Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

[Very minimal] Eternal Lands client for Android

This client was made by Domino. You can PM him in game or post here.

So far you can only chat and walk around, but more will come. You can change between map view, console view, and 'actor view' where you can see people around you and some objects such as resources and ship icons. You can download it from here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/eternal_lands_android.apk

Please submit bug reports, ideas, thanks and stuff here.

You should try and get this on Google Play. That way it would be easier to roll out updates

Edit: Think I found a possible bug. My food bar shows 47 (The max I can get is 55) however the bar looks like it goes all the way up to 100.

Edited by Spinder

Fyi; back button logs you out. home key will keep you logged in, but when you go back into app, you get logon screen again and crashes if you choose to login.

Yes, back button logs you out, that's the expected behavior, to gracefully quit. I've also noticed the crash when going back to the app. It's a pretty alpha version so far, so it has some quirks.

I was in PL sto and can't see anything but 3 doors and white quartz.

I hit home key and no client is blck screen.

Force closing app fixed it.

Only box that works is send text

Edited by Stronze

Tested on andriod tablet.

Worked smoothed.

Only issue is i cant find the app after i close it.

I saw an @3 massage but it only showed name and message.

It didnt dispaly the @3.

Also being in pl sto, i didnt see anyone other markers repsenting people.

I tried to harvest flowers but next to gen sto but nothing happened.

Dung was a staff looking icon

Pl sto entrance doesnt have a door to get inside

Pl gen store doesnt have entrance door.

i just started toying with my tablet so im still figuring out how to us it but i cant seem to find where to launch el

Think I found a possible bug. My food bar shows 47 (The max I can get is 55) however the bar looks like it goes all the way up to 100.

If you have the big belly perk than your max food is 100. But there is nothing that tells me what's your max food so i just hardcode it to 100. The official client has an option where you can specify the max food. I also intend to add a window with settings and this is going to be one of them.

i just started toying with my tablet so im still figuring out how to us it but i cant seem to find where to launch el

You should find an EL icon when you go to All apps. Maybe you have the applications listed in alphabetic order and you have to go to letter E.

Dung was a staff looking icon

Ok, one thing to look into it. I had to manually map the 3d objects to corresponding 2d images so this is one mistake. Please let me know if you find more like these. I think on IP at the vegetables you also see fruits. This is because the same 3d object is used to harvest both fruits and vegetables, but on my client i just display the 2d image of one of them. I can correct this by manually changing the icon.

Pl sto entrance doesnt have a door to get inside

Pl gen store doesnt have entrance door.

Indeed they don't. Seems like i have more to work to get the maps right:). Thanks for telling.

Now just clarifications:

Back button logs you out(unless is closing a pop up - chat is the only pop up so far).

Home button keeps the application running in background, but android might end the application if he decides so. When you go back the application is started again, but the connection is lost so you have something nonfunctional. I have to start all over with the application's lifecycle and make it wright. Please be patience with this one and let me know if you have any suggestions.

If there is something that you don't see than most likely is not implemented(ch number, other peoples...):)

Hi Domino,

I wanted to test your apk on my tablet, but stopped before installation.

Why do you need Android Permissions android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE (Read Phone State and Identity) granted?

I think this is absolutely not needed for this kind of application.

Usul

Zoom into the map would be nice. I can't. tried on Galaxy Note I. And in Charachterview the map looks very empty and no other players are visible for me. But thnx for this work.

äöu doesnt work too.

And where i can find the source?

Edited by DerSachse

Why do you need Android Permissions android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE (Read Phone State and Identity) granted?

I think this is absolutely not needed for this kind of application.

You are right and i checked why this is happening. Seems like androids adds this permission by default, but i think it can be removed. Thanks.

I wanted to test your apk on my tablet, but stopped before installation.

Did you accepted the permission and it crashed? If so, can you tell me what android version you have?

Zoom into the map would be nice. I can't. tried on Galaxy Note I. And in Charachterview the map looks very empty.

I'll make the map zoomable. The character view is minimal, as the entire client. I don't really intend to make a full client, i intent to have a functional client that can work on a phone. Maybe somewhere in future i will improve it.

You are right and i checked why this is happening. Seems like androids adds this permission by default, but i think it can be removed. Thanks.

You can prevent this by using API Version >= 4 in SDK. If you use Version 8 then 99% of all Andriod devices will work.

Did you accepted the permission and it crashed? If so, can you tell me what android version you have?

No I didnt accept. I love my privacy. I'll go on testing when you have changed this. ;)

Usul

I tried todo bymyself to write an androidclient, bu i was to lazy, i am in idle :P

An idea was to make the screen as a splitscreen or so. 3/4 the Map, and 1/4 the nearest area. Like the original with minimap, only the other way round (sorry for my crappy english). So you dont have to switch between screens.

Btw, is there any descripton of the elm file=?

Btw, is there any descripton of the elm file=?

Not really, but you can check map_io.h and map_io.c to understand the format. First there is header that has the exact structure and order as map_header structure defined at the bottom of map_io.h. After you read the header you read the tile map and you use

int tile_map_x_len;

int tile_map_y_len;

int tile_map_offset;

from the header. Than you have heightmap(6*6 times bigger than the tilemap) followed by 2d objects, 3d objects and other stuff. Just look at the map header and do_load_map function in map_io.c and you will get the format.

Tested on my mobile phone . It works nicely . I was able to log only when I used wifi and not through 3g mobile internet . When i tried with mobile internet connection it crashed .

Edited by anemone

So I logged on the client on my Asus Transformer tablet. Running android 4.1

Logging in is fine. But the only chat I can see is my active channel and #gm's . I am only able to post in the active channel, but I can't change to post in a different channel.

Also, just in my walking around inside the wall at PV. one of the farms is growing potions. lol. And the map is a little off. When at the storage it looks like I am out in the water about 4 tiles. .

Also, Players, bots, npc's, and monsters are not showing up at all. It might be nice if there was a color'd dot for each type. No need for names, it'd just be nice to know if I am standing in a crowd or all alone. or if I'm walking by a monster. Like people could be white dots, bots- blue, -npc green, monster - red

Good job so far! The working features run smoothly on my device.

Edited by Affliction

I found the location of apps. Couldn't figure out where it was on my tablet but awesome work so far

Also it works fine on my 3g connection

Edited by Stronze

The client works on the main server. I am not sure why in some cases it doesn't work on a 3g connection but so far i think it's because of the 3g provider. I will look into it more.