Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

Bots in chan 3

Hey all, I have been working with some new players to the game lately and one of the things that they mentioned to me was now overwhelming chan 3 was when they tried to check out prices on fire essence and other things... for us its easy because most of us have #ignore Bots on and don't view the constant role of adds... I think it would be helpful and less overwhelming for new players if the bots had there own chan to advertise in or the bots advertisements were auto turned off for new players

now i know back in the day this idea was overturned but now a days there are SO many more bots that the adds don't stop so if someone is trying to get help at the same time its really hard for them to stay caught up with whats happening

Edited by Orick

Yeah when I first started playing I couldn't stay in @3 for long as the bot spam is/was relentless and the bots aren't identified as such so new players see hundreds of adds every five minutes not nowing whom is player and whom is automation, surely the most user friendly move would be #ignore bots as the defualt, and have players activate the bot spam via a command, and I don't imagine that many would

If not taking them off because new players do need or want things they have maybe they should have some kind of something with or after the name that says they are bots? I know I have pmed inv to real players not being able to tell the difference :pirate:

Edited by Dalli

many, many moons ago i #ignored bots. have not taken it off since.

conclusion: way better without bot spam. pls put #ignore bots on by default for newer players

Agree, #ignore bots default, or at least give the newbie a pop-up (like you get when you receive achievement) when they first open channel 3, telling them about this option

I would take things a little further and remove bots access on ch3. It's spamming anyway and nobody really reads all that. A better solution for both bots and players is a service like Rraisa or http://bots.el-services.net/ directly included in the game.

Rraisa is nice, but it's not listing all the bots. Also new players don't know about it. I would really like something like that, but fully integrated with the game.

I would take things a little further and remove bots access on ch3. It's spamming anyway and nobody really reads all that. A better solution for both bots and players is a service like Rraisa or http://bots.el-services.net/ directly included in the game.

Rraisa is nice, but it's not listing all the bots. Also new players don't know about it. I would really like something like that, but fully integrated with the game.

Or move them to there own chan

Let's remove bots!11

For real I'd like to see #ignore_bots being default. I unignored them just for test a while ago and it was a page of spam in a minute. If someone really wants to buy something from bots, they don't get it from all the spam at ch 3. Newbs might get confused of that since that kind of spam is typical at WoW and other MMO's when bots spam for gold market.

Newbies are not on ch 3 by default, someone must have told them about it, that person should also tell about #ignore bots.

I don't mind #ignore_bots by default, but then add a #hint about this as well.

Newbies looking to buy/sell/pc newbie stuff can do so on ch 1, that is a proper channel to get help on, they don't need to #jc 3.

Newbies are not on ch 3 by default, someone must have told them about it, that person should also tell about #ignore bots.

I don't mind #ignore_bots by default, but then add a #hint about this as well.

Newbies looking to buy/sell/pc newbie stuff can do so on ch 1, that is a proper channel to get help on, they don't need to #jc 3.

There is a pop down that reads market on the Channels tab... New players check stuff like that out usually rather quickly when exploring there screen when they get a lil bored harvesting

Actually i found the #ignore bots command very late in the game. Until that i wasn't staying on market ch because of the bots.

I would only like to be notified when there a special promotion for an item. Like lower prices for hydro bars. These cases are rare and i wouldn't ignore them. The rest of the time i'd rather use http://bots.el-services.net/ .

I think bots owners would also like this more since right now the advertising on ch3 is ignored.

I admit i don't own a bot and i only speculate on what a bot owner would want. But since i ignore all the advertising on ch3 and i believe most of the players do so, wouldn't be better a new feature of the game? Something that lists all the bots, with all the items, with special offers, the closest bots to you and, ofc, search.

For simplicity, give them channel 4. We have almost as many bots as players online in the game.

lol i just checked, sometimes it is the other way around. 23-04-0035, 3:05

There are 187 Players Online:

There are 226 Bots Online:

Edited by SolarStar

For simplicity, give them channel 4. We have almost as many bots as players online in the game.

lol i just checked, sometimes it is the other way around. 23-04-0035, 3:05

There are 187 Players Online:

There are 226 Bots Online:

172 players / 227 bots online. I really think something should be done. I would REALLY REALLY redommend any bot owners stop their bots spamming channel 3 by this moment unless / if further procedures are taken. Nowadays it doesn't benefit your bots anyway so it's just as good to stop them from spamming.

Edited by Miiks

Nowadays it doesn't benefit your bots anyway so it's just as good to stop them from spamming.

Agreed. Done (if I configured it correctly) on 2 bots.