Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dark_wizzie1

Buy Slots

Just throwing it out here.

What do you guys think of items slots (inventory or storage slots) that can be bought from the EL shop? I'd be open to one extra armor slot up for purchase to, maybe a ring slot? Even if people are worried about 'overpoweredness' of the slots (you can nerf the rings if it's too good), extra storage slots is not overpowered at all in my opinion.

One extra idea I came across: What if we could make a high level potion that gives us temporary cape of the Unbreakable effect? Anybody protected with Unbreakable effect is instantly recognized as having the protection, so nobody broads them.

Tell me what you think!

Thanks. :)

EDIT:

New suggestions, hooray!

Order the books we can read by categories or alphabetical order? The current list is a nightmare to browse through.

I don't understand the current system used to keep track of harvesting xp per hour. Why do it per player and track what time they logged in? I'd much prefer a system that resets everybody's harvest count every hour at the same time, that way when I log in at 1:01, I don't punch the computer (I'm not that distressed, but you get my point :D )

Edited by dark_wizzie1

I agree although if it being paid for with real money it should be 600 slots so u will never have to worry about running out of room.

It is always clothes that get dumped first, which is a shame twice becuase EL is less colorfull when peeples stores fill they ditch clothes, and as a budding tailor that is my trade being ditched

A search of forums popped up http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=56512, which had a discussion

about increasing the number of storage slots, and there was a good technical reason it wasn't done. But at the end of the day,

only radu can tell us whether it is at all possible to increase the number of slots w/o resetting every one's storage.

I agree that more slots are needed. However, I do not think that you should have to pay for them all. I think that storage should be updated from 300 to 400 slots and give players the option to purchase 200 more slots from the shop possibly in 100 slot increments. As items are added to the game, dresses and other clothes, storage should have been an updated that was also added. I ran out of room some time ago and have been dumping clothes but soon i will have to dump other items. If more slots are not added soon all the effort that went into adding the new Tailoring items will be wasted effort. When it comes down to it most will chose armor/weapons over clothes.

I know I run out of storage slots from time to time and so do some of my higher level guildmates.

If rings could be equipped, that would be an interesting addition, but currently there is no such option. I always miss the picture of a dude in gear or picture of the gear arranged as it would be if worn whenever I look at the equipment slots. I don't really think this should be something that has to be bought. I think rings with enchantments that help you (besides one shots) and that little equipment layout picture would just be a natural progression for the game. Both of those are everywhere but in EL, it seems.

I know I run out of storage slots from time to time and so do some of my higher level guildmates.

If rings could be equipped, that would be an interesting addition, but currently there is no such option. I always miss the picture of a dude in gear or picture of the gear arranged as it would be if worn whenever I look at the equipment slots. I don't really think this should be something that has to be bought. I think rings with enchantments that help you (besides one shots) and that little equipment layout picture would just be a natural progression for the game. Both of those are everywhere but in EL, it seems.

As far as I know there is no sets of armor/weps/clothing you can equip more of 8 items at a time anyway... More equipment slots would be pointless... More storage slots on the other hand I think would help a lot of people... Also I am + 1 for charging RL money for upgrades

Sounds like a good idea but I still wonder how the hell you guys fill it all up. I've got loads of stuff in sto I don't use and still never exceeded 150 slots filled :lurker:

To inv and equipment slots - Inv would mean certain chars would be much more use in instance (accuracy potions xD) and equipment slots... are you suggesting wearing two torso's or two cloaks or what? Wouldn't be fair anyhow.

Saw Orick post,

Also I am + 1 for charging RL money for upgrades

Free to Play game... please, do not force people to pay even more than at the moment -.-

Edited by Grort

more inventory or equipment slots, no.

But a paid upgrade from 300 to 400 storage slots would make a nice addition.

Yes, to the sto slots, but...

I agree although if it being paid for with real money it should be 600 slots so u will never have to worry about running out of room.

Paid should be 600, non paid should upgrade to 400 IMO.

only radu can tell us whether it is at all possible to increase the number of slots w/o resetting every one's storage.

Server update due for OpenGL/eyes, and im guessing its server side issue for sto slots :P

...More storage slots on the other hand I think would help a lot of people... Also I am + 1 for charging RL money for upgrades

RL $$$ be option, and not overly priced like some items on shop. Maybe allow ingame purchase of 100 sto slots for 1mil gc(?) and 2 further 100gc increases for $$$.

So something like...

Base Atm - 300 Slots --->400 base Slots

Pay NPC, i say Expila, to put up your slots. Pay 1 Mil(?) 400 slots --->500

Option to pay on shop for getting slots up to 700($25(?))

