Eternal Lands Official Forums
littlebro2

Red Dragon spawn is taken

I have recently desired to pay a visit to the Old Volcano to try to kill the Red Dragon to get a few of its precious scales for manufacturing and for instance cooldowns. (As you may or may not know there is only 1 of these in the game..which is another topic..)

Last night as luck would have it, I entered the Dragon's lair to find the poor creature had recently been slain. However, its slayer was not to be found! Since there was nobody around I took some cover behind a large bone. With my bow ready, (yes, I am but a lowly ranger and can't quite kill the rd with the sword as of yet) I waited what seemed an eternity for the beast to respawn (but it was really only ~6 minutes).

As the beast spawned I instantly remembered why its scales are so highly sought after: Its beautiful red shimmering scales are truly a sight to behold and with the right manufacturing expertise they can made into exquisite armors for which many will pay a handsome amount. Almost mesmerized by the sight, I nearly became its first meal! But stepping aside using one of my trusty disengagement rings followed by a timely teleportation spell (something every Dragon hunter should learn) I managed to distance myself just perfectly out of reach from its gaping jaws. I then madly began shooting arrows into the beast hoping to bring it down before it had the chance to engage me.

As I let fly what I believed would be the final arrow another apparent Dragon hunter arrived by the name of "Stivy", who swept in and walked right upon the spot of ground where my treasure would fall! What timing!

At first I supposed the hunter was just being helpful and would hand over the treasure which I so earnestly came to gather, but alas, he tucked my treasure into his pack and walked away! When I inquired of him why he had done this, he claimed it was his in the first place!

I repeated my waiting for the beast to respawn again when from out of nowhere, the hunter named "Stivy" appeared again and began attacking the Dragon.

Deflated and empty handed, I left hoping that maybe I could come back another day/time and have better luck. 12 hours later, I signed back on and find that he's still in the lair doing the same thing to yet another ranger! Oh the agony! This hunter must never sleep...

After attempting to reason with this player, I can see that it is hopeless. He truly believes the ONE Red Dragon in all of Eternal Lands is his and even if you manage to kill one, he'll take the treasure it drops if he can and he'll do it without any reasonable explanation.

Curses to you Stivy! May you get rashes and warts in many places upon your body! And may no one in these Eternal Lands feel pity upon you or your bots (Trunks and Lillu who consequently sell LOTS of rd scales)

OOC:

See chat log if interested...

[22:43:20] [Jay @ 3]: buy 2 rosto

[22:43:28] stivy: ...

[22:43:31] littlebro2: hi

[22:44:10] You can't fight dead entities.

[22:44:12] You see a Red Dragon

[22:44:14] littlebro2: ?

[22:44:22] Ranging-Lock is now disabled.

[22:45:30] [PM to stivy: get anything good?]

[22:45:32] [CherUT @ 3]: buying gypsum pm me +

[22:45:47] [Regins @ 3]: buying iron ore/silver ore

[22:48:12] [Jeff @ 3]: selling 2 dung teleporters @ 4k each, pm me

[22:49:02] [PM to stivy: why do you steal my bag? ]

[22:49:18] [PM from stivy: bcuz u stole my rd..]

[22:49:40] [PM to stivy: how was i supposed to know it was yours?]

[22:49:50] [PM from stivy: it was dead no?]

[22:49:54] [PM to stivy: if i knew you were there, i would have not interfered]

[22:50:16] [PM to stivy: it was dead, but nobody was here]

[22:50:48] [PM to stivy: do you want me to ask you if i can kill? cause i will do that if that's what you want]

[22:52:16] [PM to stivy: so are you coming back now?]

[22:54:28] stivy got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:54:53] stivy got healed a little because of his/her armor!

[22:56:20] stivy got healed a little because of his/her armor!

He never responded after this. He just kept leaving to go train Lorcs and then come back when he felt like it and he'd engage the dragon. Anyway, my object in posting this is to make others aware that if you find the Red Dragon dead with no one around, you might want to wait and see if he returns before you spend 2k worth of arrows on it only to have him steal the drop. And even if you're there "first" he doesn't seem to honor that.

Did I mention there's only 1 Red Dragon in the game!?

Alas, all honor hath flown from some inhabitants of these lands... Never would I have thought of stivy as another new.... uhh another one of those Draians claiming things for unjustifiable times and stealing others' prey.

Dear stivy, I did not wish for this, to be sure, but sadly I shall look upon you with other eyes now... *sighs profoundly and shrugs walking her path in these lands yet another bit more wearily*

Gwaew

Edited by Gwaew

Sorry to hear that BRO, but it is not the first nor the last dragon serper you can meet.

Newhope, LuciferX, are the most common trash I am serped by.

However I would never suspect Stivy to get so low.

That's right, let's make conclusions before stivy has a chance to defend his actions. :pinch:

Sorry to hear that BRO, but it is not the first nor the last dragon serper you can meet.

lol i would

[22:49:18] [PM from stivy: bcuz u stole my rd..]

Cool I didn't know you could Own your own creature spawn, I want one too!

lmfao, good job stivy, damn these rangers, they dont deserve a dime!

Ohhh really, do they? I will (and I hope all rangers will) quote this next time when @6 will be calling for help of a ranger.

