Eternal Lands Official Forums
Stone

Mule level update

It would be nice if once you reached a new mule level, your cc would update automatically and not just the next time you shift into it. I am not sure if the cc is increased and just does not show on the GUI or it stays the same both ways.

And related to that, the 'i' is still missing ;)

would also be nice if there can be an achievement showing for full mule. makes it so you can look at others to see if they are full mule without having to ask (bother them).

I'd like mules to be able to use additional protective items. I am tired of my mule getting frostbite, nibbled on my ass on by Lenny, etc.

Let mules raise level with CF but allow them to wear medallions, armor. etc - no weapons or whatever else mules are prohibited .

I doubt we will have warrior mule munks with hooves of steel for Creature Food is far too costly for creature food is far too costly for that.

Level 13 allows mules to wear items with human 0, level 14 with human 1. etc. Basically treat mules as human -8 nexus. Will take a while for Roja to catch with art work but will be great when it gets there.

Maybe we should think about special items for mules... like armors. Maybe give some cold/heat prot with lvl rising

While I agree that a message when you level up is nice... and it would be nice to have an achievement when you maxed out your mule level...

Isn't armor for a mule a bit much? The concept is balance. There is a pro (increased emu) and a con (can't wear anything). And given that there is no Lenny on C1 and only on C2 half the day, that means the con really isn't that much of a con. If we give the mules armor... then the next request is for them to mix... :/

Now... having said that... it's not a bad idea... for horses. Turn your horse in to a war horse, with armor.

The only (and very huge) con for a mule there is: They eat a LOT of creature food !

And Saxum, for the frostbite, having 2 or 3 BR pots with you should be more than enough :)

Mmm, what Ghrae said, mules don't need armor. Lenny or whatever is a risk you have to take (and I, as I regularly mule as well.)

However... "mule getting frostbite" ... I don't mule through anything that gives cold damage. Are they getting this?

And if so, perhaps just a tweak giving them more cold protection would be better. After all, can't mules tolerate colder weather?

yes if you mule on a map where you get cold damage in default clothes you get the same cold damage as mule, and i think too mules should be able to better tolerate the cold then a human .

Horses have horse blankets to keep them warm, why not have a similar thing for the mule :)

Nothing against this idea in itself.

Thinking more on a broader perspective though: Radu is currently working on a full reworking of the server ("gl2") including newbie starting points and possibly other big changes.

For that reason changes to the current server are more likely to occur if they're easier to do.

Adding a new item to the game (which in this case would require a new graphic which can only be done with a client update) is more time-consuming than just tweaking the stats a bit.

For that reason, I'm not opposing the idea of the blanket, just suggesting the stats tweak may be a simpler and quicker solution at this time, esp. since there's afaik no plans to have another client update before the "gl2" server is done.

Edited by Burn

would also be nice if there can be an achievement showing for full mule.

I'd like to see three level of achievement like most other things have. Say for 50%, 75% and max mule levels.

And I really like the eye icon idea too so you have some clue about your status and next level.

the graphic of mules have them already with a blanket over the back. so i would suggest just to give them +2 cold protection think no other changes are needed for them so

That's a very good idea! it will help when muling in cold maps.

Lets come back to the title....

Is it technically possible to get the information of the amount of CF needed to reach the next level from the server?

• If no, would it be a big work to carry this information in the same "bundle" as all other infos send by the server to the client ?
  • If yes, can it be implemented in any way (in a separate window like ranging stats for example ? A "level" indicator like attack/def/alch/... ?) in the client software ?

Lets come back to the title....

Is it technically possible to get the information of the amount of CF needed to reach the next level from the server?

• If no, would it be a big work to carry this information in the same "bundle" as all other infos send by the server to the client ?
  • If yes, can it be implemented in any way (in a separate window like ranging stats for example ? A "level" indicator like attack/def/alch/... ?) in the client software ?

That would mean: It would be nice if once you reached a new mule level, your cc would update automatically and not just the next time you shift into it. :>

Maybe i should post that on bugs, as it seems more like one of that. And this topic could stay open for things you never thought of :laugh: ...mule related of course!

Edit: correction of my own quote :bangwall:

Edited by Stone

It would be nice when you use the "eye" icon it would tell you how long (or how much cf) until the next level.

exactly what I was going to say. at the very least a message to let you know exactly when the mule levels up so we can keep track ourselves.

How about another mule level update, where if you reach level 13 or 14 or 15, you get 5 more slots. It would coincide with the 2nd smaller bag that shows up on the back of the mule.

If any item is in any one of the extra slots when you "de-mule", you are stuck until you clear the extra slots either by dropping the items or moving into regular inventory.

How about another mule level update, where if you reach level 13 or 14 or 15, you get 5 more slots. It would coincide with the 2nd smaller bag that shows up on the back of the mule.

If any item is in any one of the extra slots when you "de-mule", you are stuck until you clear the extra slots either by dropping the items or moving into regular inventory.

I can't figure out what 5 extra slots would be good for? It's all in the EMU not slots..

For most normal muling, you're right there's not a lot of value. But for instancers, it would be very helpful. My apologies, I should have made that clear in previous post. By the time an instancer gears up all slots can be filled up pretty easily. Then you throw in the need to move your stuff around, it becomes a logistical problem. Would be very nice to have some extra slots just for muling.

For most normal muling, you're right there's not a lot of value. But for instancers, it would be very helpful. My apologies, I should have made that clear in previous post. By the time an instancer gears up all slots can be filled up pretty easily. Then you throw in the need to move your stuff around, it becomes a logistical problem. Would be very nice to have some extra slots just for muling.

Ah that makes more sense, would be nice if you could wear your gear while transformed but they wouldn't give you any protections or benefits at all while in mule form only the EMU Negative. It would solve the instance issue and you wouldn't have to remove everything you got on and put it back on between muling.

I think he also may have meant for non-stackable items like acc/eva pots and extra weapons.

Does anyone know if Radu, Roja and /or other people in charge are able or willing to implement the suggestion regarding mule level feedback from server.

thanks