Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Orick

Use of Oranges

What all are Oranges used for now a days?

Would be nice if they were used to reduce instances wait time by a margin of time that would keep there value just above red dragon scale... There are way to many of them ingame now anyway.. Or make them a requirement for entry for the 120-140 and 120++ instance where 4 are dropped anyway

Or make them reduce 2-6 hours in the wtf max of 1-2 useable per wtf

Edited by Orick

Well, there are 3 uses that I know of.

And using them the way you suggest for instance entry would result in a shortage very soon:

requiring 5 oranges for an instance where 4 can be dropped seems a good way to

reduce the surplus...

I suggest that you can eat them ! No idea what happens then :P

Edited by SolarStar

Would be nice if they were used to reduce instances wait time by a margin of time that would keep there value just above red dragon scale...
They already sell at 9 to 13k gcs. that's above red scale :)

Well, there are 3 uses that I know of.

And using them the way you suggest for instance entry would result in a shortage very soon:

requiring 5 oranges for an instance where 4 can be dropped seems a good way to

reduce the surplus...

What are the 3 ways to use them?

I'm looking to make them scarce.. And using them as a requirement would only work if there was something els as well to use on its place, otherwise it would not work at all

Would be nice if they were used to reduce instances wait time by a margin of time that would keep there value just above red dragon scale...
They already sell at 9 to 13k gcs. that's above red scale :)

I would love to drive the prices down to about 5k each making it closer to rd scale... For that use only!!! If not then I would like them back up to 20k each

Edited by Orick

You can donate them to global quest also.

I usually donate a few oranges every few months to the global and a few K gyps every month as well as mulling a few K gyps from gyps to sto using one or more of my 3 allowed times a week, each trip costing me over 10k gc, not that that is a lot of donations and I know many others donate much more time/resource then me but being as witch my personal game time usually does not allow me to use much of the global anyway it's always a compleat loss

While considering this, lets also consider the idea that a person with alot of oranges would probably like the prices of oranges to go up from a simple desire for money.

I am not accusing anyone of being greedy or anything. I do believe the price of 9-13k (assuming this is right) for something that you need 30 of to get the big belly perk is plenty though. That would be 270k-390k gc.

I personally already have the big belly perk and I think 2 spare oranges. I am just saving them for a worthy cause.

I and most of el has the big belly now, I buy and sell over 10 oranges a week and would love to c them higher in price, but I also rather c them used more and not stacking up like they are now just to keep them a Lil higher in price... 2 oranges at 10k each(sameish price as now) so it would make them more useful then everything els out there of lowering time but also make them used more so they are not just sitting around doing nothing

Well not everyone has the big belly perk. For myself its too expensive. Even with my overall i dont see any special use in this perk except the achievement. I did all my leveling without it. And spending 300k or more for such an achievement is too much.

I bought some oranges recently.

Well Staff of protection got a npc buy rate recently so there was something done to help the instance farmers.

As oranges and instances are overfarmed, no wonder there are too many in game and therefore it should drop, else we ahve too much gc in game which causes inflation. There must be a balance somewhere.

I still offer to buy 30 oranges @ 2k each as i asked for years on channel 3.

Personal Opinon on the big belly perk: You may have a bigger food bar but you still need to the same amount of food to mix an item. so basically its the same, you just get less breaks while mixing. But recenlty i get 3-10 breaks while making fe for example, which makes big belly obsolete and for the bars, there is a cooldown on potion of feasting and thats why, I see the perk only an achievement perk. Even with manu level 100+, I dont see any use for myself...

Not sure your point but what you said I think was that you have no point for oranges so maybe making them a requirement of something expansive mixed might make there value to you more?

I don't have big belly, too much for my pocket right now, but I know a potioner who LOVES it because she is able to make the bigger pots quicker.

Again I get from you that you don't use oranges... Would you like them to have more uses for yourself?

Edited by Orick

By the way this is just general chat... I have no control over anything that happens... I'm just bored out of my mind and don't have anything els to do but post stuff of the forums... And knowing what people look for in the future is kinds cool

Few comments on this topic.

As oranges and instances are overfarmed, no wonder there are too many in game and therefore it should drop, else we ahve too much gc in game which causes inflation. There must be a balance somewhere.

Overfarmed is a matter of opinion. For the most part, my friends and I go for fun. We don't really care about conserving resources or getting the best price for drops. As long as we break even at the minimum (if no bricks poof) and have an ok profit at maximum, we will keep doing them because we have fun.

On the topic of uses for oranges, I'd like to see an additional food item made which requires oranges. Ub3r potion of feasting - Gives 100 food when consumed - 4 emu (20 sec cd). Recommended ingredients: 200 vials + 1 orange + 100 raw meat = 200 UPoF. Recommended pot level ~80 or w/e. This would provide a nice new consumable item to mixers, and provide an outlet for overfarmed instance oranges ;p.

