Eternal Lands Official Forums
kangaroo

Ip ban for no reason no account involved.

IP addresses are banned because someone on that IP did something bad. Usually IPs don't get unbanned, unless it is clear that the perpetrator is no longer on that address. The information in your forum post is too vague to allow us to track the problem down. Find out the banned IP address and send a forum pm with that info to Aislinn, together with the name she wants. Then there are two possible solutions:

- IP can get unbanned

- IP stays banned but gf gets whitelisted with her new char name

Sorting this out and fixing it will take at least a couple of days, not a couple of hours :P

her char name is ladycowpack she just startedbthe game at mine but obviously ahe cant play at home due to the ip ban , her household have just discovered web browsing let alone games there stilll in the stone age so there is defo no reason behind the ip ban as I said I downloaded the game and it was already telling me the ip was banned

Your girlfriend hit a banned IP address range. The fact that they just 'discovered' internet does not mean the address has never been used. I would suggest that you do what Maxine has suggested.

As an example:

Shortly after a known troublemaker got banned (with IP bans), I started hitting IP bans. Only reason for that was that I used the same Internet Service Provider (ISP) as the banned player did.

And that ISP happens to be one of the mayor providers in France. And I get another IP address every 24h or so (most ISP's don't give out fixed IP addresses)...

I contacted Aislinn and got my character white-listed with no fuss (but note that every case is treated individually).

So the fact that your girlfriend hit a banned IP is not her fault at all, nor is it EL's fault. (There's even a chance that restarting her modem/router would be enough to get an IP address that's not banned)