Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Approach

NEVER LISTEN TO NEWHOPE!

8 Feb default_profile_4_normal.pngTeh_Master@Teh_Master
    Acelon: An invasion is coming. We have special forces set up, so White Stone, Valley of the Dwarves, Palon Vertas, and Thelinor will be saf

Defininition of safe:
    safe

/sāf/
    Adjective Protected from or not exposed to danger or risk

Funny how Nh killed me during this invasion whilst VOTD was meant to be "SAFE"

Sorry, but while I find Newhope's actions lower than low, this is completely your fault.

There is a little feature called 'Total War' at work here. This incident was not about the invasion or whether or not it was a PK map, so you should not go about making it sound like it's a game fault or error. You would still have been killed even without the invasion. Someone just took advantage of your carelessness and ignorance.

If you were not made aware of who your TTW enemies are, then the fault lies solely in your guild. Accept your responsibility and move on.

Ok, That migh be Approach's own fault...but, come on, he played only 3 month..who is expert and all knowing after only 3 month playing? For my eyes he is quite noob still. Totally other thing is why a noob has ID set on that moment, I get my first dragon set after almost 3 YEAR playing, and i know 1 person who trained his a/d up to 130 and never used other than aug pants, Steel chain, and col. Yes, i know that is other ultimate end, But still, newbies not need really that high stuff, And Approach is definitely newbie if he played only 3 month. And after all, OA not tell so much these days who is newbie and who not, with all dailys and such OA is possible to get relatively high in short time these days, so it not necessary determine newbie status like before.

http://tinypic.com/v...pic=28s54ch&s=6

another original dubro's pro idea :D cant post a new thread about that so spread over

Anyone else noted this gem from that pic:

[PM from MADALINUX: What rank I gave you?]

[PM from MADALINUX: Then you can do . try #enemy_combatant and tell me]

(italics, mine, and the rank is not relevant here)

Edited by revi

Ok, That migh be Approach's own fault...but, come on, he played only 3 month..who is expert and all knowing after only 3 month playing? For my eyes he is quite noob still. Totally other thing is why a noob has ID set on that moment, I get my first dragon set after almost 3 YEAR playing, and i know 1 person who trained his a/d up to 130 and never used other than aug pants, Steel chain, and col. Yes, i know that is other ultimate end, But still, newbies not need really that high stuff, And Approach is definitely newbie if he played only 3 month. And after all, OA not tell so much these days who is newbie and who not, with all dailys and such OA is possible to get relatively high in short time these days, so it not necessary determine newbie status like before.

its funny how most people ingame can classify me as a noob including radu but when it comes to weither im a noob because i hadnt read all of the info about the game (who the hell does at 3 months) its my fault and im no longer a noob after newhope scammed me for everything i have.

and so what am i meant to play for another 3 years to try and get my items back only to still be nowhere near what newhope scammed off me....... THATS A JOKE!

its funny how most people ingame can classify me as a noob including radu but when it comes to weither im a noob because i hadnt read all of the info about the game (who the hell does at 3 months) its my fault and im no longer a noob after newhope scammed me for everything i have.

and so what am i meant to play for another 3 years to try and get my items back only to still be nowhere near what newhope scammed off me....... THATS A JOKE!

If you show having the stuff used by the 'big boys', you'll either be treated as a 'big boy' (i.e. as if you know the game), or taken advantage of. Not new, and not typical for EL either.

And indeed, how come replacing something you got in less than three months would take you three years?

Edited by revi

If you show having the stuff used by the 'big boys', you'll either be treated as a 'big boy' (i.e. as if you know the game), or taken advantage of. Not new, and not typical for EL either.

+1

And indeed, how come replacing something you got in less than three months would take you three years?

Have found nex removal, lucky bastard that time, unlucky this time.

Look, Mr Approach. Nobody ever wins the blame game. If radu thinks you're a n00b, don't you think he might know what he's talking about? I'm sure some people will learn from your mistakes. It's up to you to decide whether or not to.

Sorry for your loss Approach but you are not the first to lose expensive items & nor shall be the last.