Edited by Devnul

Ohhh really, do they? I will (and I hope all rangers will) quote this next time when @6 will be calling for help of a ranger.

:bow_arrow:

Devnul : :icon13:

+1, hate to say it, but this will never stop. These noobs believe that the spawns belong to them. IMO, if you are wanting to farm the scales, make your way to invasions and hope you get the drops from those RD's. Otherwise, your chances of getting a scale from the volcano is slim to none.

Asking nicely helps sometimes ;) Stivy let me melee a RD today and even keep the drop :P

Well that would be possible If he was at the spawn but leaving it to kill something else and then return later instead of staying at the spawn waiting for it makes that hard to do. Leave the spawn and its free to take..

I have the same problem with stivy, i made alot of visits to the rd to range but 9 times out of 10 when i go stivy will be there. The last visit i made i managed to get the spawn to myself, i killed one rd and then started on the next one tryna pin... guess who turned up? stivy. He engaged the dragon and killed it and took the loot, as per usuall no matter what you say to him he is to cowardly to reply. Prior to this me, viper and fullhouse went to pay the dragon a visit to help fullhouse with his novac, stivy was there the rd spawned right on top of me full house engaged then stivy engaged we killed it and i got the rights to the bag (no idea how i dealt the most damage melee but i did) and i asked the question 'what shall i do with the bag?' knowing that if the rolls were reversed stivy would take it without even questioning it anyway the guys said give it to stivy so i let him have it. More to the point fullhouse didnt get the rd kill for his novac and we asked if he could get the next one but let stivy have the bag well... ofc that didnt happen. It's a shame that there is only one spawn and the chances are extremely low of rangers getting such target.

- TEMPZz

Edited by birdie

same thing has just happened again as soon as 120200 invance finished i knew hed come and he did and he serped.

One time i was on RD spawn and stivy came along... this is what followed..

[PM from stivy: u douchebag]

[PM from stivy: u take my RD i brod u]

[PM from stivy: leave spawn u sux]

[PM to stivy: why are u serping me? :<]

[PM from stivy: cuz u nub, allurrdscalesarebelongtome]

true story, i just made it up myself

Edited by Infamous

While I do not Hunt the Red Dragon or am close to being able to it Seems to me that the people most responsible are the Mods and Radu. If Radu wants a successful game with more players then putting players like this in line needs to be done. Why else do we have mods if not to handle these things. Allowing The Few to have better Game Play over the many will only lead to loss of Player Base.Hence Less Bricks for Radu. The solution could be as simple as making it so that you can only kill the Spawn so many times per day. Leaving more people the ability to play and evening out the economics of the game. My own Opinion take it for what its worth

Wit!

The problem with the red dragon is that the scales are a limited resource. Just adding more spawns would flood the market with more scales than the market could support. To be honest, it's already pretty close since instances have become slightly less popular.

The real question is why do people hunt the red dragon? If it is for profit, adding more spawns won't help because then the scales will become near worthless. If it is for the exp, there are better spawns for that too. If it is for the "game experience" of killing the dragon, there should not be a problem with a single spawn..if it is that back logged then you can get a similar experience on the black dragon. From what I've seen, most people who complain about the rd cave being full are doing it primarily for the profit.

While I do not Hunt the Red Dragon or am close to being able to it Seems to me that the people most responsible are the Mods and Radu. If Radu wants a successful game with more players then putting players like this in line needs to be done. Why else do we have mods if not to handle these things. Allowing The Few to have better Game Play over the many will only lead to loss of Player Base.Hence Less Bricks for Radu. The solution could be as simple as making it so that you can only kill the Spawn so many times per day. Leaving more people the ability to play and evening out the economics of the game. My own Opinion take it for what its worth

Wit!

You are free to train a/d to the point you can fight the dragon in melee combat and serp back.

Anyway have you ever considered asking nicely ? :)

With an added cooldown of max kills to the rare creatures ( dragons etc ) to an whatever amount which Radu finds reasonable per day per player is a good suggestion ( if at all possible ) and should perhaps be in suggestions. After a while this will be considered a “daily” and players move on to other spawns, automatically giving more players the chance of the thrill to slay a dragon. The challenge is that it is not always a situation of asking politely and this would solve possible ‘disputes’ automatically.

Ok to why every now and then i like to range red dragon? earlier when i was a few levels lower in ranging, mainly because it was one way to train ranging, without making a loss, and on top of it to get the scales needed for the back then daily instatnces, now i do rarly do instances that need scales, and i am as happy to now and then range icy then i was before with red dragon. The Problem is that stivy does not wait until one is finished, and jump a red dragon even if its on the last few 100 hp and with the announcement that one will leave after it. Its one thing to want to train, another thing to want to corner a market if possible, and training to the point where you can serp back its not allways the solution

(my last try on Red Dragon is now about a month old, as i have no need for ranging training or scales right now)

Edited by vinoveritas

I think there is a lack of fun/interesting/challenging/profitable mobs for higher level players. Red Dragon fits all of these requirements both for high level players to melee and those who want to range it. If Black Dragon scales were worth the same or more than Red Dragon scales I bet some of the higher level players would spend more time there.

Dont worry one day Stivy will be bored with RD then someone else will step in and be the next bad guy :)