Eternal Lands Official Forums
BruSu

Harv Tutorial

and another thing: there are afaik already 2 players who finished the tutorial and now all the others are waiting for a special day to cash it in. I think it would be nice when the fastest Questers would get at least the same xp reward as the others will get : 3x the harv xp

Or the other way: these reward should nor profit of special days.

Most quests are expensive to do ,so taking some extra exp in a special day isn't that bad . When you do a tutorial like harvesting you can wait for a stakhanov and not cash in the quest, since you already know from the title of the quest it is gonna give you harvesting exp .

Edited by anemone

Remember, you are wasting no money on this quest either, especially since the NPC isn't even taking the upper level harvest stuff. So while the times might be a little annoying, it's pretty much pure experience profit.

Remember, you are wasting no money on this quest either, especially since the NPC isn't even taking the upper level harvest stuff. So while the times might be a little annoying, it's pretty much pure experience profit.

Apart from the price for the books, which is quite substantial. I, for example, never needed to harvest rare metals, yet I'm reading all the mining books (several tens of kgcs), so it's not so pure xp profit per say :)

Apart from the price for the books, which is quite substantial. I, for example, never needed to harvest rare metals, yet I'm reading all the mining books (several tens of kgcs), so it's not so pure xp profit per say :)

Yes, yes, but after reading all those books, you will become a better person, even a better harvester, so you profit from that harvester quest, not only from the XP, but too from the knowledge.

So you can only win by doing that quest :)

Piper

Yes, yes, but after reading all those books, you will become a better person, even a better harvester, so you profit from that harvester quest, not only from the XP, but too from the knowledge.

So you can only win by doing that quest :)

Piper

Well, since I'm only one book short of being able to harvest every ore/mineral/plant, I guess there is a point in that :D

Well you could do quest on no books day. After being 'scammed' (in my opinion) by two engineering quests - one which makes you read almost every book to complete it but get nothing special at end (no Bad Day Removal Stone or even an achievement and the other where I turn in a perfectly working Scythe to get response basically stating "Will give you reward when I get to it" I have decided to do many of my quests on "No Books" day so I do not flush the gc down the toilet. Already got the 300 books achievement so reading one book for one quest makes no sense.

Ah. I did not notice tha hours were actually 61 minutes. Well then....24.0*60.0/61.0 = 23.606557377049182 EL hours in a day. That means an offset of (24.0*60.0/61.0 -23)*61

37.0 EL minutes per real life day. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Actually, it only shifts by about 15 minutes per day, Greystar's sample is too small. I only have a small play-window on weekdays during which I try to do my dailies, over the course of a week it shifts to nearly two hours later, sometimes meaning I need to skip dailies for a day since it shifts out of my play window, not that nice.

Well, he calculated his shift the wrong way:

4 EL days would be ~24 min. longer than one RL day, so you would end up ~24 min earlier in the EL day after 24 RL hours.

But that assumes it's indeed a 61/60 ratio. If EL's minutes are a bit under 61 RL seconds, it wouldn't show up in Elke's

list over only 5 h.

But the important thing is that there is a shift, so in theory the quest is doable even for those with a fixed time window for playing

(doable, it's not going to be fun if you don't know the time windows.)

i do not understand why there is a problem if someone wants to post the walkthrough or someone wants to read about the quest , its not something that can be decided for anyone.

Edited by Sithis

I think all quests should be totally impossible to complete under any circumstances.

But seriously. This has been an interesting quest, and it has reminded me of some harvestable locations which I had forgotten. Finally glad to see something extra for those who spent a lot of pp on inorganic nexus. It makes sense when you consider that for the same reason I can harvest everything, I find it difficult to finish fighting quests, and impossible (currently) to finish others. This seems fair and balanced.