Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FrozenSolid

New Buffer Spells

Would be great if you had explained in our first sentence what buffer spells are. I don't play other MMOs ..

so .. I do it for you, if I'm wrong please correct me

But to be honest it still meakes no sense to me :confused:

or maybe .. this Buffer .. no wait this is better .. Buffer

I'm kind of excited to find out what the real meaning of this is :blink:

Edited by SolarStar

The problem is spells become failsafe after 28 levels: put buffers at a low level, people with decent magic can do it failsafe with ease. I still think if new spells should be introduced, the level they should be required to be cast should be 55-72, as spells above lvl 50 would be nice, and maximum of level 72 required, because otherwise you need more than level 100 to be failsafe - an area that is fairly unpopulated afaik (prove me wrong!). Cooldown depending on instance tier.... why? The spell system works fine as it is, just requires more spells xD

That's how it is *now* But 28 levels above recommended need not make it failsafe. Alchemy doesn't work that way either. Why should magic?

Magic is a completely different type of skill. One that works completely different from all other skills in EL, so you cannot compare it with other skills. And the magic failsafe system works well. I don't see point of rework. I see point of new spells after level 50.

What about spells that can ONLY be cast at lower levels, giving newer players a way to do something incredibly useful early in? I guess this might just increase the rate of alt creation though?

What if instead of buying sigils to accumulate these buffer spells they are learned like anything else in the game through a rare dropped book... This allows a new at least some what valuable drop for instance monsters or strong mobs what ever. Since to many books are bought from NPCs these days. Also allows for newer players to still be able to use them IF they want to pay for it... There is no minimum level but it has a no fail rate that is preferably higher then anything else we have ( going back to the having a reason to train magic after level 50) so even a noob could use the spell it would just be extremely in effective just like a level 6 Manu trying to make dragon blade. Just another thought and adds a new interesting aspect to magic..... Love to hear those thoughts

You don't have to put the spells to 50+ magic.

Make it available early, but change the strength of the effects based on magic level.

You don't have to put the spells to 50+ magic.

Make it available early, but change the strength of the effects based on magic level.

Once again....the idea is to give more of a reason to train magic after level 50.

Having it at a low level and increasing its strength with higher levels...is the exact same thing as Restore, Mana Drain, Life Drain, Harm etc....I want to train to be able to do some thing that I could NOT do before. I dont understand the obsession with allowing the lower levels to use these spells...If you need to be buffed to kill a cyclops.... or ne other mob <120 for that matter you should be playing a different game...cause your terrible..... It would be to over powered at those levels any ways.

I can not kill a Yeti and 10/10 a/d, so i train it so i can.....I cant make blue dragon armor at manu level 5 so i train it till i can....but if i can use every goddam spell at noob levels....again i ask you WHATS THE POINT

Edited by FrozenSolid

A big +1 on this from the Summoners!

Summoning eats mana big time and having a mage be able to restoring mana remotly would be a major help! :icon13:

Ingame Name: JRats

for example i would like to see spells like slow (ice bolt or so), some area spells (chain lightning? armagedon? :D ...) and some other combat spells during we have there protections against fire, ice, radio... but we have weapons only, not spells :\ mage immunity breaking spells, or at least nerfing or some mage barrier breaker <chance to get through> or so...