Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RiyaadhABR

Horse Ranch

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a horse ranch where people could buy a horse and have it permanently. Maybe we could buy equipment such as a saddle. You could attack with a ranging weapon from the horse. It has a health bar and if it dies it will spawn at ranch with 50% chance of losing its equipment. It could start of slow and then you could upgrade it to be faster. There could be places at taverns or shops where you could tie it up . It would also be cool if we could enter horse shows and races. If you want to walk it will just go back to the ranch where you can fetch it again or use a whistle.

I agree that development in the horse area would be great and i like your idea of having it upgraded overtime whilst having its own advantages but i think a way would have to be worked out so that there is a disadvantage of having a horse, otherwise everyone in the game would be travelling on horse back..

It could be very expensive or your character could be more vulnerable to attacks while on a horse. Maybe the more weight that is used up in your inventory, the more slower the horse rides. The horse could also have stats such as stamina. The horse wont move if it's stamina is a negative number.

HI

i like that i buy from shop only, they look good and are cheap. and is great way of supporting EL,

although if there was a way of combining buying from whistles from the EL shop and have some charectarsticks that could be improved, almost like the mule lvl's

maybe first 50 horses lvl are normal

second 50 have slightly faster walk speed

3rd 50 have slightly more armour

4th 50 have slightly more A/D

5th 50 have slight to cause paralysis effect 1% representing riders ability to cause terror

all effects are cumilatuve so after 250 horse whisltkes you will have all effetcs and maybe a nice medal or whatever

as long as you could only buy the whistles from the shop

i would like to see more ridable beasts, that are for looks only, like flaming black nightmares, Destriers or unicorns, giant spiders or giant wolves etc etc, remebering that the beasts are just for looks.

Also if there was some weapons that could only be weilded on horse back ( i know this subject has been broached before) or making the current spear wich is a bit crap more effective on horseback.

Edited by Rokk

Having a horse is expensive as it should be. Need to pay a monthly real money fee to keep your horse in a stable. Could also be a yearly fee like having a trade bot.

when riding the horse have to keep it fed with creature food, which we already have in the game.

speed and/or max health and/or EMU of horse can increase with levels, but doesnt have to because we already have mules and the phoenix.

horses in combat can be killed and go to underworld. player has to #suicide to find his horse in underworld and lead it back out. horses need to be healed in the same ways as elves, humans, and dwarves, etc. possibilities for some new spells and new potions.

horses need armour to protect them. various armours use up EMU, reduce speed and require nexus points. possibilities for new manufacturing and crafting items.

some weapons get stronger hit when used while on a horse. many weapons lose accuracy from horseback.

player may get increased defense on horseback - harder to hit.

Just some ideas to start. using as much as possible things and ideas that already exist in the game.

EDIT: If Radu does not want players with money to have an advantage in combat then it could be made so that a horse in combat has no noticeable advantage. major lose of accuracy. hits to horse reduce player's health also, etc. no armour for the horse.

Edited by GreyElf

A horse being a separate critter....Interesting. It having stats might mean it is too weak to carry a rider that has too much stuff on him. There could be a dot on the map taken up by the rider and a dot taken up by the horse. The player would have to try to defend his horse too if he does not want to end up on the ground. A strong horse could try to protect a weak rider, but the rider would not get xp for anything the horse does. If the horse gets hit, it could throw its rider and maybe even fall on the rider (ouch).

Of course, any of my idea and any of your ideas would probably need to be implemented a little bit at a time since it would not be a simple change.

Having there own stats, i think wouldn't be such a great idea, they would be weak and die lots, or be OP very fast.

I do like the idea of owning a Horse, being able to create it same as a character ( picking breed fur color etc ) and using the shop bought Whistles to summon it.

maybe adding the horse whistle to a rare drop from a monster also.

I saw vino riding his black horse today. looks great!. But is a horse actually useful? not yet. I have heard that they can go double speed now, but there are still too many limits.

What if the whistle was used to call the horse somewhat like the mule glyph is used for changing to a mule. There is a cost for the whistle (real money in EL store) and you need another whistle to call the horse back. The horse would wander away (thus needing another whistle) if it is rider-less for more than 12 minutes (a little longer than a death bag). So now the horse can be used as transportation. Carrying capacity is the same as the player's capacity.

Edited by GreyElf

Horses are very useful atm for invances/invasions/instances. You can all ready range or fight while mounted.

I use my horse mainly to get to a next mob fast that needs a ranger, or when searching for the last mob of a wave ...

Since Radu changed the horses, they are very useful and imo well worth the money. Pick up a horse and be creative, you'll find there are many other things to use them for other than "looks great".