Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SolarStar

Google Nexus 4, 7, 10

Can I make phonecalls with the Nexus 7 ? There are 3 of the kind. The one with 32 GB storage and HSPA+ would be cheaper with 299 € then the Nexus 4 with costs 349 €. The windows phones are crazy high with 500 € and apple is in the same category. I have a very simple phone, now I was thinking I take the N7, which has a larger display, 4325 mAh and use it as a phone.. Is that even possible ? I have found no answer to my question online yet. Maybe someone can help me ?

By the way, at the moment there are no phones availible. I think this is a marketing trick, always go for underproduction so that everyone thinks it must be a good thing when it's sold out :P Maybe one of you was able to get one of the Nexis ?

https://play.google....xus_7_32gb_hspa

Solar.

20120828233150%21Front_view_of_Nexus_7_%28cropped%29.png

Edited by SolarStar

No, the Nexus 7 is a tablet; the basic version only has wi-fi connectivity, and the 3G version has cellular connectivity, but only for data. Using it as a phone would be... an interesting experience.

I used to have a Galaxy Tab (also 7") before getting the Nexus 7, and the Tab could also be used as a phone.

I quickly discovered that it was too large to place calls, and too small when you needed a phone booth to change into your Superman suit.

If you need a phone, get a phone. Nexus 4 is an excellent choice, for $299 in the US (unlocked, no contract), but you should be able to get it for much less on contract in a short while. Or, choose any of the cheaper alternatives, maybe with a slightly older version of Android. Around here, they can be had for less than €70, unlocked/no contract. No need to get the bleeding edge of technology, if all you need is a phone...

No idea if the N7 can make phone calls, but i was trying to get the Nexus 4, and i have bought a android phone already this year (and am not usually one to buy lots of phones). The features of it are quite nice to have

No Idea o/ I have the Google nexus 1 android version and do everything on it... but then, i am a complete noob where new phones are concerned. I have had this phone a long time and am still very happy with it.

Thank you for the replys. I also received a reply from the manufacture Asus in which it says:

zunächst möchten wir uns bei Ihnen, für Ihr Interesse an unseren ASUS Produkten, bedanken!

In diesem Fall müssen wir Ihnen mitteilen, dass Sie mit dem von Ihnen genannten ASUS Modell nicht telefonieren können.

Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis.

So with internet I could still use skype :P but I agree with you Usl, the Nexus 7 might be too large as "classic" mobile phone. I didnt think about this at first.

But maybe one day I will play EL on a Nexus tablet (and then I go for the large screen ^^ )

Many tablets come without HSPA connection, have you heard if it is possible to connect a tablet with a mobile phone ?

Since they have all kind of connections these days: WLAN , Bluetooth, NFC

Edited by SolarStar