Reason for gc being more than gc<-->$$$ accepted exchange rate is to encourage shop purchase, but not to force it :P

Edited by JoeButler

A search of forums popped up http://www.eternal-l...showtopic=56512, which had a discussion

about increasing the number of storage slots, and there was a good technical reason it wasn't done. But at the end of the day,

Reading the post, I get that it's complex to have a variable number of slots which depends on the OA. I think that a single paid upgrade from 300 to e.g. 400 slots, not deleted by reset, should be easier to implement. Nevertheless, only radu knows the exact issues that this can raise in the server code.

Sounds like a good idea but I still wonder how the hell you guys fill it all up. I've got loads of stuff in sto I don't use and still never exceeded 150 slots filled :lurker:

It seems easy. After 14 months I managed to easily fill 260 slots of the 300 available. And that basically excludes many items which many consider essential. Currently there seem to be about 10 new items in my inventory per month ;-)

As opposed to opinions expressed above, I think that the base amount of stash slots need not be raised - it would serve as a good thing which can be sold without detrimental gameplay effect as opposed to the many stones and weapons sold from shop which acts somewhat as pay2win and drive inflation (on a slight tangent, IMHO the situation would slightly improve if not stones but their effect on the buyer's char was sold).

Free to Play game... please, do not force people to pay even more than at the moment -.-

So far I play without money...

Saw Orick post,

Just because the game is free does not mean that everything in the game should be free... The more things that have a $ on it means the more money available for development later down the road... I actually do think there should be a small yearly fee to play the game... Or I think more people should offer there time in development if they want this game to progress as a free game

Oh and no one is forcing you to pay to play... ~70% of the game still has never spent a dime of RL money on the game... This would be an upgrade(not update) for the game

Edited by Orick

I agree with joe however as well... Make it also buyable from an NPC for a good amount of gc... I could not fallow your math tho... I would say make it either 20k to 1 like it in "unofficially" or make it so you can only get half as much slots/space useing gc as you can with RL money... Or make it so you can stack the slots... Get a few with gc and them more with RL money

Saw Orick post,

Just because the game is free does not mean that everything in the game should be free... The more things that have a $ on it means the more money available for development later down the road... I actually do think there should be a small yearly fee to play the game... Or I think more people should offer there time in development if they want this game to progress as a free game

Oh and no one is forcing you to pay to play... ~70% of the game still has never spent a dime of RL money on the game... This would be an upgrade(not update) for the game

charging money to play could and probably would alienate a vast proportion of players

i think ther is a place for it in EL though

as long as the upgrades/updates where mostly superficial as in to say it wont drasticaly improve play with, or make EL not be worth playing without, i know of many games where you must to pay to instance or pay to use the features and other cool things insides the games wich makes them rubbish to play (i left WoW for the constant asking for moneys).

i happily buy Rosto's Horse whistles Haidir passes etc already

there are numerous sugestions here on the forum about addons that could be paid for with $$$, just as long as these features are accesible by all players, to remain true to the nature of EL game that we all love

edited for bad engrish \o/

Edited by Rokk

What do you guys think of these two new suggestions:

Order the books we can read by categories or alphabetical order? The current list is a nightmare to browse through.

I don't understand the current system used to keep track of harvesting xp per hour. Why do it per player and track what time they logged in? I'd much prefer a system that resets everybody's harvest count every hour at the same time, that way when I log in at 1:01, I don't punch the computer (I'm not that distressed, but you get my point :D ) I may very well be wrong, but I would think this would mean the server has one less thing to check/modify when we log in. Everybody will be on the same page.

As far as I know there is no sets of armor/weps/clothing you can equip more of 8 items at a time anyway... More equipment slots would be pointless... More storage slots on the other hand I think would help a lot of people... Also I am + 1 for charging RL money for upgrades

The entire point is to modify the current system to allow this to function correctly.

One reason I am not really a proponent of making a NPC sell slots at an expensive rate is because people are bleeding out dry if they want to level up multiple skills, for example Tailoring. Maybe we can do both: slots both sold and buyable ingame, but slots are not 'tradeable' between players and cost a lot.I think more work needs to be done to tailoring.

Edited by dark_wizzie1

I don't understand the current system used to keep track of harvesting xp per hour. Why do it per player and track what time they logged in? I'd much prefer a system that resets everybody's harvest count every hour at the same time, that way when I log in at 1:01, I don't punch the computer (I'm not that distressed, but you get my point :D )

[snip]

I think you should have made a new thread for these, to avoid dispersing the discussion on this one (as your suggestions have nothing to do with the storage slots)

(and FYI: current system is: harvest counter is reset for all logged in players at the start of the hour, no need to track log-in times for that)

Edited by revi

No need for more slots really, I am in allrounder in ALL skills and still only have 260 slots used.

Just manage your stuff better and clear unneeded items from time to time.

