Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lanfear

my pk suggestion

Hi folks!

I know there have been a lot of topics on this issue before, but i feel i want to give my detailed description of what I would have done to improve pk in this game.

A new npc, mm battlehall seems like a nice spot for it.

When spoken to you get two options, either join an existing battle or create a new one.

If you choose 'join' a list of available games shows in a vertical list and their preferences marked in checkboxes on the horizontal row. You can also see how much time thats remaining of each game and how many kills the current leader has

Then you can choose to join whatever game that suit you and your character.

If you choose 'create new' then you get the following options:

* a name for the game

* minimum cap and maximum cap

* normal cooldown or no cooldown

* ranging allowed or not allowed

* engineering allowed or not allowed

* bronze swords allowed or not allowed

* dragon armors allowed or not allowed

* time the game will last

* the cost of joining the game (in gold coins)

The cost of creating a new game is a new token (a battle token) only available from shop at the same price as haidir passes.

The game then take place in a small map with random spawn points. A small cooldown before you can attack someone.

The person with most kills when the time ends will win.

Details:

*Guildtags should be hidden on the map and everyone be able to attack anyone.

* If you die you drop nothing, no rosto is lost and you spawn in a random location with a small cooldown before you can attack or be attacked

* No break of items similar to that #day, which also solves the problem with broding and the cost of breakages, so you can take part even if you are poor

* I suggest creating a new game of maximum cap <60 to be completly free so that everyone can have fun

and maybe 1 battle token for cap between 60-130 and 2 tokens above that

* Every player pays a price in gold coins when they join the game as set by the creator (minimum 1000gcs), the creator also pays. This is then distributed between top 3 players when game ends based on number of kills

if there are more then 3 players: 1st 50% 2nd 30% 3rd 20%

if there are 3 players or less the 1st gets 100%

if two or more players score the same, they split the prize

* The eventual money won in a game will be added to the npc and can be claimed by talking to him after a game has ended

* A game can be left by walking out through some exit point, and re-entered with current kills still valid for prizes

so you may restock or change setup and then come back, 3 mins of cooldown for re-enter

* If noone kills any, the game creator gets the prize

* the game makes all the necessisary checks before you enter a new game (from game prefercences set), if ok you have to confirm you want to enter and pay the amount of gold reqiured, same is done for re-enter but you dont need to pay again

* If you exit the client or get disconnected you will still be in the battle if there is time left, otherwise you will start in mm battlehall, kills are still valid for prizes

* If option no engineering is choosen everyones engineering skill will be set temporary to 0 for that game, to prevent taking ings and make useful stuff while in the battle

* no engineering is no mines or wards or caltrops can be brought into the game

if no ranging, you cant bring arrows, bolts, crossbows or bows with you

if no dragon armors, you also cannot bring any dragon scales to prevent making any armor while inside

* only one game created by same player at the same time, to prevent flooding of games

* max time 120 mins. min time 15 mins

* while you are inside a game, a timer counting down the remaining time needs to be added

also the name of the current leader and his number of kills

then maybe a small icon which you click on to expand the full list of all players and thier kills for the current game

Future expansions:

* Ability to form teams

* Scenarios like Capture the flag

* Differrent maps

* More preferences when creating a game

Implementation:

Could use an existing map at first, kf map or one of the instance maps

Can try it without these options at first:

normal cooldown or no cooldown, ranging allowed or not allowed, engineering allowed or not allowed

bronze swords allowed or not allowed, dragon armors allowed or not allowed

I probably forgot to write something down :P

/ LanFear

Edited by Lanfear

It's a fabulous IDEA, really, I love this! Like a lot, and I don't even fight...

BUT : Fighting is what keeps the game alive (through "donations")

I like that the battle pass is implemented in the idea, but I am not sure if that's enough... Unless maybe a minimum of 5 players can join the game? AND only if everyone that is wanting to go play this battle game has to spend a battle token. (so thus, each battle, Radu would earn at least $2.50)

To me though, with the current rates that the game makes, I don't think Radu would go for something so "cheap". No breaks no rost poofing? Nah, you must be a bit more realistic. :D

I think there should be some sort of guild war option, 2 guilds enter to battle each other, that would be fun too.

Of course, knowing Radu, there would have caps, I think it would be cool if ANYONE could enter, especially the guild one (to heal, mage, range, etc etc), but you know, that's how it's been in the pass.

All in all, buddy, you got a 1 up for me!

It's a fabulous IDEA, really, I love this! Like a lot, and I don't even fight...

