Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
loir

Idea for ranging daily

Create a creature with 2500 hp, 10 attack, 170 defense, no drops, give it some armor and maybe a few point defense. Have it roam C1 like Lenny and require killing it for a daily ranging xp reward.

There are two ways I see this happening. Maybe both can be implemented and require a visit to a NPC to see which monster you are required to kill.

1) Monster is aggressive and has a very high ignore level this way it can be pinned. Limit the maps it can occupy to those with Fluffys or higher.

2) Monster is non-agressive but can wander all maps. Probably would require a tank to help kill it, but with 10 attack almost anyone could tank.

Part of the challenge would be hunting and finding it.

I'm sure there are a million flaws with the idea, but thought I'd put it out there. Flame on.

I like the idea of a ranging daily.

But I am thinking maybe make the idea a bit more simple... Say something like accomplish x number of successful hits against any creature in a certain map? And the map could change daily...And of course can be based on range lvl and/or a/d.

For one example: make 200 successful hits against anything in SKF and this earns you an extra exp bonus from the NPC.

Yes littlebro2 that would work for a ranging daily, but I thought it would be fun to incorporate two important parts of ranging, pinning and working with a tank. I'm also afraid your idea would be not much of a challenge, just something to complete.

Create a creature with 2500 hp, 10 attack, 170 defense, no drops, give it some armor and maybe a few point defense. Have it roam C1 like Lenny and require killing it for a daily ranging xp reward.

2) Monster is non-agressive but can wander all maps. Probably would require a tank to help kill it, but with 10 attack almost anyone could tank.

I like :D

I still think that the Haidir daily should be changed to give XP in the skill you shave off most HP from the monsters you are required to kill: ranging, magic or a/d, maybe also including eng. Then this would be solved at the same time.

Edited by Elke

What about making the ranging NPC a bit of a prankster. How about Jester in Lord Luxin's castle. He will tell you to go shoot, lets say 10 things:

Kill Kelcha's favorite rabbit. You have to find which one.

Kill a snake by Serpa

Kill Erokin's pet wolf

This is just a few to start with. The idea would be that you shoot them from a distance so you are not seen and it is a prank.

Oh, I thought of a few more last night.

Take a fire arrow and burn up someone's clothes hanging on the line in Ida (the target would give no range exp, so if someone shot it not on the quest they get no benifit)

Use an ice arrow on someone's plant in PV to freeze it. (same as a fire arrow)

Just little things that would be pranks

Take a fire arrow and burn up someone's clothes hanging on the line in Ida (the target would give no range exp, so if someone shot it not on the quest they get no benifit)

Best idea so far.

I don't like the original idea, because it's such a high level creature, that it would be near impossible to make a "daily" quest of it, let alone for many people in the game.

I still think that the Haidir daily should be changed to give XP in the skill you shave off most HP from the monsters you are required to kill: ranging, magic or a/d, maybe also including eng. Then this would be solved at the same time.

Yes!

Yeah, this would be neat. Shoot a magic arrow at a gargoyle statue to frighten a passer-by, and stuff like that. Would be cool :D

I don't think adding a special creature would be the best option for a range daily.

Having 1 special creature to kill would mean a long waiting line to kill it and a big risk of meanies jumping in and kill it when it is almost dead and all that..

If a creature is a part of the daily quest it would be better to have one special creature on one specific map to kill - to be evil You will get the information about which Map it is on but not which one of all the creatures on that map it is so you would have to go around shooting lots of creatures (if you are unlucky) before getting the right one and either of em can be "it" on the map :P

I never liked how Haidir xp was so restricted. I would like to get xp based on how I kill the monsters.

I never liked how Haidir xp was so restricted. I would like to get xp based on how I kill the monsters.

Its a quest not a training session :P

You get the bonus for that is all Haidir knows how to do - fight and kill things.

I don't see the trouble with haidir as he stands, this is not about him :D

I think the idea isn't to change Haidir, its to add a new daily. Haidir is fine how he is. He asks you to kill something, you kill it, you get a little or a lot of exp. Not to go too far off topic, I would like to see a magic kill counted as a kill for haidir.

Can we focus on the ranging daily idea instead of haidir, because it was a nice idea, and I'd hate to see it not considered because the topic has been derailed somewhat into some sort of 'change haidir' idea (you can start a new thread if you'd like that).

Maybe make like 30 or more different targets around C1 and C2 that might need hitting for your ranging daily. i like the inanimate object, no exp giving, certain arrow type needing idea, with a small amount of plot (equal to the amount giving by, dare i say it, haidir) and returning to NPC to tell them the 'prank' - the freezing plants, burning stuff, enchanting stuff temporarily with the ice/fire/magic arrows - is done.

:P

Great Idea...I just think that it should be the same as a normal haidir quest, and be given to go kill a certain amount of creatures with bow and arrows of course but the idea of making new mobs would be less considered ,the time needed to implement a new creature...

I like idea of hitting special objects too. "Shoot the burning Sunflower in TD 15 times with ice bolts" would be good exercise but I am not sure there are any inanimate objects capable of being targeting DESPITE some of then being actual targets.

I like idea of hitting special objects too. "Shoot the burning Sunflower in TD 15 times with ice bolts" would be good exercise but I am not sure there are any inanimate objects capable of being targeting DESPITE some of then being actual targets.

We could just forget the idea of a ranging daily and have Radu allow us to shoot the targets.There are over over 4 target practice targets that I know of. Heaven only knows if we would hit the target and not get xp if it is not in the right place or not.