Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sulla

"New" location bug

Hey folks,

So since this is public and I don't want to, shall we say make spoilers for those who don't want them, I will be slightly cryptic of the location but we all know what I mean.

So I used the Teleporter today, just to see what the place is like but all I get is a black screen with me and any other character who happens to be in. Any suggestions?

A bit hard to help when you are that vague... but could you mean that F1 gives you no image? Quite possibly because the area you're in is newly created and thus for those people who create F1 maps, none have as of yet been created?

I'm assuming you're using a dung teleporter? If so, sounds like you don't have the updated map file.. redownloading should fix this.

A bit hard to help when you are that vague... but could you mean that F1 gives you no image? Quite possibly because the area you're in is newly created and thus for those people who create F1 maps, none have as of yet been created?

Not sure what you mean by F1 maps. F1 for me toggles between console (text) and game (playable part of the game). I feel like I'm missing the proper nouns.

I'm assuming you're using a dung teleporter? If so, sounds like you don't have the updated map file.. redownloading should fix this.

Yes that is correct for location, was just trying to avoid spoilers but the cat is out of the bag now. Makes sense about not having the map file, but where would I get it? There have been no client updates.

I would not care if there was no "map" per say (hitting tab and just getting there is no map for this location) but instead there is no screen for me interact with, clicking to move does nothing, but I could see another char walk about.

Thanks for the suggestions Ghrae and Acelon, I think we're on the right track.

The client should contain the mapfile (though NO tab-map), as the map is part of EL 1.9.3.

Are there any messages on screen or in the logs about a missing mapfile?

The client should contain the mapfile (though NO tab-map), as the map is part of EL 1.9.3.

Are there any messages on screen or in the logs about a missing mapfile?

The mighty Odie! Correct on no tab-map, which I don't care about.

I am using Client 1.9.3. I will teleport in there as I log on and sit around. PM in game and we can work through this. If i'm not logged on, means I'm not available.

EDIT:

I loged in and Portaled in. For whatever reason it's working now. Thanks for all who tried, must have just been some sort of fluke.

Edited by Sulla

I used a dung teleporter for the first time today and had the same problem that Sulla had had, twice. I just see my character and a black screen. I'm using 1.9.3 and didn't see anything saying I was missing a map file, but tbh, I might not be looking in the right place. Any ideas? I'm using a MacBookPro.

Thanks,

EvanMarie

Thanks Burn, updating to the latest Mac build solved the map problem. Unfortunately, doing that created even more annoying problems :( I'll just go back to the old one for now.

EM

You can still fix the issue with the old build.

Just open the zip file I linked to for Odie's updated build.

Copy the EternalLands.app/Contents/Resources/data/maps/mapnewbie_insides.elm.gz file from that into your maps folder.

Can download the file directly from this link rather than download the full zip file if you don't still have that:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Skx3Gm72RGZjBWQXRCTl82eXM/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Burn