Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miiks

NMT's, NMT's everywhere. Way to get rid of them?

Worst idea... Did you just reach enough A/D and you started training yetis, knowing you'll get couple more in the near future so you suggested this idea? Because that's what it looks like, if not all the higher level players will do as Cherut said..

Why should NMT price rise? It' fine the way it is right now. There is no rule saying they should be X amount of GC.

Not to mention.. people in general chat were coming up with ideas on how to get noobs to stay ingame.. Idk about you, but raising price of NMT wont help. I go to 60-80 Invance, and only 1-2 ppl have one out of like 20-25.

How many times do I have to say it, I would like to see NMT prices staying at the same level as they are at this moment! Learn to read, kthxbye. The problem is those capes aren't moving at all at this moment. I'm pretty sure guildie still has the same cape for sale that he got 2 months ago.

Edited by Miiks

The reason that they are not moving is becuase they cost A LOT of GC, the reason they cost a lot is becuase they serve a very valuable purpose.

Myself and most in my A/D range would love to own an NMT to prevent our hard earned armour from becoming scrap metal but simply can't afford. If you are truely concerened about 'hundreds' of NMTs gathering dust in the ether a better solition would be to fix the EL economy and inflation, so we can all have NMT capes.

Also as a side note 11 capes on bots... For the 150 or so people who would be interested in owning one, I'd say your arguement is flawed, removing capes would onlu serve to make them rarer, and they are already a rarity, hence the huge GC price.

Edited by Rokk

The reason that they are not moving is becuase they cost A LOT of GC, the reason they cost a lot is becuase they serve a very valuable purpose.

The best and rarest cape in game has to cost lot of gc. Earlier people used to buy them a lot even for 500-600k gc price and practically no one was complaining about the price. Imo the price shouldn't go lower than what it is now.

Myself and most in my A/D range would love to own an NMT to prevent our hard earned armour from becoming scrap metal but simply can't afford. If you are truely concerened about 'hundreds' of NMTs gathering dust in the ether a better solition would be to fix the EL economy and inflation, so we can all have NMT capes.

I got my first NMT cape when I was 50-60's a/d. It required a lot of work, but I didn't complain. Just work for it. Inflation actually makes it easier to get the cape. Their price have gone down a lot from when they were at their highest and essences, harvestables etc. have bumbed to ridiculous prices eg. more profit. Just harv or mix something profitable, inflation isn't really a good argument here.

Also as a side note 11 capes on bots... For the 150 or so people who would be interested in owning one, I'd say your arguement is flawed, removing capes would onlu serve to make them rarer, and they are already a rarity, hence the huge GC price.

They are rare drop but they surely aren't rare.

The best and rarest cape in game has to cost lot of gc. Earlier people used to buy them a lot even for 500-600k gc price and practically no one was complaining about the price. Imo the price shouldn't go lower than what it is now.

It wasn't a complaint, it was a statement helping to explain why the NMT moves slowly in EL markets.

I got my first NMT cape when I was 50-60's a/d. It required a lot of work, but I didn't complain. Just work for it. Inflation actually makes it easier to get the cape. Their price have gone down a lot from when they were at their highest and essences, harvestables etc. have bumbed to ridiculous prices eg. more profit. Just harv or mix something profitable, inflation isn't really a good argument here.

Bully for you. This statement doesn't help your flawed argument, in fact if you have had one since ~50s A/D it is more probable that this entire thread is for your own gain, as you have multiple NMT in #sto

They are rare drop but they surely aren't rare.

again at 20:35 GMT there is a total of 8 NMT capes according to Greypal excellent querybot service with 302 players & 227 bots, for an item that never degrades you are telling us that they are flooding the market?..

There are 302 Players Online:

if supply is more than demand, the price is going to eventually drop just enough so people afford the cape. But it's not the case. They aren't sold because lower level people need them now. In the past, only higher level people did. Now you need them at under 80 a/d for invances. Lower level people can't afford a 600k cape.

If NMT cape price dropped to around 200k, more people will buy them.

We won't end up making bed mattress sheets out of the excess NMTs on our storages ;)

It wasn't a complaint, it was a statement helping to explain why the NMT moves slowly in EL markets.

Ok, I understand.

