Cooldown  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Cooldown

• None
    • 30 Seconds
    • 60 secods
    • 90 seconds

I voted none.

There have been many valid points made and the biggest one that stands out for me is, pear finding is the only thing that can be considered a race in the game. Its a unique item that requires a different approach to finding it. Team work can be done without adding a cool down.

I have hunted for the pear before and just because you know what map its on that doesnt mean your gonna find it. I could definately use a pear or two so I might searching occasionally.

I could definately use a pear or two so I might searching occasionally.

Good luck. And feel free to skim through my hunting tutorial, may be something in it to help with that. At least until this change happens.

I, for myself, gave up pear hunting because I donᷰt have inorg 6.

I don't know your inorganic level, but I'd say about 97% of my finds so far required at most inorganic 4. Random dictates that won't necessarily hold true always, but I got a pretty good load of data to base that estimate on.

If you possibly have even that, you can still be in with a very high possibility of being able to find it. The times you're almost certain it's in something higher, possibly a teammate could cover those?

Just saying if you still want to hunt, don't let that by itself deter you. :)

Edited by Burn

When I implemented the pear finder, I didn't think about the need for a cooldown. I assumed that finding the pear will take a very long time.

Sounds simple,(at least for me)...

If it seems that average time is ~20min and if this is to short than how it was supposed to be then it need to be tweaked.

Its not the first time something ended up different then the main idea was. and was tweaked !!! (with peeps whining and crying)

I dont know if the cooldown like this is an sullution, but its worth thinking about. If this wil solve the main problem .

I still think that, even with cooldown on the finders, there should be cooldown on the pears themselves too. One every 24 hours should do nicely.

you mean the cooldown for an person to find another pear?!

I vote for fewer cooldowns, no cooldowns for food, no cooldowns for potions no cooldowns for...

Wait a minute I have all that alreay on the PK server, why should Pear bee different, then Burn and other elitist Pear hunter can moves to PK server, the land of no cooldowns

Voted "none" ...

If a cooldown gets implemented i am REALLY curious how many whiners players will actually try and do at least few pear hunts.

I really think that anybody can get skilled in pear hunting just like Burn or Malameo did. But it needs practice and patience and that's something people don't have.

I don't have patience to level a/d, so i'll never be top a/d ... Other people don't have the patience to explore and think about tactics when finding pears - these people will never be top pear finders. nothing bad about it.

If i go to a bethel invasion or a PK with my 100ish a/d, i'll get owned pretty hard - it is exactly the same with pear hunting, you don't have the skill ? you get owned....

level the playing field by adding a cd?

imo completely wrong idea here, why don't the other people who are complaining go out and do the exploring,i have found many pears in the past 2 weeks,yet these people before me supposedly had an advantage? no not at all they just took the time to learn to do it.

once you take the time to learn the maps,it is simply a luck race, keeping a level playing field.

Just a few thoughts from me. First I did try pear hunting and failed. Hats off to them who enjoy it, I came to the conclusion it's not something I want to do. As for cool down whether there is a cool down or not it's equal to everyone. It's honestly not going to make a difference the same people are going to spend the time looking for the pears and find them. The easiest way for me to compare it is to hidden invasions. The same people find the mobs, next people will want a cool down on invasion meters. In the end the results will be the same. So IMO if you honestly want to find a pear stop complaining and start searching. Learn the maps get some speed hax and let the race begin. No need for a cool down unless you want it to take 5 mins instead of 2 for it to be found.