Eternal Lands Official Forums

Suggestion: Log in rewards

Give players who log in every day ( and play a minimum required amount of in-game time ) a small reward after reaching a certain amount of consecutive days.

When a day is missed the chain is broken and starts from beginning again the next time the player logs in.

Also when the set amount of days has been reached and reward is claimed it is reset to beginning.

When player has reached the required amount of days a pop up will appear with the text to go to an NPC where player can claim his reward.

What the reward(s) would be I leave up to the capable hands of the ones. ( perhaps a small % increase of days and rewards based on certain overall levels )

I would like to suggest no mentioning of how many days remaining, no counters or anything anywhere, so it would be a surprise to player when pop up pops up :happy:

edit grammar

Edited by Nardo Lala

Maybe this could be 'overseen' so that players who log in and are always afk don't see any benefit?

In a way, there are already rewards who log in every day and are active: Dailies. Like Haidir and Xaq which normally take very little work and yield decent rewards. Before dailies I was barely 60/60... and now I'm over 100 a/d. Ok, still get a little jumpy when I see my own shadow, but it is a nice reward just for showing up.

I was thinking of friendship gifts, a small surprise, no treasures or kingdoms, just something that makes you go “oh nice”, just enough to go for it again.

“Granny Lorpack thought you could use these..

“Lord Vermor is pleased with your progress and decided to give you a little reward…

“Mother Nature found something under her pillow with your name on it…

Etc.

“You can pick it up at … “

Add to it a rare chance ( with a small % increase with every certain overall level a player achieved ) to get an even better reward.

Especially newbies and low to medium overall level players will be first to see the effect. For players with higher overall levels the challenge will be higher ( more days ) but also their chance for a better rare reward is higher.

The reason why is two-fold: to thank the player who has chosen to play EL over the other games out there every day, and a little nudge every day for 'limbo' players to play EL instead of another one. The hook, line & sinker is the actual chain and the incentive not to break it.

Edited by Nardo Lala

well seriously,

this seems kind of pointless. if all you have to do is log on then the reward is going to have to be something very small, which for most people will probably not be worth the time it would take to go and get it.

instead make some new quests which you can do only once you have reached a certain oa; gives new players some nice progression, can be used to introduce them to specific parts of the game and can give them an item pack containing a few useful items once completed.

Edited by Zaer

That would depend on the value set per player per overal level.

For example, a player with an overall level of lets say 250 gc worth per day, would get after 7th consecutive days ( for example ) a value reward of 1750 – 3000 gc. ( for example )

If the overall level value of the player is much higher, for example 1000 gc per day then after 14th consecutive days ( for example ) the reward when chain is not broken could be something like 14 – 40 k gc.

I am just using these amounts for examples, to explain, nothing more, I rather let the exact details over to the ones that know.

I understand what you mean but this is till just giving people free gc for doing nothing. There's already enough gc in the game. The same for any existing item as well really.

Maybe make the rewards simply cosmetic instead? Or more durable tools or something?

Yes indeed it could be, the possibilities are endless, it could be a indeed a temporary buff, or item(s), or exp or or gc, anything is possible, but you wont know until you actually collect.

Perhaps I should have bolded the reason why bit :)

Perhaps an achievement would be a good reward. xx consecutive days online badge or banner or something. this would overcome the complaints about too much easy gc in the game.

I like it.

2 of the other games I play have those little surprises and after 5 consecutive days, I get something a bit more valuable. It is especially nice when you are a new player logging in. Works for me.

If people dont like it, give them the option to turn it off.