Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rabbitman

Treasure Finders

Hello all. I would like to suggest that the xp on treasure finders be reduced to ~300 xp/mix. There is a shortage of amber in the game because these items are being used to farm engineering levels. Some numbers:

1 treasure finder = 1kxp without god/day/ratio bonus.

1 treasure finder = ~5kxp/per with god on alfred nobel in school. We'll assume 1 second per mix (not quite right but will give a good estimate). At this rate you could get on the order of 300kxp/minute poofing these in a school at the right time. This works out to 1.8 MILLION oa xp per hour. No wonder we are low on amber for the global.

Just to put this xp in perspective, the best xp you can get in a/d in this game is ~52k/min without dailies. And to do this you risk the wrath of radu ^^. So it is posisble to get 6x that with treasure finders atm, thus fear teh wrath of radu 6x!

elscreen006_zpsb7890272.png

some remarks (and I dont want to defend anybody here):

It's possible to mix ~2400 items/h (if recipe isnt too complicated or ings are too heavy), so mix speed is more like 1.5 sec per mix.

For a full noble day and optimum results you need 14.4k (!) amber and countless other ings.

Amber is 350+ gc atm -> ~5M+ gc needed only for amber, plus 144k EaE a 11 = ~1.6M gc, plus 144k yew a 1.5 = 216k gc and lets

say selfharvested 144k (!) = 70h+ harving of honeycomb.

So yes if you spend about 7M gc and endless honeycomb harving you can get 6h of whopping ENG xp.

Seriously...

Let's not forget that the ings weigh 85 emu/set. So either you are limited to 11 sets/trip (school!) or you'd have to calculate mule costs.

I think Raistlin is an optimist (considering you also need food)

And that's not considering the experience you get for the next lower item (with a cost of about 63 gc/set, taking 45 emu). Giving less

than 10% extra exp. for a formula that costs ~8x as much seems a bit cheap. (Note that getting 10 finders/set has no bearing

whatsoever on the question).

So yes, giving some numbers is nice, giving all of them is better (thanks for the calculations, Raistlin :) )

Edited by revi

I agree it is not practical to do it for 6 hours. However, it isn't outside the range of possibility for ~6 or so people to stock up for 30 min worth of mixing each, which would have pretty much the same affect on the amber supply. Maybe keep the xp the same and add action point cost to the mix? This would limit the number if finders it would be useful to stock up on.

But still, doesn't it seem strange that xp jumps from 260->1000 from predictors to finders?

No, it doesn't seem strange that something much more difficult gives much more experience. For all the reasons given above.

As Raistlin states above, then said in 6 that he ended up doing mostly fail predictors due to the difficulty.

As I'm experiencing now, stocking ings for both and seeing I'll be doing mostly fail predictors due to the diffulty of stocking for finders and cost involved.

There is no simple way to do what you're posting, and if so, you've paid a buttload of money and tons of harv time that make up for that relatively short #day in school time.

But with your interest so strong in engineering that you're posting suggestions about it, you'll certainly learn that the hard way as the rest of us are. :)

I've been on the exact opposite side of this arguement before talking about multi-training. In fact if you want to check ch 6 logs you could probably find it. (2 weeks of intense harvesting to buy he/sr that are burned in <6 hrs for just xp, no drops). Doesn't mean I was right then or now, but with that I'll bow out of the discussion and let Mr radu do as he wishes.

(...)

But still, doesn't it seem strange that xp jumps from 260->1000 from predictors to finders?

Four times the experience for a formula that costs at least 8 times as much (not counting

the work needed to collect those ings in the first place)? Doesn't sound too crazy to me.

Let's not forget that the ings weigh 85 emu/set. So either you are limited to 11 sets/trip (school!) or you'd have to calculate mule costs.

I think Raistlin is an optimist (considering you also need food)

And that's not considering the experience you get for the next lower item (with a cost of about 63 gc/set, taking 45 emu). Giving less

than 10% extra exp. for a formula that costs ~8x as much seems a bit cheap. (Note that getting 10 finders/set has no bearing

whatsoever on the question).

So yes, giving some numbers is nice, giving all of them is better (thanks for the calculations, Raistlin :) )

I could not have said it better myself. I am level 100 Engineering.

some remarks (and I dont want to defend anybody here):

It's possible to mix ~2400 items/h (if recipe isnt too complicated or ings are too heavy), so mix speed is more like 1.5 sec per mix.

For a full noble day and optimum results you need 14.4k (!) amber and countless other ings.

Amber is 350+ gc atm -> ~5M+ gc needed only for amber, plus 144k EaE a 11 = ~1.6M gc, plus 144k yew a 1.5 = 216k gc and lets

say selfharvested 144k (!) = 70h+ harving of honeycomb.

So yes if you spend about 7M gc and endless honeycomb harving you can get 6h of whopping ENG xp.

Seriously...

With the Super high fail rate (even at level 100!) u mix about half that at level 100 and lose a lot of ingredients so it is even less exp per hour and the honeycomb is a major inhibitor. Any less exp and they would not be worth the work. People who put the time into making these should get the deserved exp. Honeycomb cannot be bought easily in large qty in market so anyone with enough to mix 6 hours most likely harvesrted most of it themselves. also...

1 Mule load with a max level mule only hauls ingreds + food for about 25 mixes!

Edited by LuciferX

Well anyone could harv amber, or am I wrong?

And i still see tons of amber on tradebots and storages for sure.

So i wuoldnt say its a stortage. We have a shortage on grapes for example!

And guys who take the efforts to mix htose items deserve the xp.

Free Pickpoints because of certain perks should costs something. If you are antisocial, harvester of sorrow and os on.

With teh aciton points i earn every week i could harv plenty of amber, so I wouldnt say its a shortage.

those perks hsould costs something, so basically get a harv cape and harv it yourself, or bu yit for the price.

and 300gc is cheap, considering amer sold for 4k or more in the early days and guys also bought it to go to the invances for the awesome xp.

Amber is a requirement, as good armor, and the other rules to particpate in that stuff.

You need 6 in inorganic nexus to be able to harvest it. Not everybody want to spend that much PPs in this nexus.

You need 6 in inorganic nexus to be able to harvest it. Not everybody want to spend that much PPs in this nexus.

And you need a harvest level of 110, what only 110-120 players have, some of them inactive.

And you need a harvest level of 110, what only 110-120 players have, some of them inactive.

How do you need harvest level 110 to harvest Amber? You can start getting it at half the level. Takes a bit time, but so what?

At level ~60...75 it takes me about 0.25 ... 2 minutes per amber.

Edited by Elke

Serious anyone can harv amber as stated.

It just takes longer, make an alt and harv dung for example if you dont believe it ...

And as Elke stated out, mostly anyone has a harv level of 60 or 80 which is sufficent...

There has to be a fee for this perks, so you get a penalty when you take that. Or a fee when you dont spend pp in some skills or nexus.

Go and harvest it, such simple, costs 0gc

Not everyone can harvest amber Roman, you'll need 6 inorganic to harv it and not everyone has that.

The main concern about the OP is that amber is getting harder to get for the global quest which benefits us all. Although the high cost is brought up, the treasure finders are worth it apparently even if the amber prices go up (which they do atm, I am having a buy war with a known powerleveller as we speak).

Edited by DonC