Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreyElf

Boxed in At EVTR Iron

A real crowd at the 1 lump of iron ore in the EVTR mine. (18th day of Chimar, 2:00 to 3:30). I wish there was a couple more lumps of iron ore in here.

There used to be. It was reduced to one lump so people would go harvest elsewhere too :). Naralik catacombs has iron and it's not too far away from naralik storage. SRM has iron as well.

Edited by hussam

Iirc, there was a guild event going on yesterday (not from IRON, bw).

Perhaps an idea to hold those elsewhere:

there's not too much walking to and fro with those normally, so distance to store

isn't that important. That means there's a lot of other locations available. SRM and

Naralik are already mentioned, there's KJ (outdoors), Bethel feros cave, NC north

cave (NOT the PK one), or even CC in DP.

why would you harvest on a place thats shittier?

just add more ores, wtf :/

why would you harvest on a place thats shittier?

just add more ores, wtf :/

because it's quieter, so less interference from others? Or because

you have other stuff nearby that you need as well for your project?

Or are those projects just to get X iron ores harvested? We usually

did them to get either essences or bars, and then EVTR is not the

best place.

(And if you add more ores, the sulphur harvers are going

to complain they can't get out any more :^) )

@Maxine: you're right, north is PK.. Wiki gives same time for both though

First, please stop listing the places with iron ore. We have that list on wiki and is much better detailed. Here it is:

http://el-wiki.net/Iron_ore

Second, i found EVTR the best place for several reasons:

-ring portal close to storage

-pickaxe shop close to storage

-iron ore close to storage

And the last, but not the least, you have the closest iron ore to the storage. It's actually 35 seconds closer than the second place, so if you do your math than you will find out that with a 200 iron ore load per trip you will need 35 trips to store 7k iron ore(enough for 1k iron bars). 70 seconds per trip, 35 trips adds up to about 41 minutes shorter than the second best option.

So these are the facts and few more iron lumps would be great.

Even with large numbers at ore, it's still quite possible to harv without too much difficulty, the odd shuffle to let someone out is all that's needed

Hey guys, this is not such a bad issue with me, you get free in less than 10 seconds usually. So yes, it's very possible to harvest without much difficulty and you don't need any rings. But it was still a suggestion and i found it a good suggestion because it happened to me few times. If you say it can't be done, or is hard to do it, or is not a good idea for some reasons than i understand. But this thread goes like this:

Your car's break don't work very well and you take your car to the mechanic? And he starts telling you:

- but you have another car and you don't need this one.

- but you don't even need a car, you can take the bus, the train, the taxi, the bicycle...

- but it works fine if you keep your speed really low

- but you can start breaking sooner and it's just the same.

I don't want to be mean here. I know how it is to be overwhelmed with work or how it is when somebody wants too much from you. But if this is the case just say it so. You might not see it, but it's constructive attitude:)

I agree that adding some more lumps of ore could solve the problem for the iron. But it's also a popular spot for sulphur. Adding iron at the wrong side could lead to

blocks on both harvestables.

Also, this is another example of "We feel there's a problem, let's change the game to remove it". From what I've understood from the link Nardo posted, a number of

ores have been removed from that spot. I don't see any mention of changed circumstances that would make it logical to put back the removed ores. So getting

ores added doesn't seem too likely.

And in any case, any change to the number of ores probably can't happen before next client update, as the map will have to be changed (it's not just a server-side

change). With that in mind (and the number of questions in game that have an answer in wiki or CEL), a reminder of other possibilities for guild projects seemed

reasonable.

Fwiw, I've about 500k iron on counters, and very little (if any) of that is from EVTR.That is because I prefer other spots where I can mix. So it's not as if EVTR is the

only viable spot for iron ore. (and no, you don't have to leave big bags around while you haul ingredients from one spot to the other, though that might be a bit

faster).

A real crowd at the 1 lump of iron ore in the EVTR mine. (18th day of Chimar, 2:00 to 3:30). I wish there was a couple more lumps of iron ore in here.

You were victim of a flashmob GreyElf ;)

Can we do

in EL ? or
? :medieval: Edited by SolarStar

lol loved the flashmob comment. dont give certain red tagged guilds any ideas.

yea not a big problem. I tried to stay on the outside of the crowd.

true about not having events at EVTR mine. it was my guild that was having the harv event there. closest to storage!

While the idea of adding a couple more spots of iron is good, I think the suggestion for guilds to hold guild events somewhere else has at least as much merit. Just as a courtesy to regular harvers at that spot, I think it would be better for guilds to use one of the other spots (SRM seems a good one to me, lots of room, still pretty close to sto). Even if people are not afk and are willing to move, get enough guildies in that spot and nobody else would be able to use it at all.

This is the fastest, safe spot I know of for iron. Harvesting iron is my current job and I'm not leaving the spot. Having only one iron won't get others to leave either.

Edited by dark_wizzie1