Bully for you. This statement doesn't help your flawed argument, in fact if you have had one since ~50s A/D it is more probable that this entire thread is for your own gain, as you have multiple NMT in #sto

For fuck's sake, how many times do I have to say that I have only 1 NMT in sto! The char I'm playing at this moment is my 4th one and has only one NMT.

Edit: Just to make it clear: I bought NMT to my first char when it was 50's-60's. Second char had NMT when I got him. Third char I bought it when I was about 70's-80's def iirc (def build). This char had one when I got him couple months ago. Happy?

again at 20:35 GMT there is a total of 8 NMT capes according to Greypal excellent querybot service with 302 players & 227 bots, for an item that never degrades you are telling us that they are flooding the market?..

They are slowly flooding the market since people's storages are flooded by them. You can't say they are rare since I believe 80 % of actice players have already an NMT. Most of those capes on bots have been there since I started this thread.

To Hussam's point:

I agree mostly with you. NMT is important to more people now because of the lower lvl invances and instances etc. Still I think about 300-350k would be fine price for the cape so you should actually do something to gain it and fighters still get decent price from the yber rare drop. Secondly even if all the players between 40-80 a/d bought an NMT, the "problem" just moves to near future. Simply there's not enough players starting to play EL seriously.

Also do you think radu made NMTs breakable just for fun back then? (this isn't pointed only to hussam) No, he wanted to get rid of some, too bad it just didn't work.

Edited by Miiks

Ok, I understand.

For fuck's sake, how many times do I have to say that I have only 1 NMT in sto! The char I'm playing at this moment is my 4th one and has only one NMT.

Edit: Just to make it clear: I bought NMT to my first char when it was 50's-60's. Second char had NMT when I got him. Third char I bought it when I was about 70's-80's def iirc (def build). This char had one when I got him couple months ago. Happy?

They are slowly flooding the market since people's storages are flooded by them. You can't say they are rare since I believe 80 % of actice players have already an NMT. Most of those capes on bots have been there since I started this thread.

To Hussam's point:

I agree mostly with you. NMT is important to more people now because of the lower lvl invances and instances etc. Still I think about 300-350k would be fine price for the cape so you should actually do something to gain it and fighters still get decent price from the yber rare drop. Secondly even if all the players between 40-80 a/d bought an NMT, the "problem" just moves to near future. Simply there's not enough players starting to play EL seriously.

Also do you think radu made NMTs breakable just for fun back then? (this isn't pointed only to hussam) No, he wanted to get rid of some, too bad it just didn't work.

I think you are mistaken. Honestly, 10 new people start playing EL and the 8 capes for sale become not enough in a hurry.

There are sooooooo many more low hanging fruit issues (gold star mace etc) to think about first.

I think you are mistaken. Honestly, 10 new people start playing EL and the 8 capes for sale become not enough in a hurry.

There are sooooooo many more low hanging fruit issues (gold star mace etc) to think about first.

If those 10 players just leveled high enough they'd start needing an NMT :P Tho I think there would be many people who'd like to have one but are just too lazy to work for it.

And yes, there are more pressing issues but I think those have been suggested already. Of course this suggestion doesn't have to be the first one to be considered.

I like the NMT just the way it is. I don't know who they are flowing to, but I never had a drop of one. Since 2006, only 2 capes ever dropped to me.

I like the NMT just the way it is. I don't know who they are flowing to, but I never had a drop of one. Since 2006, only 2 capes ever dropped to me.

Yetis drop them like crazy (compared to feroses and fl00ffies, still not amazingly high rate). Of course other possibility would be lower the drop rate from yetis, but I don't think it would make fighters happy. I'd rather see the drop rate increased a bit and have some new use to NMT's.

Edited by Miiks

Yetis drop them like crazy (compared to feroses and fl00ffies, still not amazingly high rate). Of course other possibility would be lower the drop rate from yetis, but I don't think it would make fighters happy. I'd rather see the drop rate increased a bit and have some new use to NMT's.

Perhaps you are going about this the wrong way?

Maybe suggesting how we can make the NMW cape become more of a "necessity" for people to have and the NMT will look after itself

Perhaps you are going about this the wrong way?

Maybe suggesting how we can make the NMW cape become more of a "necessity" for people to have and the NMT will look after itself

It would be pro if it was that way so tailorers (is that real Enlish since it sounds so stupid?) might actually get some real use for their skill too. I just can't practically think any way how to make more use to that cape. Feel free to make your own suggestion about it.

