Eternal Lands Official Forums
RiyaadhABR

Map Icons

Hey i got bloodsucker maps and i like it but its just that its hard to find myself on the map (blue cross) and i would really like to change myself and map markers from a cross to a circle or anything a little smaller and clearer. I can edit DDS files with gimp but i cant find the file that has the map markers in it. Can anyone help me?? :icon13:

It's normal you cannot find a file with the marker shapes in it (marker positions are stored in text files in one of the EL user data directories).

Especially the DDS files won't have anything related to your markers .... :omg:

The markers (crosses) you see are generated and added to the map image 'on the fly' by the client code, so you would have to chance that

(but make sure to read and understand in-game rule 20 beforehand)

Edited by revi

I noticed that switching on anti-aliasing seemed to make the crosses a bit 'fatter', but the markers were still crosses.

Anyway; OP wanted the markers smaller...

And, from what I saw, Sir_Odie's clients are allowed clients: they are build from the latest GIT version, i.e. the development

version of the official code. Note, that the code is less well tested and could show bugs or crash, so take that into

account and keep a stable client as a backup. That is not a slur on Sir_Odie or the developers, but a normal risk if you

insist on using development versions of a program.

I haved used Sir Odie's updates for several months now. No problems..

Since u can not change the marker, this update actually makes the x thicker and more noticable on the maps.

I personally use them just for the more visible marker myself.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.