Edited by Rabbitman

Price of orange (~9k) is good. 1 Orange should cover your resources used in an instance.

And why add another use for them? As some players have already stated here, many still

don't have big belly perk and maybe plan to get it later, but if oranges are used for other

means, it may get hiked up again, so all those players have no chance to get that perk.

For example back then I paid 20k each for them to get big belly, it sucked. Nowadays

I use them regularly to make acp potions, I used 130+ for those, so I still use them a lot.

By introducing another use for it, oranges may get harder to get again and hinsg related

to them will get much more expensive -> big belly and big books.

Regular usage for acp potions is at maximum 4 oranges used per RL day (limited by maximum possible pears if all are findable). We typically instance at least 1x per day (4 oranges into game) but usually 1-2 weekdays, 2-3 weekend days. That is just a group of 4-5 of us. Idk how many people take big belly weekly, but I doubt it is enough to balance out the excess oranges not used by acp potions. Feel free to prove me wrong, but I'd be willing to bet some serious gc that there are at least 500 oranges rotting in sto throughout the game, and that the number is steadily rising.

Few comments on this topic.

Overfarmed is a matter of opinion. For the most part, my friends and I go for fun. We don't really care about conserving resources or getting the best price for drops. As long as we break even at the minimum (if no bricks poof) and have an ok profit at maximum, we will keep doing them because we have fun.

(;;.)

In other words, you do want to see a profit... Nothing wrong with that, but if you claim to go only for fun, and don't care about resources,

breaking even (well, a bit over) should be the average result, not the minimum.

As an active instancer, I'd also like to see oranges sold at a higher price, that's normal. ;)

But in another hand, if the oranges have one more usage, they might become harder to gather for the global quest which is not really a good idea. Just look at what happened with grapes...

So I'd say just keep it as it is.

Regular usage for acp potions is at maximum 4 oranges used per RL day (limited by maximum possible pears if all are findable). We typically instance at least 1x per day (4 oranges into game) but usually 1-2 weekdays, 2-3 weekend days. That is just a group of 4-5 of us. Idk how many people take big belly weekly, but I doubt it is enough to balance out the excess oranges not used by acp potions. Feel free to prove me wrong, but I'd be willing to bet some serious gc that there are at least 500 oranges rotting in sto throughout the game, and that the number is steadily rising.

OK, so you do an instance up to three times a day (if I understood correctly). They were planned for being done once every few days, so up to 6-10 times less.

That means that your team is putting oranges in game at at least 3x and up to 10x the planned rate. And you are surprised/annoyed that their value drops...

Extra uses for items could be good, but in this case I don't see any particular reason to force an extra use for an item that shouldn't be coming in at the current rate in the first place.

How about lowering the number that are dropped?

Believe what you will Revi, but really we just want to have fun. At this point, myself and quite a few others do instance after instance and invances and invasions whenever they come because they are incredibly fun to do. The break even as a minimum is so we can keep doing what we enjoy, the profit at maximum so we can keep doing what radu enjoys (dying in invasions ^^).

Depends on how you look at it I guess. If instances weren't so fun and you couldn't remove time, blah blah blah yes the rate would be fine. But the fact is, instances are a part of the game, and instance mistakes help support the game. If drop rate were reduced we would be less inclined to sell to bots, price would rise, and it would take longer to get them for the global (AND the chance to not have enough for acp pots would be there ;p). So I don't think that is really the best solution.

If you don't want them marketable, why not just make oranges linked to your account like in other mmo games with raid drops :D? Then you would have to earn big belly by instancing yourself enough to gather 30 oranges. Would make it more of an achievement anyway..rather than just saying you were able to spend gc like a b0$$ ^^.

I'm not against players making a profit from instancing. Just saying 'we do it just for fun' and then requiring at least break even

per instance is (for me) a slight contradiction. But the calculations should include the rosto losses during instances of course.

Again, nothing wrong with making a profit. But be honest enough to say you want one.

And, from your initial suggestion, you wanted the price to go up. That implies that you want to increase the demand

relative to the offer. That can be done in two ways: increasing demand, or lowering the offer. I just think that lowering the

offer would be an easier way to control the price than creating another way of using them, where you cannot predict the

effect, and which will be much more difficult to control and tune.

Pretty sure I didn't say anything about the price going up. In my initial post I just made a suggestion of an item to be made using them. But I'm tired now so I might have missed it :>.

My mistake, it wasn't you that wanted the price up (it was Orick wanting them to become scarce),

and it wasn't the first post.

I went by memory, and that's not always reliable :/