BUT : Fighting is what keeps the game alive (through "donations")

I like that the battle pass is implemented in the idea, but I am not sure if that's enough... Unless maybe a minimum of 5 players can join the game? AND only if everyone that is wanting to go play this battle game has to spend a battle token. (so thus, each battle, Radu would earn at least $2.50)

To me though, with the current rates that the game makes, I don't think Radu would go for something so "cheap". No breaks no rost poofing? Nah, you must be a bit more realistic. :D

I think there should be some sort of guild war option, 2 guilds enter to battle each other, that would be fun too.

Of course, knowing Radu, there would have caps, I think it would be cool if ANYONE could enter, especially the guild one (to heal, mage, range, etc etc), but you know, that's how it's been in the pass.

All in all, buddy, you got a 1 up for me!

I was thinking 10-20 as max players per game.

I really like just the creator of the game to pay battle tokens for being able to set the games preferences in his favor.

The cost in battle tokens probably needs tweaking, and other things aswell

Like the maximum time of 120 mins is probably too long

But its hard to know how people will use new features without testing

/ LanFear

Edited by Lanfear

I dont see much point really, you can already go pk/duel in pk zones/maps. And its not fun, when you dont lose anything when u lose a pvp battle.

Really, i just think u want a safe pvp area to train.

I dont see much point really, you can already go pk/duel in pk zones/maps. And its not fun, when you dont lose anything when u lose a pvp battle.

Exactly. That would make it fun. And more popular for sure. And not spoil it like you presume.

Additionally it would allow to more even-out the capabilities by the suggested min/max caps and ranges.

Edited by Elke

setting : drop/No drop?

No I dont want a safe pvp area to train, not at all

I want it to be:

good fun for all despite pk experience, skill lvls, wealth and how much time they can play

1) a lot of action

2) fun and easy

3) cheap

4) possibility of good drops

and ofcourse earn some $ for mr Radu :)

I doubt it will be used for pvp as i have described it in the first post.. please explain how it can be used for safe pvp

/ LanFear

setting : drop/No drop?

Sure you could add an option drop/no drop but i doubt anyone ever will use the drop setting

Let me make an example how this pk battle could work:

1) I want some pk fun and action so i go to the npc in mm battlehall

2) I create a new game:

name: Lanfear

min cap: 80 max cap: 130

normal cooldown

ranging: not allowed

engineering: not allowed

bronze swords: allowed

dragon armors: not allowed

time: 60 mins

cost to enter: 10kgcs

3) I then spend my battle token, pay the 10k gcs and get into the game

4) Now the game shows in the list and everyone that visits the npc can see my game

everyone 80-130 a/d can join if they meet the other requirements and pay 10k gcs

5) More people are joining, the prize pool grows

6) some might leave again for restock or change of weapons/armor and then re-enter for free

7) after 60 mins the game ends

8) 10 players total joined, prize pool of 100k

top killer gets 50% = 50k gcs

second 30% = 30k

third 20% = 20k

9) If you won, you collect your prize at the npc

/ LanFear

Edited by Lanfear

I doubt it will be used for pvp as i have described it in the first post.. please explain how it can be used for safe pvp

/ LanFear

You idea is good, but if the game gives you exp for this "event" then it could be "abused". How? 10 friends join the game, for "safe pvping". You already said you wanted guild tags removed in this map, thus what's stopping me from gathering 5 guildies, and 5 allies?

Now... if exp was taken out of the specified map, then, I could see this idea getting somewhat implemented.

I like the idea that someone could disable ranging/engineer, and other things, perhaps even summon and magic should be added.

I don't think people should be allowed to exit and re-enter if they run out of things to use (or want to switch up), at least not for free. The point is to "pk" in a "fun" matter, if you're allowed to go out an in, anytime you wish, where's the strategic moves in this?

I can't say a whole lot, since I rarely fight (and NEVER pk), but we must think outside of the box (how would someone CHEAT or ABUSE such a suggestion), and how to get Radu to even THINK about implementing it.

Edited by Lexi

So have a 30 second cooldown when someone leaves the map before they can re-enter. If you really need to restock then fine but if you just leave to avoid death or a fight then you leave your team a man down for a significant amount of time. This involves strategy and coordination. You need to let your team know that you are running low and need time to leave, take the time to set up so that they can manage without you for that amount of time and by the time you're back the next person may need to go.

From what I read there is no bonus exp, just what you get from normally. It is hardly an effort to find a quiet corner to pvp or do whatever with a friend anyway, especially with guild maps so I cannot see the problem here.

If anything I would say that a match should have a standard setting, such as 5v5 or 10v10 and last for 10/15 mins. Any large teams or longer matches could require paying some GC or a token; not that anyone would actually do this but it removes your fear of someone pvping in a game.

Also don't suggest increasing the price of something before it has even been implemented. This should be a standard thing that people do and want to do very often, not something that you do very rarely because of the price. I would make this free but allow items to be broken (not by BroD type items). This way lots more people would take part, meaning lots more hits and lots more stuff breaking naturally.

