Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vinoveritas

Different exit for Instances Invances

When we finished today instance, and went then to an inside map to split the shares i thought, why does the instances (and invances for that matter) beam people to IP, when there is a backroom tavern in the Battle hall where you enter for instances.

In my book having the people appear in the Battle hall tavern for an after Battle sit in has simply more logic then finding yourself in a completely different map. The tavern is big enough to hold even the biggest Invance group is accessible through 3 rooms in the battle hall which are pk, so right now i doubt many people are using it. So it would be a nice secluded room for people to settle their after instance, invance sharing.

Would not change much or give people an advantage or disadvantage but simply bring a logic of game play in this whole thing.

you're right about the logic, but IP has an advantage, too - after each instance, a team with knights clad in shiny armor appear on IP for every newbie to see and discuss their adventures over a bottle of beer or wine, so, if they would get teleported to a hidden chamber, the newbies would miss out an opportunity to recognize a possible goal to reach in this game: become one of those great shiny knights :D

I agree with Vino about good use of back room which is currently not used. Of course more likely what would happen is players would exit room and go to MM storage since there is no storage in that room meaning shorter walk for participants than VotD storage.