Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

[Very minimal] Eternal Lands client for Android

Hello, i tested on galaxy s2, and i got same view like cabman with black background.

Anyhow i wish you the best with this work, looks promising :)

Thanks. Don't forget the use of the settings button on your phone:)

More will come in 1-2 weeks. Since the last time i managed to create the interface for the inventory and the storage and i added the players around you. I am working on opening the sto windows atm. after i'll finish with the storage interaction i will make the map zoomable, fix the bugs posted here and hopefully post another apk. Unfortunately my graphic skills are kind of low and and sometimes they make me feel sorry for my work. But maybe somebody more talented will help me with that:)

works

works nicely on my Galaxy S (I)

same here

well done! always wanted a chat client like this for my phone, too bad i dont play EL as much

iOS capable maybe? Idk if this is even possible... would love to have on iPhone though (primary phone)

Same, I just got an iPhone for work purposes because the apps we use only work on iPhone/iPad... If this was useable on iPhone that would be sweet!!!

Either way great job, if not real soon this is a huge step to getting the full game on all phones and that's amazing

Edited by Orick

Short answer is that natively you can't because native applications for android are written in Java and for iOS in Obj-C. But there are projects that enables you to run java apps on iOS. I have never used any and i don't have any iOS device, but you can have a look at these:

http://anyphonesoftware.blogspot.ro/2012/04/how-to-run-android-apk-games-apps-on.html

http://www.in-the-box.org/

http://www.iphodroid.com/

Making progress:

- showing other players - monsters not included.

- showing inventory

- storage usage

- zoomable map

- harvesting, ofc

Before publishing a new apk i need to fix the current bugs

- sideout keyboard crashes the client (stronze)

- Dung was a staff looking icon (stronze)

- Pl sto entrance doesnt have a door to get inside (stronze)

- Pl gen store doesnt have entrance door.(stronze)

- remove android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE (usul)

- in PV one of the farms is growing potions(Affliction)

- allowing more instances of the game(Stronze)

Things that are not bugs:

- My food bar shows 47 (The max I can get is 55) however the bar looks like it goes all the way up to 100.(Spinder)

I hardcoded max food to 100 because the server doesn't tell that. On the official client you have an option to adjust max food and maybe that's what i'll implement in the future.

- I can't change to post in a different channel.(Affliction)

Well, you can using #jc and #lc. Something better is not yet implemented, but i plan to do it(one step at a time)

I intend to keep the game running even in background(if you press the home button). But android might decide to kill the game process(and in my experience it usually does) and have a bad state of the game when returning. Fixing this proves challenging and i will not fix it now.

I hope i haven't missed anything and please let me know if you have found other bugs:D

I am able to use this on a Samsung Exhibit II. I just downloaded the updated version, but it seems the same as the previous release. I can walk, change maps/enter buildings (in some places). I can't harvest and I still don't see other people. I can eat food though. I guess so far it's good for chat and regaining action points if you can't really play.

So far great work! I look forward to each new little addition!

Zephlix, you mean the marker on the map? The source code will not be resealed atm.

Elveron, there is no updated version:D. I need to finish all the stuff i put there in a post and i will give the updated version.

I'm using a 3rd party and i need to read the license(if any:D). Also i need to think if i want a special license for the code. Should i allow it in commercial applications? Should i allow it for other games? I just need to give it a think, that's all.

Zephlix, you mean the marker on the map? The source code will not be resealed atm.

Elveron, there is no updated version:D. I need to finish all the stuff i put there in a post and i will give the updated version.

yes. my wife ellora was trying to enter tg sto and we could not find the marker to click on to enter storage.

was thinking it may be there, but my screen is small, we use Samsung mesmerize, the ability you have to zoom out in your next update might make it visible. we just wanted to let you know we were unable to find the entrance to tg sto to be able to enter in actor view.

maybe if someone else can also look to confirm?

Edited by Zephlix

There were doors not displaying. I made updates on that and i just checked the one on tg store and it shows. It doesn't look like in the right place but it shows:D.