[snip]

I think you should have made a new thread for these, to avoid dispersing the discussion on this one (as your suggestions have nothing to do with the storage slots)

(and FYI: current system is: harvest counter is reset for all logged in players at the start of the hour, no need to track log-in times for that)

True, I'll try to find some more suggestions and make a new thread.

I think the best suggestion made here, is the Book list, Alphabetical would be great or even just fixing the groupings so theres not so many scattered ones (all manu books, then all summon books, etc..) it looks at some point thats the way it started then just started tossing random books hear and there...but I agree anything would be better then the cluster it is now.

I started to play this game because it was free and fun. Some people find "fun" to spend real cash to level up or gain other benefits instead of playing the game but that's not me. Personally i find fun just to play the game. Why haven't you just saied

"Hey, the 300 limit was here from the first day of the game, but it's outdated now(after 10 years) since a lot of new stuff has been added to the game. Let's change it"

and came up with a payed version as the first option? Or even a perk that costs pp? Why adding more real cash to a game that is supposed to be free was your first option?

Please don't ruin the game for me because i have spent an enormous amount of time on it(and no dime so far).

I started to play this game because it was free and fun. Some people find "fun" to spend real cash to level up or gain other benefits instead of playing the game but that's not me. Personally i find fun just to play the game. Why haven't you just saied

"Hey, the 300 limit was here from the first day of the game, but it's outdated now(after 10 years) since a lot of new stuff has been added to the game. Let's change it"

and came up with a payed version as the first option? Or even a perk that costs pp? Why adding more real cash to a game that is supposed to be free was your first option?

Please don't ruin the game for me because i have spent an enormous amount of time on it(and no dime so far).

So people who buy a bot and get 300 extra storage slots dont ruin the game for you ?

You still play ?

But people who dont want a bot but only want to buy 100 extra slots are ruing it ?

Where do it say you need to buy them ?

Oh, and we had only 200 when I started to play 8 years ago.

What he is saying is, your giving an advantage to those that can pay/want to pay RL $$$ that F2P can't get, and there is already an option for those willing to pay $$$, a $20 sto bot. Why not add 100 extra slots for everyone? I'd assume that would be easier than giving certain people different numbers of slots. But really, I only use 170 slots, so this doesn't affect me. But remember it's ment to be a F2P....

Zamira, i am simply stating that we (the players) should come up with ideas on how to make a better game and not how to sell it to... well... us. So why to suggest adding more items on shop and not directly into game and available to everyone? Why to rather choose freemium (or pay to win) over free? Would you rather play the same game for free or chose to pay for it? Or you would pay in any game to get a fast advantage?

The more things get into the shop the more advantage will have paying over playing. And at some point the game will make no sense to those that don't pay.

I see a tendency to add more things to the shop and this is worrying me because that's not why i am playing the game in the first place. And when even players suggest adding things to the shop i am wondering if this is still free to play or not. That's it, and I'm sorry for the inaccuracy with the original number of slots, but i wasn't trying to be accurate there.

i guess ill toss in my 2 cents.

i been around the inner webs a few times with other games.

i played a game that only income it received was from donations or buying server tickets for the server that was restarted ever 3 months.

we called it the rush server. was a great pvp server with epic battles in the last few days before restart.

development was EXTREMELY slow and for about 6ish months it was offline due to no internet funds but god i loved that game.

after the offline spell, our connection was so bad that if more than 30 people was logged in at once, you would get white screen in your browser.

after while it got better but when we did have our few epic battles 40ish vs 40ish people (one side offline) the server couldnt process the fight engine gui so you was blind and had to wait 30 mins to see the outcome of the battle.

being in the top 20 a/d was nice too.

i played runescape for a lil while and i got aggravated running into member only this and member only that.

how aggravated would you get if C2 was premium accounts only?

then there is the several games i bounced around that char/kingdom development was a slow crawl unless you bought stuff from game store to speed it up.

now like how EL is f2p but to maintain internet and game developement, EL has to have a income from the players.

some games let you just pay to become uber powerfull over night not caring about what kind of community the game has as long as their pockets are stuffed with cash.

so the only way EL can make a good cash flow and not have a community of our lesser liked players as its norm and not the exception is to sell the lil extras.

now 99% of us can survive with 350 sto limit but there is a few that could use more slots and if you want more, is it really that bad to spend say 5-10 bucks for it per character and help keep the game funded?

EL's shop is for the most part non intrusive into the day to day mechanics of the game.

i really think radu/roja have come up with a well balanced game shop compaired to other games i have seen.

that old game i mention, it was closed down after some drama and the original creator made a new one since the player base agreed to shut it down and deny him the source code after being MIA after 6 years.

his new game is crap and now he is scratching for funds to keep the lights on per say.