Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

OK searched the forum found unt nothing.

EL needs Guns.

Two types of Gun, a Pistol & a Rifle both of ~16th century musket design.

Bullets should be made using Eng skill, with Ings; 4 Iron bar, 1 white fabric, 5 FE & 1 black powder. to produce 5 bullets, this would make the bullets at ~70-80gc dont know a good level to suggesting

The guns themselves should not be manufacturable & secondly should be expensive, ~15k for pistol ~35k for rifle or more, they arent supposed to be cheap

the guns cant have magic upgrades eg. thermal rifle

the guns use eng skill to reload and have chance to crit fail causing loose of bullet only

the rifle is 2 handed, slow, innacurate but powerful and causing considerable damage

have visions of pistol being used in close combat as well as ranged (not sure how possible is this), single shot, cant be reloaded whilst fighting , same principles as rifle.

the pistol would be a great addition, to my arsenal. in invance etc, if i have a brace of pistols, shooting the mob a little before i charging in, without having to get bow & arrows out etc

also another use for white fabric outsde of pure aesthetics, maybe change the 4 Iron bar for 10 Gypsum.

Hope you like my sugestings :)

edit is for poor English :P

Edited by Rokk

I am holding out for the Whitestone tomahawk missile.

+1

:hehe:

@the idea

I remember several discussions on channel 6 about potential guns introduction. AFAIR radu stated that this ain't going to happen.

I would prefer to add Zat'ni'katels (zats) because i would give neat effects and they stun ( a zat-shot frooze you for 30 secs)

300px-Zatnikatel.jpg

I would prefer to add Zat'ni'katels (zats) because i would give neat effects and they stun ( a zat-shot frooze you for 30 secs)

300px-Zatnikatel.jpg

yay for stargate :D

I would love to have even AK47s, but Roja doesn't think it's a good idea :(

Thank God for Roja!

spoil sports :P

I would love to have even AK47s, but Roja doesn't think it's a good idea :(

Thank God for Roja!

Sorry but have to say I agree with Aisy and Roja on this! Guns have their place - but its not in el :P

With all the great changes that are going on in EL was hoping this idea could be thought about some more

I could easily see muzzle loaders. They would be slow to load/reload. We have black power for mines, why not? Obsidian doesn’t have a use yet, it can be the projectiles. It could fall under ranging skill. Accuracy would be horrid until you reached a high level as would effective distance. Damage could be twice that of archery weapons. It would be a reason for rangers to reach 75+ levels. I've been told by a high level fighter that there was no reason for him to level ranging, he could almost tank every monster in el, why range them. This is a reason to level range. It could also be a reason for some long lost el players to come back. Something new to train, something new to make. We could even see monsters immune to anything but firearms.

Short list of weapons that could be useable for this purpose:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musketoon

And before you poo poo this, we have mines and remotely detonated mines. These can easily fall right in line.

Edited by Aquila

And once in a while the thing blows up in your face ....

(chances of this could be dependent on your engineering level, using this might even be a combined skill item)

Would be fun to have a reason to level ranging, the 1 extra damage per 5 levels just doesn't cut it once you get above 50 or so.

Since the range accuracy also increases with levels, you actually get LESS xp with higher levels under the same conditions (aka ranging from up close in instances and invances).

Just as an illustration:

A quick calculation of my cost to level ranging from 50 to 55 in the arena on Tell day with ER and WH perk and normal attributes (I got ~32 xp/shot on Tell), it would cost about 240kgc, the next damage point about 340 k gc etc. And this is under the condition you only level on someone else's Tell days ;) and not including glyphs and CF to mule all those arrows.

I recently reached lvl 75 and got 1 extra point of damage (full AP, elven bow, pk arrows, I do 71 now instead of 70), cost of that one point leveled in the arena would be about 1 Mgc. I stopped leveling ranging well before this point and have mainly ranged in invances and instances, which is a lot slower leveling but more fun and even profitable in most cases.

So in brief;

The gun would be a muzzle loaded (maybe an EL shop xclusive item) requiring both Eng and Ranging to operate, dealing unspecified damage and loading/firing rate. firing bullets made from white cloth, blackpowder and iron and maybe paper.

This could generate some irl cash

Any more suggestions/comments?

Edited by Rokk

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

Just to have fun with it:

Blunderbuss

Tools: saw & hammer

1 log (for the stock)

10 iron bars (barrel and action)

1 hydro, seri or dvarium (part of the action and to give it some expense)

100 Fire essence

25 coal

1 yew (for the ram rod)

100 Engineering to make

To make it an all in one ammunition, it will be a paper cartridge

5 lead bars

25 black powder

25 paper

Fire essence (to melt the bullets.)

Makes 25 round.

75 engineering to make.

I said a hip hop,Hippie to the hippie,The hip, hip a hop, and you don't stop, a rock it To the bang bang boogie, say, up jump the boogie, To the rhythm of the boogie, the beat. Now, what you hear is not a test - I'm rappin' to the beat, And me, the groove, and my friends are gonna try to move your feet. See, I am Wonder Mike, and I'd like to say hello, To the black, to the white, the red and the brown, The purple and yellow. But first, I gotta Bang bang, the boogie to the boogie, Say up jump the boogie to the bang bang boogie,

Let's rock, you don't stop, Rock the rhythm that'll make your body rock. Well so far you've heard my voice but I brought a troll along, And he is next up on the mic is my man Ikaris,

QC'mon, Ikaris, sing that song!

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

So in brief;

The gun would be a muzzle loaded (maybe an EL shop xclusive item) requiring both Eng and Ranging to operate, dealing unspecified damage and loading/firing rate. firing bullets made from white cloth, blackpowder and iron and maybe paper.

This could generate some irl cash

Any more suggestions/comments?

And ir would be able to occasionally be broken requiring that quack in MM to fix it :bangwall:

Just to have fun with it:

To make it an all in one ammunition, it will be a paper cartridge

5 lead bars

75 engineering to make.

Where do you get lead bars?