Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CherUT

KF Clash #4

- The Kilaran Field Clash 4

A PK competition where 2 teams battle for control of Fort Garison

The KF Clash is a 30 minute, equipment restricted test of strategy and teamwork for Fighters, Mages and Archers.

Kilaran Field is a "No Drops" PK map, where you do not drop any items when you die, even if you do not have a Rostogol stone in your inventory.

The Clash will have only 2 teams, the goal of each team will be to control Fort Garisn for as long as possible.

There are significant equipment restrictions, they are detailed below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Saturday, March 2, 2013 at 21:30:00 GMT

NOTE: This is the time you must be at the storage area in Valley of the Dwarves, the event won't begin until approximately 30 minutes later (hopefully a bit less). If you are not at VotD storage by the above stated time, you may not get to compete, irrelevant of when you signed up. Please be guildless at this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team selection method:

Each side will have a 'Team Captain'.

Some time prior to the event they'll be accepted into the 2 guilds that will be used for it and given rank 19.

25 minutes before the event start time, at which point all competitors should be assembled at VotD storage area, the 2 Captains will in-turn select competitors from the group to be on their team. When a Captain selects a competitor they can type the #join_guild command and the captain will #accept them and set them rank 5.

The Clash Layout:

The members of each team will need to join one of the two guilds i am providing for this event.

It is possible you could be fighting in opposition to your friends and guildmates. If you are not prepared to do this, do not sign up... and remember, it's meant to all be in good fun

The goal for each team is to "control" Fort Garisn for as much time as possible within the 30 minute span of the event.

To be considered as "controlling" the fort, a team must have at least one member on the raised blue stone area at the back of the fort, and no members from the other team on the blue stone area.

Note: If you're invisible it will NOT count. You need to be 'openly' controlling/contesting the fort.

I or someone of my choosing (so that I can take part)will be in a guild set as ally to both the guilds in the competition and will remain in the fort and keep track of who has control and how long for. Once the 30 minutes is up, whichever team was 'in control' for the longest will be declared the winner. (I will probably get someone else to help me as well, so i don't have to monitor for equipment restriction violations whilst also keeping track of fort control.)

All competitors will be removed from the guilds at the end of the event.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

1. Certain items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

The rare/magical Great Swords (such as JS of cooldown, cutty of mage, rapier of death, etc.).

The rare/magical Armors (such as steel greaves of ubber def, Ti plate of freezing, etc.).

Any fire/ice/magic/thermal sword.

Any fire/ice/magic arrows and bolts.

Staff of the Mage.

Staff of Protection.

Medallion of Life. (That's right, MoL is NOT allowed, don't forget it )

BRoD and BoD.

Normal Branch and Bone.

The Golden Star mace.

The Bronze Sword.

The Scythe.

The Dragon Blade.

Dragon Armors. (including RDHoLM)

Bronze Armors.

Mines/Caltrops/Wards.

Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia).

Mage Robe Shirt.

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

Normal Iron, Steel and Titanium armors.

All normal shields up to titanium.

Moon, Unicorn, Stars and Sun medallions.

Medallion of Mana.

Crowns of Life and Mana.

Any Cape.

Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.

Halberd and Spear.

All bows and PK arrows.

The crossbow and PK bolts.

The Radioactive Rapier

The Radioactive Titanium Long Sword

Mage Robe Pants.

2. Summoning (including stones) is NOT allowed.

Not even bears and tigers. Nothing. Nada.

3. Laying Mines and placing Wards during or before the event is NOT allowed.

Applies to all kinds of Mines, Snares, Caltrops and Wards.

4. Using a melee weapon in conjunction with an arrow or bolt is NOT allowed.

Anything not listed in the above four rules IS allowed (eg. all magic spells are allowed).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signing up, and conclusion:

If you would like to sign up, please post on this thread and state your in-game name. If you cannot post on the forums, contact myself (CherUT) in-game.

if you want to do this event but are unsure if you will be available at the scheduled time, it's ok to sign up anyways, as whoever shows on the day is who competes.

I'm going to be quite strictly enforcing the rules this event. If you can't read, comprehend and work within the above listed rules, don't sign up. If I see someone in dragon armor or with a bronze sword or if i see an orange spam appear for anyone, or any other infraction, that person will be instructed to stop using the offending item and if they do not comply immediately, or if they offend a second time, they will be kicked from the guild they are in, expelled from the competition, and banned from signing up to my future events for a good while.

@Eternal Lands administrators and moderators:

If you are willing to enforce a rule restricting access to KF only to competitors for the 30 minute duration of the event it would be greatly appreciated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Far we have

Myd1

Smurf

Faxie

Truemen

Koddy

Gun

JoeButler

Atomos

Mirageknight

Marvel

Rabbitman

infection

Garenke

Madalinux

BusterBlader

Neptune

Frost

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spectators

soLo

RedDevil

Eagleprince

Grort

Rhonan

Fantastika

Soullove

Edited by CherUT

if it's not gonna include spectators there shouldn't be as many rules and all the other contests of this caliber jhave included spectators... which would make asking for " If you are willing to enforce a rule restricting access to KF only to competitors for the 30 minute duration of the event it would be greatly appreciated." kinda BS. - soLo

Edited by bralex

if it's not gonna include spectators there shouldn't be as many rules and all the other contests of this caliber jhave included spectators... which would make asking for " If you are willing to enforce a rule restricting access to KF only to competitors for the 30 minute duration of the event it would be greatly appreciated." kinda BS. - soLo

This is the 4th KF clash........ These rules were taken from the previous 3. It seems to have worked well in the past so why change it.? In the past there has been a guild set ally to both so that spectators could watch. Which can easily be done again if there are some who would like to watch...

Im posting for Gun he would like to join also

To clear things up spectators are not and never were a problem for me. To have a 3rd guild which they could join was simply for their good. The guild would be set ally to both the competing guilds.

I'd like to watch too, but might not be around. Looks like cool event, gl :D