Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cityhero

pr0 instance lost its worth

So after a short period of this new update on pr0 I can only say one thing... why did it have to be changed and why didnt we have some discussion about how it could be changed?

Ive seen most team that have gone now and end up with a gc amount that make this pr0 thing not worth doing anymore...

Ofc there might be some that disagree, that its more entertaining with hardship of completing it but it was one of

those fun and entertaining way u could actually make gc in this game.. not spending countless hours on some spawn farming like hell.

Before this update (Ive calculated this by the average drop rate) we got about 30k each (4 man) at the lowest which is ok but not good when u

calc in the arrows, the red scales needed to lower time from 0 - 150h etc etc.

Now with this update u wont even cover these expenses by a long shot, so whats the fun of that? Spending more gc to do something thats

meant to provide it.

So one way to solve this is to increase the drop rate of the mobs for instance purposes only, little blue drags drop shit but drain up alot of hes/srs,

make some rare drops like those of acw could provide atleast something, and for god sake remove pds on blues in instance... main reason for the very low

gc u get from an instance is that u need to use more arrows cause of blues.

So hope we could atleast have some discussion about how this could be changed to be entertaining again. And ofc this is my opinion but spoke with alot

that have done it and most agree to it.

Edited by Cityhero

I have been to this new instance as a 7 man team and it was just ridiculous not even a 1gc profit. Yes i might be greedy talking about the gc but the fact is it doesnt cover any costs to even have the fun. There may have been some people who try to solo this but should the other pr0s have the same suffering? I have never seen any high lvl chars doing it solo its mainly the lower lvls who try it. We as high lvl ppl actually enjoy taking lower lvls with us and go through this instance they will learn in the process and get better from time to time and for them gc wasteage is just as big as for the pr0s (i actually enjoy watching them grow). In my opinon i think we should have the old waves back and solo instancing should be monitored.

It's not doable anymore to 140+ A/Ds,(in sensible costs) now its rather 160 a/d;s instance, i bet it become now much less popular, only for very top chars:/

What are all the changes made?

Instances were made to be done after a waiting time so the waiting time reduction cost should not be a part of your calculation...

As far as a 7 man team not making profit... They didn't make profit before the update why do you think they would make one after?

I do agree that a 7 man team not making a profit in the first place and in the update is rediculis... I think the min enter should be changed to 1 and the least able to continue changed to 1 then change the drop rate to be flexible to the amount of active members in the instance... Make it so people who don't fight 80% of the creatures don't count for the drop rate... Maybe drop that % for pr0 instance sense most players solo fight ACs and nasps but then group fight the rest... Also I think each wave needs creatures added to they that are normally trained by people in those lvls... Aka add about 50 total of feros/ft/yeti to each of all 5 waves of the 100120...

Edited by Orick

Ever play a role playing game at a table with actual people? If you have, you may have noticed the game master calculating how many critters of what level he needs to have in the encounters or making some have good/bad luck.

I was looking forward to doing the pr0 with friends, since I cannot do the 120-140 anymore, now I am not going to bother, this isnt fun, just frustrating.

We did a 7 man purely because we enjoy doing things with a guild team. Atleast one player is 120's.

Our waves were

70 acw

1blue dragon

3 blue dragons

3jegos

1mb

With that had we not had 4 160s we would not have finished blue dragons take alot of arrows . We meleed the mb. We didn't expect a huge profit going with 7 but not knowing what to expect we decided to try it. Had we went with 4 like most do there is no way we would have finished.

Ive heard of one other chance of waves and I'm curious as to others. So I would like you guys to share what random waves you got please

As much as i enjoy doing instances and i love the good gc drops i do not agree with Kiryu. It's not meant to be farmed if it was meant there wouldnt be any cooldown on hours.

Instance should be about doing something else in game and if profit comes along its welcome.

peace out

I don't like the changes. I think it have taken any fun away from the instance. For years now I've taken smaller a/d people into the Instance to allow them to have fun and learn.

Why should they have to pay now for the stupidity of a few players who farm with very few people. I'm sure there could of been a better way to end doing this instance with a smaller team.

I'll protest this instance and this game will not get any rosto from me being in this instance. And yes i did still loose rostos the way it was before. Hell i lost 2 in one instance last week.

Why have something in game that says 140+ when someone who is below 150's or even 160's has no chance. And don't give me the teamwork crap that people like to toss around. I'm not much of a large team player and many people don't like hanging around with many larger tanks.

I can go on for a hour of how frustrated i am about how negative this change is for the common player. And how this has taken away

one good thing that was still fun. By Common player i don't mean the jackass that goes in with 3 people cause of greed. But the people who take others in to have fun.

