Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Miiks

NMT's, NMT's everywhere. Way to get rid of them?

Well you can't really forbid the fact that most players that actually need an NMT already have one. Added that there's not many new players leveling, it will be some kind of problem in near future.

To be honest lack of newbie creates WAY bigger issues than NMTs. Effectively brings on the death of the game.

Indeed it is, but it seems this problem isn't going to get solved in near future anyway.

Anyway, i agree with Wizzy, attack those issues and oh so many more before going onto the nmt debate.

And if you know about the much more pressing needs, why didnt you suggest a fix for them in a thread instead of suggesting a solution to a problem that isnt really that pressing at the moment?

Because this wasn't all about NMT's, how many times do I have to say it? I got the quest idea first, then started thinking what you should actually do to get the perk. At that point I got the NMT idea.

+ There's been loads of suggestions about fixing more pressing matters so I don't see point in suggesting them again.

Edited by Miiks

Well you can't really forbid the fact that most players that actually need an NMT already have one. Added that there's not many new players leveling, it will be some kind of problem in near future.

To be honest lack of newbie creates WAY bigger issues than NMTs. Effectively brings on the death of the game.

Indeed it is, but it seems this problem isn't going to get solved in near future anyway.

Anyway, i agree with Wizzy, attack those issues and oh so many more before going onto the nmt debate.

And if you know about the much more pressing needs, why didnt you suggest a fix for them in a thread instead of suggesting a solution to a problem that isnt really that pressing at the moment?

Because this wasn't all about NMT's, how many times do I have to say it? I got the quest idea first, then started thinking what you should actually do to get the perk. At that point I got the NMT idea.

+ There's been loads of suggestions about fixing more pressing matters so I don't see point in suggesting them again.

You were the one that brought up the GC issue with the NMTs in this thread which made ppl react to that more then your suggestion, I already said I thought about the suggestion but my first reaction was to address the GC post and not the suggestion. Getting NMTs out of the game by using them in a quest should give more then what you suggested since they are kinda expencive and there for not many would be able to do the "quest" not want to do it either - at least that's what I think.. And Yeah I still can't use my Enter button here on this forums so can't make new rows :P

You were the one that brought up the GC issue with the NMTs in this thread which made ppl react to that more then your suggestion, I already said I thought about the suggestion but my first reaction was to address the GC post and not the suggestion. Getting NMTs out of the game by using them in a quest should give more then what you suggested since they are kinda expencive and there for not many would be able to do the "quest" not want to do it either - at least that's what I think.. And Yeah I still can't use my Enter button here on this forums so can't make new rows :P

Yeah I intentionally brought the NMT thing up, since it was part of my suggestion of course. It's only that it's not all about it, even if I named the thread to "penis" and just mentioned NMTs here, it would be same kind of ranting anyway :P Secondly people surely would be willing to do the quest, just think how expensive all breaking quests are. Newbs aren't really able to do those quests either because the costs is so high, I woudn't see that kind of quest being too expensive.

Edited by Miiks

Hello everyone, i just want to give an idea: a gatherer perk: donate a nmt to an npc and get a perk that add the ítems dropped to your inventory when you kill a creature. Thank you.

Hello everyone, i just want to give an idea: a gatherer perk: donate a nmt to an npc and get a perk that add the ítems dropped to your inventory when you kill a creature. Thank you.

I'd pay many nmts for that perk :o.

Imo, the way EL is set up, every item in game should have an exit strategy of some sort. Doesn't really matter if it is in a mixture, degrades, or a quest item.

The exit strategy doesn't have to suck btw. Something like...1 of each dropable perk removal + 5 enriched energy essences = 1 random special day stone or bad day removal.

Maybe one of each droppable cape + 2 ewe + 2 EnE = 10 color change stones.

Or a new daily quest which gives some magic xp that sinks some of these magic tab items :P.

Or a new food item 'dragon blood' which gives 100 food on use and takes bluD scales to mix.

Like I said though, it doesn't really matter how items are removed, just that they are.

Edit: mixture/degrades/quest OR trades to npc for something else.

Edited by Rabbitman

Maybe one of each droppable cape + 2 ewe + 2 EnE = 10 color change stones.

I like idea of using EnE for more things, they are worth virtuously nothing. But that's another topic :lipssealed:

Edited by Grort

Can't quote from my phone but to lighten the mood. Not everything else is el breaks. My damn ti set for example

Anyway I agree with wizzy, lower level people get excited when they do an invasion and get a "rare" drop. Then they do a price check such as fr removal.... Talk about a let down to them. Many things don't have a use in game. Why not suggest a quest using them ?

I agrea with wizzy and Cher on the removal for new players... Maybe there can be an NPC that buys them but only if it can track to make sure it was picked up by that player and cap it so high lvl players can't use it and new players can't just buy them and resell them...

And I can't get my RD cuisses to break... I broke all my steel and tit in 2 weekends and have had my cuisses for over 6 months

Edited by Orick

Strange world..

When you find more NMT capes you should be happy..

Instead you choose to be unhappy because you try to make the big gold coins out of this.. but this doesn't work becauses.. lol everyone is trying to sell one and then..

DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU DO ?

Don't make Cannon Fodder out of the capes.. keep them in your storage and be happy to have 1 extra. You know I would do if I find one ? I always wanted to have a No more Warlock Cape.. oh no i can't :happy: I have the perk since ages ..

