Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreyElf

Special Days to Encourage Harvesting Events

I have an idea for a couple of special days that may encourage more group harvesting events..

A day where each player can carry twice as much in inventory. If that is too extreme then perhaps a day where carrying capacity is increased by 50%.

A day where harvesting is twice as fast. i.e. without Gathering cape 2x items are harvested. With cape 4x items are harvested.

How would these days be useful? I think it may encourage group harvesting events. Groups events could be a nice change from the usual solitary grind. I don't think stocking up on havestable items harms gameplay as far as I can tell. This could be a helpful day for new players who need to do a lot of harvesting to level up.

(...) I think it may encourage group harvesting events. Groups events could be a nice change from the usual solitary grind. I don't think stocking up on havestable items harms gameplay as far as I can tell. This could be a helpful day for new players who need to do a lot of harvesting to level up.

While I agree to this paragraph, I fail to follow you in the first step: how or why does generally increased emu or double harvesting speed incite more group events?

I'd expect that it works better, if e.g. harvesting speed is increased by, say, 10% for every guildie or ally sitting within X steps and harvesting the same.