Oh and the GC to take part and then payed out should be an option rather than a requirement. Instead there should be a pvp currency that you can use to buy titles/specific items/cosmetic stuff.

Edited by Zaer

I think implement it so you don't get xp, and i like the idea of fighting arena list of games, maybe make it possible to choose a small map (1v1 Arenas. possibly based on Egratia Magic School or a copy of Theli Tarvern) and larger maps for team games.

I don't know much about programming, but i assume that there would be a limit of these maps (much as there are a limit of invance/instance maps that can be used simultaneously)

Be nice to have a safe haven for us lower lvled people to have friendly fights (yes, to the death) for fun without having the higher lvls come and ruin it :)

You idea is good, but if the game gives you exp for this "event" then it could be "abused". How? 10 friends join the game, for "safe pvping". You already said you wanted guild tags removed in this map, thus what's stopping me from gathering 5 guildies, and 5 allies?

Now... if exp was taken out of the specified map, then, I could see this idea getting somewhat implemented.

I like the idea that someone could disable ranging/engineer, and other things, perhaps even summon and magic should be added.

I don't think people should be allowed to exit and re-enter if they run out of things to use (or want to switch up), at least not for free. The point is to "pk" in a "fun" matter, if you're allowed to go out an in, anytime you wish, where's the strategic moves in this?

I can't say a whole lot, since I rarely fight (and NEVER pk), but we must think outside of the box (how would someone CHEAT or ABUSE such a suggestion), and how to get Radu to even THINK about implementing it.

Nothing stop you from gathering 5 guildies and 5 allies, but it will still cost you battle token(s) to create the game,

then you all need to pay some gold to the total prize pool

And nothing stops me or anyone else from gathering a couple of friends and go in and kill you while you pvp and claim your money as prize

But i agree with you that exp need to be removed or halved if people abuse it for pvp purpose

As i mentioned in my original post, 3 mins of cooldown if you exit before you can re-enter, thats a significant amount of time you get no kills

But about the time its takes to go to mm sto and restock or change weapons

/ LanFear

So have a 30 second cooldown when someone leaves the map before they can re-enter. If you really need to restock then fine but if you just leave to avoid death or a fight then you leave your team a man down for a significant amount of time. This involves strategy and coordination. You need to let your team know that you are running low and need time to leave, take the time to set up so that they can manage without you for that amount of time and by the time you're back the next person may need to go.

From what I read there is no bonus exp, just what you get from normally. It is hardly an effort to find a quiet corner to pvp or do whatever with a friend anyway, especially with guild maps so I cannot see the problem here.

If anything I would say that a match should have a standard setting, such as 5v5 or 10v10 and last for 10/15 mins. Any large teams or longer matches could require paying some GC or a token; not that anyone would actually do this but it removes your fear of someone pvping in a game.

Also don't suggest increasing the price of something before it has even been implemented. This should be a standard thing that people do and want to do very often, not something that you do very rarely because of the price. I would make this free but allow items to be broken (not by BroD type items). This way lots more people would take part, meaning lots more hits and lots more stuff breaking naturally.

Oh and the GC to take part and then payed out should be an option rather than a requirement. Instead there should be a pvp currency that you can use to buy titles/specific items/cosmetic stuff.

30 seconds of cooldown is probably too low and 3 minutes as i suggested in my first post is probably too much

My idea is that the cooldown before you can re-enter should be roughly equvialent to walking to mm sto and restock and then walk back again

Yes fixed team battles would be great but it takes more work to implement, I wanted to keep it simple to start with

I think there will be "teams" anyway forming in a lot of games

I dont know where i suggested to increase the cost, my idea is to have it cheap so all can join and use it a lot

I came up with the idea of battle tokens, since its no drop, no break, Radu still got to earn some money

And its a great advantage to set all the games preferences to your own liking, thats why only the game creator pays token(s)

The gcs added to a prize pool was my idea because i want it to be as cheap as possible,

but still possible earn some big money, depending on settings and how good you are

If the game is too expensive for you, you can join a cheaper game or create one yourself

Pk is about action, fun and winnings :)

The idea that you can buy titles/specific items/cosmetic stuff is a cool feature, something that can added later on

/ LanFear

Edited by Lanfear

Sto inside arena?...cant be attacked for 30 secs...cant use sto for another 2 mins

What I really like about this idea:

1. Not too big of a risk other than the one I took to enter it (10k is a nice fee imho)

2. Something to win.

3. Limited entry

With this installed, I would love to pk and will try my skills. At the moment I have no real option to pk.

No drop maps: nothing to win

Drop maps: too much to lose (50k can be 10 hrs to harv)

So +1 for the concept.