Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luciferx

Make sure you update your custom clothes meshes

Hi everyone,

In case some of you didn't know one really cool thing in the webshop that you can buy is custom clothes ( click here for link to see the page ). Aislinn is VERY fast at implementing your new clothes and it is a very nice service. Im hoping soon we will all look unique and it will be fun to see everyone's new looks as we adventure through the game.

Make sure you update your custom clothes or you are already missing out.

In your settings make sure the Bottom 3 check boxes are enabled (darkened) in the TAB called SERVER. Then just type #update. Its that easy :icon13:

Enjoy the new view everyone, I have a feeling this feature is going to get very popular in the days to come as more people get it more people will want it too.

LuciferX

Edited by LuciferX

:) its called a braguette, ( not to be confused with baquette ) it was custom in medieval times that the higher one was in reputation etc, the more outspoken.

Ok, after chatting with Sir_Odie (teh client and customs pr0) on the technicalities:

The only people who will need to delete the custom_clothes.zip file is anybody who logged out then in between the time I first uploaded your files and the time we "fixed" it. That would be Friday night to Saturday morning, approximately a 12 hour period.

The issue was an uppercase/lowercase conflict. That is the one and only known (now it's known :P) issue that will not trigger the auto update. Everyone else who has the ctrl O -> Server -> Automatic Updates, Custom Looks Updates, and Show Custom Clothing updates checked as on, will see them.

Now, that said:

The client comes with a fresh install with the automatic updates not enabled. I do think the el.ini's should be set to these with the default as "on" but each OS (Linux, Windows, Mac) comes with their own separate el.ini that has a different person in charge of it so that needs to be discussed with radu, bluap, and Sir_Odie, I guess.

After that, any relog will trigger the customs update IF those 3 settings are set to on.

Also you can type #update, which I didn't know existed, sorry. :omg:

If our recollection of when we logged on (probably due to alcohol consumption) is a bit fuzzy, is there a way to test and see if custom clothing from the server is still working?

Im hoping soon we will all look unique and it will be fun to see everyone's new looks as we adventure through the game.

Just one thing I'd like to say. As much as I'd like custom clothes, $10 is a bit steep imo, and considering unoffical customs are 10kgc, I can see people going to the alternative. Though I do hope the official custom does get more bussiness.

(Just like to note I don't use any unoff custom stuff or w/e it is yous do, but I know people who do)

Nice customs mind luci

The official customs will be seen by more people and help support EL Not to mention they will be in better taste.

Im hoping soon we will all look unique and it will be fun to see everyone's new looks as we adventure through the game.

Just one thing I'd like to say. As much as I'd like custom clothes, $10 is a bit steep imo, and considering unoffical customs are 10kgc, I can see people going to the alternative. Though I do hope the official custom does get more bussiness.

(Just like to note I don't use any unoff custom stuff or w/e it is yous do, but I know people who do)

Nice customs mind luci

Tho I understand that not everyone ingame likes to spend real money in the game I do like the fact that I can pay for a "status" ingame to show that I support the game. Even if its just buying some cool clothing for my account... Would also be nice if we were able to buy monuments that look like us to go in our guild maps... Just us standing up or with a sword out and shield up for a fight or on horse back or something cool like that

Edited by Orick

EL statues.....I think that might be possible with a new packet type from the server and some client code to draw it in all grey with shadows. Statues of other types (glass or amber for example) would probably be doable too.

So, is there a way we can test to see if our custom clothes from the official server are still working after that one little mistake?

They are working. They never stopped working. The only possible issue would be if you got a new update in that 12 hour window I mentioned that only would have affected Luci's. It is now fixed. So if in doubt about whether you got an update in that time frame, just log out, delete the custom_clothes.zip file, and relog back in.

Given the alpha channels ... can we skin as invisible apart from head and hands, or very low viz "ghostly" attire?

Not likely to happen but EL could make a mint off some annoyance's costume changes.

Also, how much to put pests in pink tutus with mis-matched socks on their ears and a twin domed pink hat? Or some sort of court jester garb to be "medieval". There's also Bieber T-Shirts for those truly "special" individuals in game.

Edited by Ikaris