Now you are a little wiser to the game & how some play, you may not like it & want revenge/compensation or w/e but that's how it is sometimes here in the Lands of Eternal.

Work to gain lost items back, it won't take you long & in the future if you are wearing your best items (CoL, Dragon Armour etc) whether in a safe map or not, mixing/harvesting etc...KEEP A ROSTO ON YOU AT ALL TIMES...Everything & anything can happen in EL when you least expect it, the worst that can happen is you have to replace a rosto & not your full gear.

Have found nex removal, lucky bastard that time, unlucky this time.

Is that even possible after three months? I seem to remember some rumours about a minimum required harv level

before you can find such stones.

Is that even possible after three months? I seem to remember some rumours about a minimum required harv level

I would be surprised if this char was levelled from scratch in three months.

Btw, what was KoDdy to do with this, still not understood his part in that :D

I think guilds that wanna safe guard against this, don't set enemies as total war, but change colour of their tag to show they're no nice people, while not allowing TTW scams. But since I myself don't have access to these commands in my guild, I don't know if that's possible, just an idea to safeguard your guildies :)

he gave Approach a ring for VOTD so NEWHOPE could killed him again

I would be surprised if this char was levelled from scratch in three months.

and yeah in any case this char is not noob

I think guilds that wanna safe guard against this, don't set enemies as total war, but change colour of their tag to show they're no nice people, while not allowing TTW scams. But since I myself don't have access to these commands in my guild, I don't know if that's possible, just an idea to safeguard your guildies :)

Yes, it's possible. My guild (HERB) has no 'enemies' set but several guilds tagged with color to indicate that their members are or are not to be trusted. And new members are told of this. Am curious if an officer of MOB set NH as 'enemy' without understanding what that means (with regards to Total War), and without changing the tag colour. As far as I know there is no point to setting another guild officially as 'enemy' unless you plan to participate in Total War.

(...)

That's how IRON does it.

Actually, afaik #set_enemy_guild and #set_ally_guild don't change tag colour at all, that has to be done with #set_guild_colour. The CEL website has some info on this.

Yes, it's possible. My guild (HERB) has no 'enemies' set but several guilds tagged with color to indicate that their members are or are not to be trusted. And new members are told of this. Am curious if an officer of MOB set NH as 'enemy' without understanding what that means (with regards to Total War), and without changing the tag colour. As far as I know there is no point to setting another guild officially as 'enemy' unless you plan to participate in Total War.

Yeah, i learned after posting this that LotS does this too :D But might be useful for the guilds that have had victims to know

Can i clear this up?

We have established that approach was kileld due to a enemy request with NH before christmas, almost certainly by someone who left guild, and has now quit.

So, tbh, the whole thing was done before approach started playing, so not fault of active GMs.

+NH was red tagged, iirc.

yes the ttw was set by monkeydoodle as we have recently found out. and yes i have only been playing for 3 months, going on 4 months now.

also now this command has been disabled due to "scamming" yet this situation was not classifyed as a scam? and i still have to deal with 800+k loss

just to confirm my account length, i installed the eternal lands client on the 1st of december

The problem is that scamming is not against the rules. The ttw feature was removed because it was ONLY used for scams lately, and not its intended purpose. The fact that you were scammed out of 800k sucks, but that isn't breaking any rules. Without rule breaking, it isn't up to the developers or moderators to deal with disputes between players.

Rabbitman - Bingo :D

Approach - You soon learn to always carry rosto. And not to trust anybody (odd for you to need to do that in an MMO, but anyway). And Newhope is one of the most known players who shit on others (and that is unfortunately this is allowed).

I suggest you work with a group you trust to mix stuff to sell and make back your money back.

yes the ttw was set by monkeydoodle as we have recently found out. and yes i have only been playing for 3 months, going on 4 months now.

I was purposefully avoiding naming the person, as he used to be friends with your GM and myself -.-

The problem is that scamming is not against the rules. The ttw feature was removed because it was ONLY used for scams lately, and not its intended purpose.

The MM BH > TD route was disabled due to only scamming, non of the victims got their stuff back, so you'll just need to work on regaining your gc.

I also don't see why you trusted NH when his guild was red tagged...but meh.