Make it very expensive to reduce time, so there is no excessive farming.

Take away reducing time all together but make it so you only have to wait 3 ingame days for another chance to go...

The problem is still that blue drags require a big amount of PK arrows spent and this amount u rarely get if the blue drag replaces the nasp for example and u only get 1 bula at the end which on average drop crap anyway.

For a tank doing a blue there is a huge risk wasting alot of hes/srs (I know, ive tanked a few myself with plent of rangers around) not to mention rostos and there are few that can tank these things decent with so few rangers.

Some friends and I started to discuss how instances could be made more fun, and encourage us to go with larger teams.

The specifics ideas we came up with are here:

1. Remove need for enters, make it so you WANT to go with more people for better loot

a. Require specific number of hours to get in for the whole team.

e.g. Make it so 5*160 = 800 hours are needed for the whole team. So if you go in with

4, you need 200 hours each, if 3 270 ea, if 2, 400 etc.

b. More mobs if more people there

c. Make mobs have rare drop chance like in invasions (so there is a real benefit to having

more mobs & more people)

d. Lower the dependence on rare drops from bosses for profit (higher minimum boss mob gc drop)

e. If there is a cutoff of # of people (3 atm) make it so you don’t tele out, but no mobs will

spawn unless there are enough people. If someone lags out and comes back the

mobs will then spawn again.

2. Make each wave more random.

a. More than 1 type of mob.

b. Ranging mobs and melee mobs in same wave.

c. Some brick feeders like wt/bears and profitables like nasps/acs

3. Add teleport pads periodically...walking 15 min muling sucks

4. Make bula unpinabble

Questions, comments, flames?

Rabbitman

Edited by Rabbitman

Rabbitman what does the 120-140 instance have to do with this topic? just stop right now to be honest, you don't even do pr0 instances regularly like I do and a few others. I also do not like the changes and i am 170s defense.

- soLo

Rabbitman what does the 120-140 instance have to do with this topic? just stop right now to be honest, you don't even do pr0 instances regularly like I do and a few others. I also do not like the changes and i am 170s defense.

- soLo

I believe radu changed this instance because he wanted to change 120-140 but didn't want to make 120-140 harder than 120-200. So he changed 120-200 to make it much harder to give himself more wiggle room to change the 120-140. If you could look past the specifics, and more at the general idea you would be able to see how this might apply to both instances. If the instance needs to be harder, why not add more mobs and/or more types of mobs instead of just making the mobs harder? I would rather you read the list of ideas and think about it before posting that I have no idea what I am talking about.

In example, why not make the first wave have the chance to spawn some number of acs & giants & red dragons? all should be able to be meleed by people in the range if they are high enough a/d, or manageable with a team of lower levels. (So maybe 50 acs spawned, 15 giants, and 5 rd or 60 ac, 10 giants, 8 rd..etc)

The problem is you don't do the pr0 instance as much as i do... so therefore you shouldn't even give ideas. You are too busy soloing the 120-140 and livestreaming it then bragging about it after you are done.

- soLo

Rabbitman, you know me well and you know I will say how I feel. You claim you are trying to help the EL community. Yet all of your recent suggestions or them you have been a part of have done nothing except screw the higher level players. WTF, Pr0 instances, Capped invasions just to name a few. You are farming an instance daily and want to help the el community where are all the oranges you got? If you want to help then give back Im sure the global could use some. Try focusing on your level group a little more and the higher one a little less. Or level up and join us, In the long run you will see you are only screwing yourself

The oranges from my solo instances have been given as gifts to the friends who helped me with muling.

As you wish, I will not make suggestions regarding 120-200 instance at this time. Good luck getting it changed to your liking.

SO what I'm gathering are that Blues in instance are absoloute pains to kill, even with rangers, and that this prevents lower level people going in, because if your gonna have to melee a big mob, you want a few higher a/d players...

Damn :( Not like it's hard to convince groups to let you, as a lower lvl person, enter instance group, regardless of range, now you basicly forcing them to if they want a profit :(

I'm not a farmer, and I only use RD scales when I need to instance a day earlier due to RL stuff. Tough luck guys :pinch:

Rabbitman, you know me well and you know I will say how I feel. You claim you are trying to help the EL community. Yet all of your recent suggestions or them you have been a part of have done nothing except screw the higher level players. WTF, Pr0 instances, Capped invasions just to name a few. You are farming an instance daily and want to help the el community where are all the oranges you got? If you want to help then give back Im sure the global could use some. Try focusing on your level group a little more and the higher one a little less. Or level up and join us, In the long run you will see you are only screwing yourself

Wow... Now I totally agree with radus changes...