Eternal Lands Official Forums
vinoveritas

Why have Players on restrictions list If you do not follow it

Dear Radu,

I write this open letter, to tell you that i do not like this decision you made here. and to give other people the possibility to write here support or disagreement with my statements.

I just saw that WhiteRhino is back in game as Whitrhino. Obviously he namechanged his char Attilathehun back to Whiterhino even after all the shit he did, did put him on this following Ban Post.

http://www.eternal-l...showtopic=57803

"Attilathehun - Previously Konvict1, WhiteRhino and others. Not allowed any alts, sharing, buying or selling chars, scamming, name changes. He can only use Attilathehun."

It is a slap to the face of all other players in this game, if you set up rules and break them even if you went to such measures to hold them up.

I do not dispute the fact that you have the right to change your mind about a players situation, but if you put up a list like the post named abrove, i would have thought it would have a meaning to yourself to go after it, After all its tells others this, even if you do bad

things that you should not do, there is a way that you overcome the restrictions by going to you,

This is not good for the game players moral who actually abide by the rules..

On other hand, I know a few other peoples who are on name change restriction even before WhiteRhino got on it, who played after the rule since and every time they ask for name change get declined that.

So my question is why do you have such a list at all.

I personally would have thought you would like to have a person who did shit like whiterhino pulled with you during his time on game, on a perma ban, and not let him back again at all, i know there are quite a few people who are not happy with your decicions regarding him.

VinoVeritas,

who has now to put whiterhino again on his ignorelist.

Edited by vinoveritas

Maybe it's another player with the name?

I have to agree. I sometimes feel like those who break the minor rules (often by mistake) get punished far more than those who consistantly break the major rules. This gives a bad impression of the game. I think that everyone should be given a second chance but how some players get away with what they do over and over is beyond me.

The game should be fun for the "good" players, not a heaven for "bad" players...

The game should be fun for the "good" players, not a heaven for "bad" players...

Entirely agree

I dont really see what the problem is, Its not like he got a name no one knows. Maybe then I could see why you posted this

Seriously!? All this just because 1 person was inconvenienced by having to add 1 more #ignore? No, sorry, it's criticizing and questioning the owner/developer of the games judgement for making a decision. Do we seriously have nothing better to do than cry over what we cannot control while having no business offering an opinion in the first place? Sounds to me like something personal...

i don't think it right

Wait... what?

They are agreeing with the OP.

2 things.

A there is no real harm in having Attilathehun now run again with WhiteRhino, he is known more under that name, but as i said if you make a ruling like that one radu made and goes back on it so short after, feels like a slap to others, as restrictions are meant as such things restrictions.

Yes i have a personal issue with WhiteRhino's past behaviour. But thats not the issue, its the feeling that people get if they see that some people seam to get away with breaking the rules over and over in a way that seam to irritate many players as well as moderators (after all Whiterhino's char got deleted by Learner once). Its in my opinion not the best thing for the game.

totally agree with this post, is mind boggling how people are on no alt restrictions and name changes and sharing who still do it and nothing is done about it, i know moderation isnt open for discussion, as per rule 27 but i cant help but think people who cheat alot dont deserve a second chance but thats just me, played el on and off for 9 years now, never broken a single rule, makes me sad seeing people break them all the time and still get to stay

i don't think it right

lmao your one of the people who broke the rules for years and are allowed back

well Nixxy4ever i paid for mine and it been along time sence I done anything and as for this post i think it is wrong that my opinon so get off my case

Edited by _Mia_

Allthough I don't have a problem with the specific namechange the OP mentioned, I do agree that it gives the wrong message to other people. However, indefinite restrictions should be only given to people that are repeated offenders. I would like to see something like this:

1. First offense: ban for crime itself, restrictions for 1 yr with an evalunation moment after 6 months, if it was a one time only offense, they will get off on good behaviour

2. Second offense: longer ban fro crime, restrictions for 2 yrs with a evaluation moment after 18 months ....

3. Third offense: long ban from crime (if not perma), indefinate restrictions.

I just made up the numbers (and they can be adjusted ofc). What this will do:

1. Give people that are first time offenders an incentive for good behaviour.

2. Stop the constant whining towards the mods about restrictions. Everyone knows what will happen (mods + offenders), no discussion needed anymore (besides the evaluation moment)

Oh boy.

I gave permission for the name change. My thought process was that he would be more recognizable under the WhiteRhino or konvict1 name and that is what I gave permission for, either of those two names.

The post that Vinoveritas pointed out that doesn't show this is my fault. I thought radu was going to update it when he did the name change and I didn't think to go back and check it. Sorry about that.

I would like to comment that while I do understand and can sympathize with the above feelings about letting known troublemakers back in the game, please remember it IS a game and I think almost everyone deserves an opportunity to come back and try to make things right. And as was pointed out, many others have been given that opportunity as well. Some need to be easily recognizable. His other conditions still stand.

Thank you for your post, Aislinn :)

I think you're right, some of us do forget it's a game. Not bashing anyone here really,I too am at fault for it :)

"please remember it IS a game"

"some of us do forget it's a game"

Your both right, it is a game. However I thought the whole point of online games is to have fun? A game is far less fun when people ruin the spirit of the game, therefore action is needed in order to prevent this from happening and making sure that Eternal Lands remains a game - having fun.

easy answer: fun for as many people as possible.

But more important, thanks Aislinn for posting in here, and thanks that the ban sector post got updated in a way that explains the action.

I do not mind in giving people second and 3rd or a few more chances to prove themselves. But i am someone who simply thinks, if you put a statement in action and then do something different without explanation it does not look good.

The fact that a player is on the restrictions list does not mean that person will never have those permissions back. It's a case by case thing, and I didn't think it was that important to update that list for every little shit.