window
- add a button on the screen to switch between map and console(old way no longer working)
- add a new setting to enable/disable moving on long press
- still have no idea why some of you can't withdraw specific items from storage

NOTE: Newer devices do not have the menu/action button (the one used to switch between the map and the console). Because of this some people were stuck only with the console. This release fixes that.

Seems to be coming along nicely.

Only two things that come to mind after some quick testing:

1) An "Are you sure?" type popup before it logs you out. Because the same button is used to just "close the inventory" and such as does the log out, I find myself randomly logging out through misclick.

2) For the "long tap to move on map view", some kind of indicator that the long tap has been accepted. A quick "flash" of the map or other such indication. It's hard to know if you've held long enough when the only indication is hiding underneath the thumb/finger.

hmmmm something wrong with .apk file?

i cant download it properly :(

I got msg "parsing error" or something like this :(

previously apk file works fine for me

EDIT: i dont know why, but i couldnt download from forum (on windows machine)

i downloaded from my phone and its works fine

Edited by karolus

im sure browser didnt try open.

but downloaded only 1 or 4M files,

I dont know why

anyway it doesny matter, as i said i downloaded from my phone and its ok :)

btw, many thanks for your job :)

tried to get the ladder down to zirakgunda, but there is no way to click on the ladder, that needs to be clicked to get down there. Guess not all clickable elements are shown on the android client

Pls tell me what the ladder coords are. Or contact me in game. This kind of things need to be manually adjusted, but it can be done. I am even writing a tool to help me with it and so far i made adjustments to few maps from C1.

Anyway, the next release will make entering/changing maps a lot easier. I removed the actor view and everything is on the map view. And instead of doors/caves/flags... i display circles 5 times bigger than the prev icons. So when you want to enter a house you will need to touch a circle on the house that is almost as big as the house.

The saw is not able to be taken out of storage. I don't know if there is a file missing or something to be able to use it. But that is just one of the items I have noticed that is unusable in this version of the client.

I get the message "you have not seen what you have in that category" when trying to withdrawal some items from storage. They will not come out of storage, but when I log on an alt on the same phone, there is no problem.

can i have one sugestion?

is it possible to implement reconect button (or somethink else)

now when i lost connection i must back to login window and write login and pass again.

Any info (maybe a little indicator) about conection to server would be nice too (some times after few or more min i discover that i lost connection)

PS, sorry for my english, but i hope you undertand what i mean :)

I get the message "you have not seen what you have in that category" when trying to withdrawal some items from storage. They will not come out of storage, but when I log on an alt on the same phone, there is no problem.

That can also happen on the 'normal' client in certain situations. It means that somehow the client didn't ask the server for the storage content for that category.

Revi is right, somehow you see the items in a category without clicking(touching) that category. Click again on the category and everything should be fine. There was a scenario that always reproduced this, but i fixed it 2-3 releases ago. If you can provide a scenario that always end to this i will look into it.

can i have one sugestion?

is it possible to implement reconect button (or somethink else)

now when i lost connection i must back to login window and write login and pass again.

Any info (maybe a little indicator) about conection to server would be nice too (some times after few or more min i discover that i lost connection)

Sure, i will think at something. At this moment you can avoid typing username and password all the time by going to settings(on the login page) and declare them there.

The better quality maps are quite a must with this new release of the client. The maps hosted here are bloodsucker's. You can download olivine's maps from here

Notes:

1. The pack is about 470mb, so you will want to be on a wifi to download them
  2. Maps are about 4mb each and your phone(tablet) might fail to load them. This happens for me from time to time and i end up with the low resolution map that comes with the apk. But next time when i change the map i get the right file.
  3. The link there is to my pc and it might be closed
  4. Thanks to Olivine and Bloodsucker :)

The better quality maps are quite a must with this new release of the client. The maps hosted here are bloodsucker's. You can download olivine's maps from here

Notes:

1. The pack is about 470mb, so you will want to be on a wifi to download them

470mb?? omg.... its possible to declare in setings file (or somethink else) place when maps store?

I have LG L9 (no root) and cant install aplication on my extended memory (microSD card), so 470mb maps "eat" over 1/4 space for aplication :(

I think it'll be problem not only me (i hope :)

After about 3-4h play in new client, i have next sugestion :P

Can you set biger zoom on map view as default? or does client can remember last zoom lvl?

now changing maps for example enter to sto (especialy on big maps) requires many "pinching" to see when i'm

it helps a bit.... but in huge maps (WS) only a bit :)

Thank you for responding. I have logged in again, having the same problem with not being able to withdrawal from storage. I can remove other items in the same category, just not items such as: pickaxe, leather gloves or certain capes. One thing I noticed is these items are also hosted by sir_odie on custom clothing... but I'm able to withdrawal other items that are custom'd. Still being able to use the problem items on an alt makes me think it's not an uninstall/reinstall solution, but I can try that.

Edited by purplehaze

Sory, but i have no idea why you can't withdraw those items. You don't have to reinstall the app, but please provide more details. You tap on an item and absolutly notthing happends? Not even if you close the storage and look into the inv?

Any detail could help:). You can also contact me in game or send me a private message.

Thanks

I have this issue - and it seems to be items later in the category. ie the first few items you can withdraw. I have also noticed in the console - a sorry you have not seen what you have in that category message.

I have not got the latest version installed - but have this on the old one. Would it help if I did some tests on the old client and posted the results here?

Unfortunately i am clueless why this happens. Perhaps you can find more details in time. Also, not having the latest version could be the problem. This is because there were 2 bugs i fixed in some of the previous versions and are very related with this:

1. the sorry you have not seen what you have in that category message

• open storage
  • go to a category
  • close storage
  • open storage again

At this point you see the items from the previous time, but when you try to withdraw something you get that message. This was fixed long time ago and now when you open the storage again you have no category selected.

2. Can't withdraw some items

When you click on an item from the storage i have some coordinates (x, y) and i need to find the item for those coordinates. This is quite easy, but i was doing it wrong. As result, some items were ok, clicking on some items resulted in withdrawing other items and for some items nothing happened.

So, please look if what happens to you is similar with these defects. If so, than perhaps you don't have the latest version and hopefully installing it will fix the problem.

just a little suggestion, would it be possible to add an indicator of the [used emu/max emu]?