Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cityhero

pr0 instance lost its worth

The specifics ideas we came up with are here:

1. Remove need for enters, make it so you WANT to go with more people for better loot

a. Require specific number of hours to get in for the whole team.

e.g. Make it so 5*160 = 800 hours are needed for the whole team. So if you go in with

4, you need 200 hours each, if 3 270 ea, if 2, 400 etc.

b. More mobs if more people there

c. Make mobs have rare drop chance like in invasions (so there is a real benefit to having

more mobs & more people)

d. Lower the dependence on rare drops from bosses for profit (higher minimum boss mob gc drop)

e. If there is a cutoff of # of people (3 atm) make it so you don’t tele out, but no mobs will

spawn unless there are enough people. If someone lags out and comes back the

mobs will then spawn again.

2. Make each wave more random.

a. More than 1 type of mob.

b. Ranging mobs and melee mobs in same wave.

c. Some brick feeders like wt/bears and profitables like nasps/acs

3. Add teleport pads periodically...walking 15 min muling sucks

4. Make bula unpinabble

Questions, comments, flames?

Rabbitman

That looks pretty good to me.

Rabbitman, you know me well and you know I will say how I feel. You claim you are trying to help the EL community. Yet all of your recent suggestions or them you have been a part of have done nothing except screw the higher level players. WTF, Pr0 instances, Capped invasions just to name a few. You are farming an instance daily and want to help the el community where are all the oranges you got? If you want to help then give back Im sure the global could use some. Try focusing on your level group a little more and the higher one a little less. Or level up and join us, In the long run you will see you are only screwing yourself

Wow... Now I totally agree with radus changes...

Unless you have been in game and know what has been going on I dont see where you can say this :)

My post was honest and to the point, opinion shared by many

First, Rabbitman, why you hijack topic, and start bragging your skills on other insta level? And Orick; I never seen ppl solo (all) naspas on insta, that would be real waste of resources, even it's possible, and ACs only if all of team are fighters. Anyway, someone asked wave experience; We had yesterday morning 25 LDB, 65 Naspa, 3 Blues, 3 Jegos, 2 Bulas, and we managed to finish, but we had Dre tanking,and we took lot extra arrows just in case. Atm, there is ~15 top char who can tank Blues well, those same who also do it always on invance. Before changes we was able to do it without ubber tank,with normal, no negged char like me,and the challenge was quite balanced. Now you must always get some of those top 15 list to your team. After all, what i trying to say, now normal chars got extremely hard times in there, causing many ppl being reluctant to go anymore :(

Edited by Littlebig

I'm 170s a/d with all pk perks and capped attributes and never get invited to instance. Maybe now one of u pricks will invite me :P. and now that u need me ill tell u NO! I'm glad instance was changed :).

1. None of the waves were altered, they are just more random (ie. it is possible to get new stuff)

2. What is the problem with BDs? They can be ranged by lower level players, so long as they have a decent ranging skill and high AP. So you don't need 170+ players, you just need more rangers.

3. I even added a MB so there are better drops on average.

4. I never intended instances to be for farming, they were intended for diversity, fun, exp, teamwork and SOME gain. They weren't meant so that people will spend all their time there farming them.

If you want, I can increase the BD instance drops a little to compensate a bit more for the arrows. But I am not going to add variable number of monsters for the number of players, because I don't want 3 player teams again. Oh, and you still have the WTF instance for occasional farming.

I'm 170s a/d with all pk perks and capped attributes and never get invited to instance. Maybe now one of u pricks will invite me :P. and now that u need me ill tell u NO! I'm glad instance was changed :).

<3

1. None of the waves were altered, they are just more random (ie. it is possible to get new stuff)

2. What is the problem with BDs? They can be ranged by lower level players, so long as they have a decent ranging skill and high AP. So you don't need 170+ players, you just need more rangers.

3. I even added a MB so there are better drops on average.

4. I never intended instances to be for farming, they were intended for diversity, fun, exp, teamwork and SOME gain. They weren't meant so that people will spend all their time there farming them.

If you want, I can increase the BD instance drops a little to compensate a bit more for the arrows. But I am not going to add variable number of monsters for the number of players, because I don't want 3 player teams again. Oh, and you still have the WTF instance for occasional farming.

All great reasons of change...

You say you won't add a monster to player variable for lowering the amount of monsters but are you open to adding it for if you have more players? Maybe make it so each wave there is 10 active people In the instance that wave has a chance of a %20 increase in monsters spawned...

It might turn out to never be used or a bad idea but it might just turn out to be a lil more fun for those who don't harvest instances... And if someone abuses it then remove that option

The problem is still that blue drags require a big amount of PK arrows spent ...

You do not take any training arrows with you ?

Let's say you need 400 PK-Arrows to kill a blue dragon. If you replace 100 arrows with training arrows then you can cut down the cost to 82% !

And for the HE part.. You could rely more on engineering items. That poor tank :(

Blue dragons take ~175-200 pka each for rangers with er and nice levels. Icies take ~70-100 pka ea. So needing to plan for 4 blue dragons requires an additional 400 pka for most teams.

That in mind, the bluD should drop at least 7kgc worth in stuff (not including the scale imo, since there isn't an exit strategy for them yet)

To take training arrows makes no sense IMO. The amount of damage they do is nothing compared to pka. If you're thinking to use up the pd keep in mind ever shot don't use them up. It's very hard to know what amount of arrows you will need to take in. You might get 1 blue or you might get 4. I do think the drop needs to be increased for the blue. Like stated right now there is almost no use for the scales. There are hundreds on the market and I know people have many in storage. Many blues in invasions, invance and instances. Perhaps radu can come up with a use for the scales to help with this. Unlike many of you believe instances have not been about the gc to most for a long time. When they were put in game sure the holams sold for 120k. We do a lot of 5 man instances not because we have to but because we enjoy doing them with smaller players. We do them for fun, our team cam do them because of the tanks we have sadly the changes make it so others can't.

Luci you have been on a few instances with me afaik with what you have told me you honestly have no desire in the fighting aspect of the game now :).

Radu if you could increase the blue drops that would be great and like I said find a use for the scales. Also the Nasps were important because of the supplies they dropped. Maybe if there are 3 blues for the 3rd wave have Nasps for the 2nd to help cover the 3 blues supplies :)

And for the HE part.. You could rely more on engineering items. That poor tank :(

I am thinking you mean stacking poison caltrop damage. Luring mobs over those with a bow would make sense, I guess.

To take training arrows makes no sense IMO.

There is one and only one reason I can think of for training arrows in an instance/invance/invasion. The arrows could be used to lure mobs or make them flee. No comment on if people will respect you any for using them for that, but in the right situation it could save a rosto.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Training arrows/bolts can be used on Blue Dragons to strip arrow protection; I have used those in invances once or twice after asking a mod in game if it was acceptable user. Not idea on instances since I have only gone as extra and while I have used training arrows/bolts in invasions it was in someplace near storage with dragons or other creatures trapped (i.e. shooting from WV bridges or at dragons on boats.