One obvious way to make the NMW more of 'necesesity' is to increase the magic defence from the useless current +8 and the cammo effect from a pointless -5. For it to even slightly worth the trouble these 'side' attributes of the NMW should be atleast doubled and possibly then some, as the NMT is not worth risking to make the NMW with its current stats

One obvious way to make the NMW more of 'necesesity' is to increase the magic defence from the useless current +8 and the cammo effect from a pointless -5. For it to even slightly worth the trouble these 'side' attributes of the NMW should be atleast doubled and possibly then some, as the NMT is not worth risking to make the NMW with its current stats

The problem is they are only usable in PK. EL is going more and more to PvE way so it should have some pros for it too to make it usable. Imo it could still stay breakable but let's add something that makes it needfull in instances and invances just like rdholam. In training you would still rather use normal NMT since it's unbreakable. I just can't think of what that benefit might be in this case to not make it too overpowered.

The NMW is currently an oddity only, the +8 magic resistance is easily negated by MI, and who honestly factors in the -5 light mod when the cammo cape has -50, also all shiny armours, swords and shield quickly render the -5 null. NMW used in its current state in PVP ends up in expensive loss when it breaks, for PVE all the +8 mag resistance does is slightly lessen the Bears mana drain.

Maybe a solution is to make the NMW have an actual use or bonus for PVE and create another cape with better PVP bonus'what the new cape should do though...

I'm still at the point that yeti will take me about 47 restores to kill, along with many srs and disses, so... they won't be dropping them to me anytime soon. Fluffs and Feros are on my list of things to beat senseless on a regular basis, but as far as I can tell, Feros drop gc and Fluffs drop 2 kinds of potions. I did pull one rosto out of a week's work on Fluffs once... Maybe my day is just yet to come.

I'm still at the point that yeti will take me about 47 restores to kill, along with many srs and disses, so... they won't be dropping them to me anytime soon. Fluffs and Feros are on my list of things to beat senseless on a regular basis, but as far as I can tell, Feros drop gc and Fluffs drop 2 kinds of potions. I did pull one rosto out of a week's work on Fluffs once... Maybe my day is just yet to come.

Well I have to say a friend of mine got something like 3 NMTs from feroses, I don't remember the exact number but it was pretty high. I got 1 from feroses too with my ex-char. Back to yetis, guildie says he got 2 while doing dailies. Ofc it's yber luck, but still they drop them pretty often, even if you can't kill them :P At least they used to, I'm not sure if radu has lowered their drop rate.

Well I have to say a friend of mine got something like 3 NMTs from feroses, I don't remember the exact number but it was pretty high. I got 1 from feroses too with my ex-char. Back to yetis, guildie says he got 2 while doing dailies. Ofc it's yber luck, but still they drop them pretty often, even if you can't kill them :P At least they used to, I'm not sure if radu has lowered their drop rate.

I only got one after 20k feros not so long time ago. Those are a lot of feros... On wiki it says fluffy also drop ntm's, but i know people that killed over 200k fluffies and did not found any nmt. Maybe the drop rates got lowered in time. I don't think the rates are that high, at least not anymore.

tailorers Tailors (is that real Enlish since it sounds so stupid?)

And plus one to NMW having point

Edited by Grort

The only no more tears cape i got i sold almost at once to a guildie, not for gc but for harvesting work he did for me, because otherwise it would have been to expensive.

There are ways for nmt capes to leave the game, be ti because people in invasion instances went there without rosto and the invance instance stops existing due grues or a monster walking into fortress. Be it through brod. stupid bag drops that poofes ...

As others said you need quite some luck to get a no more tears cape. i only got one once, But i own now the 3rd cape in my nmt el life. El has other Problems with items that get into the game and not out of it that are far more pressing.

Just to say p2p coupons and golden star maces to name 2 of them. The fact that a branch of destruction is 100k worth and a golden star mace is not even 5kgc speaks for itself, as they do virtually the same thing.

Make a poll and ask people who don't have a NMT cape why they never bought one.

In my case, I never had one till I was able to remove the perk.

I have often thought of getting the perk because with the time I have to play is way faster getting the pickpoints than the gc.