Be happy .. and the price is ok the way it is.

Strange world..

Instead you choose to be unhappy because you try to make the big gold coins out of this.. but this doesn't work becauses.. lol everyone is trying to sell one and then..

DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU DO ?

Don't make Cannon Fodder out of the capes.. keep them in your storage and be happy to have 1 extra. You know I would do if I find one ? I always wanted to have a No more Warlock Cape.. oh no i can't :happy: I have the perk since ages ..

Be happy .. and the price is ok the way it is.

Why have an extra when they don't break?

I agrea with wizzy and Cher on the removal for new players... Maybe there can be an NPC that buys them but only if it can track to make sure it was picked up by that player and cap it so high lvl players can't use it and new players can't just buy them and resell them...

The bold bit seems unnecessary. We don't do that with anything else sold to NPC. Let anyone sell the removals. I got FR removal from under 100 invasion and found a HS Removal in a bag (eventually sold them to guildies who made bad choices). Where would you put the limit, and how does the game track whether you killed the monster? And what if you killed it in a group?

On topic

And there are still people moving up the game that may eventually buy your NMT - there are still some newbies, and the alts many people have - and I personally would have a second NMT mixed into an NMW if no buyer presented themselves.

oh they do break :pirate: , right Newhope ?

If you are dumb enough to lose an NMT to NH brod (or a casty)then you deserve to have to buy another one... A few lost NMTs here and there from brod or bag poofing is not the best way to remove exses NMTs from the game...

However the comment about new players come ing in and posably needing one is a good reason to not do anything yet but to wait to c what will happen with the new advertising we are getting with the selling of GC from radu

Strange world..

I still don't have extra NMT cape.

Its me again. What if we could trade NMT capes for nexus removals? that way the number of capes in game will drop for sure and its Price will go up. Thank you.

Its me again. What if we could trade NMT capes for nexus removals? that way the number of capes in game will drop for sure and its Price will go up. Thank you.

Radu does this sometimes but I don't think it's a good way to get rid of them normally

Make the NMT breakable like everything else in EL.

AND

Make a new NPC ( or Victor the cape seller in WS) that mixes capes up at a huge fail rate (like 70% chance to lose the item) you take your FR and BP or whatever capes) plus a shop bought coupon to the NPC (about $5 the same price as a rosto prolly) and he makes you a new FRBP (or whatever capes you have combined) cape a way to get loads of capes from game plus makes EL some dollar too, win win :D

capes can be combined however many times you dare :P

possibility to use the saving stone as insurance whilst making capes might be wise also

cons;

cape prices will increase, some drastically

some might call some of the capes OP, i'm thinking a mirror BP NMT camo combo, but you have to remember the huge fail rate at every attempt

Pros;

make the shop extra cash

gets rid of/ uses up a load of ald capes gathering dust in peoples #sto

can make task specific capes ie. exca, MM & FR combo for harvers or Mirror,BP,FRfor fighters etc

Edited by Rokk

Make a new NPC ( or Victor the cape seller in WS) that mixes capes up at a huge fail rate (like 70% chance to lose the item) you take your FR and BP or whatever capes) plus a shop bought coupon to the NPC (about $5 the same price as a rosto prolly) and he makes you a new FRBP (or whatever capes you have combined) cape a way to get loads of capes from game plus makes EL some dollar too, win win :D

capes can be combined however many times you dare :P

possibility to use the saving stone as insurance whilst making capes might be wise also

No. Just... no.

We already have a mechanism for NMT capes to leave the game. The players, that give up once realising that levelling will involve hours of work per day for many years, take them with them. Locked away in their storage. Very few do storage sales.

I have been playing for 6 (?) years and never had a drop. :happy:

I think I paid 330k for mine, years ago.

We already have a mechanism for NMT capes to leave the game. The players, that give up once realising that levelling will involve hours of work per day for many years, take them with them. Locked away in their storage. Very few do storage sales.

That's true, but atm it seems it's not enough since there's not many new players leveling.

Anyway there seems to be 11 NMT capes on bots for sale atm.

Which means that 11 players that does not own a NMT cloak can buy one :) I have 2 NMTs one to keep and one to be mixed into the NMWL cloak unless I somehow lose one.

Which means that 11 players that does not own a NMT cloak can buy one :) I have 2 NMTs one to keep and one to be mixed into the NMWL cloak unless I somehow lose one.

There's no 11 players that would need NMT at this moment and could buy one... And there's more coming ingame (edit: NMT's, not players).

Edited by Miiks

People buy them on their alts.

Edited by Grort

People buy them on their alts.

And that's practically the only way they are sold at this moment :P Luckily it seems there's a few new interested players starting the game, just help them as much as possible to keep them in game.

Worst idea... Did you just reach enough A/D and you started training yetis, knowing you'll get couple more in the near future so you suggested this idea? Because that's what it looks like, if not all the higher level players will do as Cherut said..

Why should NMT price rise? It' fine the way it is right now. There is no rule saying they should be X amount of GC.

Not to mention.. people in general chat were coming up with ideas on how to get noobs to stay ingame.. Idk about you, but raising price of NMT wont help. I go to 60-80 Invance, and only 1-2 ppl have one out of like 20-25.